Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #29
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dedmiston:
Sean - Tell us what it's like to get a life? We all want to know! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't know where to even start lookin'....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #30

Who is the Sean anyways????

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
He was probably the only guy that wasn't on the chat Wed night. I know the rest of the world was there.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Sean...
I happened to notice you had to drive a Chevy so you could go fast..must be cuz the Fords won't go as fast?
So you did 146 on the ride along? Cool!!
..and I love to laugh ...so thanks for letting me join in
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I feel compelled to jump in here for just a minute even though your comments were directed toward Sean, MonacoMama.

I just had to say that 154 in the quarter mile is something to think about also, Nascar not withstanding. Not to mention, in my road racing days, I was up in the 160's at Heartland park and in the 180's at Texas World speedway at college station, Tx. in 36 degree banking, watching the world go by out the top of the windshield, left top, that is.

Sorry, just couldn't resist it, been there, done that!

No, haven't driven a Nascar car but the ole Vette's been most places and done most things during my 30 years of racing. Retired now but can still remember the thrill of going fast.

I know exactly how all of you feel, it is a blast!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Tom...
What series did you race in? I love your Blue Thunder! Do you mind if I forward you webshots link to a real gearhead friend of mine? I believe he has a side business of reprogramming the GM computer chips to pull out EVEN more HP. I think he might enjoy the pics...
BTW.. you have done the one thing my DH of many years wanted to do-but did not...He really wanted to race..and I convinced him that it would not be a smart thing to do with a small son and all that ...
(sorry, Dear...if I could go back and change things magically all those years ago-I would twinkle my nose and try to make sure you could have done that )
Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey MM, hope you don't mind my shortcut for your name.

I raced with the NCCC, National Council of Corvette Clubs, and a few Corvette/Porsche challenges, and several SCCA races. Over the years I'd have to think long and hard to even name part of the tracks we've been on but its been a heck of a road.

forward the picts to who ever you want, not a problem. I've really enjoyed the experience of racing over the years, just wish I could still go and do it but years, age, and money finally put a stop to it. But, I'll still jump in the 89 and race you from stop light to stop light.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Race you?? ..Ugh -uh! Ask my DH (it cost him a microwave years & years ago!) ..I don't bet unless I am over 95% sure of myself... AND THIS WOULD NOT BE ONE OF THOSE TIMES!
BTW .. My first taste of racing was over 28 years ago - camping at Laguna Seca - watching my first set of SCCA, Trans Am & Can-AM races. I will admit that I was lured over to the Group44 Jags with Bob Tullius way back then!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I'll tell ya, it makes some of us old folks laugh to think about things like that. Every day I think about the fun times we had back then and then I get to think about the things we need to do now, ba humbug.

We still get to have some fun every now and then though, just ask Sean!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Hey Sean...
I happened to notice you had to drive a Chevy so you could go fast..must be cuz the Fords won't go as fast?
So you did 146 on the ride along? Cool!!
..and I love to laugh ...so thanks for letting me join in
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tehe tehe MM: unfortunately it isn't the Jack Rousch Driving Experience- I had to take what they brung!

The 146 that I talked about was my average lap speed @ California during my solo ride- the speeds of the ride-along were 160 in the turns and 185 in the straights! Those are Tommy Speeds in his Vette! Boy...sure cudda learned alot from him back in those days...now I'll just have to rely on my memories of watchin' Mark Martin.

We might jump ship next time- we caught wind that there's a couple of other driving schools that'll let you go faster- unfortunately, we also heard that if "you wreck it, you buy it". Might have to toss the midgets up in the air on THAT one!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #39

Sean, Glad to see ya back buddy. Is this a relapse or did you fire your anti internet coach

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Sean, Glad to see ya back buddy. Is this a relapse or did you fire your anti internet coach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh geesh...you shudda heard what Moski said when I told her I haven't been on a while..."noooooo...you're MIA on the forums?...wow, how dare you". I detected a bit of sarcasm in her voice (dare I admit! ). She loves you kids, but between Brian on his X-Box and me on my laptop (all snuggled in my "bed" ), she's gettin' tired of watching Survivor all alone.

Sooooo..... the anit-internet queen still lives! All I gotta do is finger out a way to be able to stay up all night AND go to work the next day!

Auuuugh...not that bad...just alot of things going on this month. If anyone gets around to driving by the house, you should like the 20 foot Christmas Light tree out in the front yard...
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #41

You keeeeeel me Sean. You just ruined it for me. Now every time I talk to you on the forum I will have this picture of you all tucked in your bed with your WW pajamas on with your laptop on a pillow burned into my brain. Thanks Sean.....It's not a pretty picture.

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
You keeeeeel me Sean. You just ruined it for me. Now every time I talk to you on the forum I will have this picture of you all tucked in your bed with your WW pajamas on with your laptop on a pillow burned into my brain. Thanks Sean.....It's not a pretty picture.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...give me a couple of days with my PhotoShop, and you won't have to "burn it" into your brain. Better, yet- I'll go thru my archives and see if I gotta pic of YOU!

Tags
heartland