Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i gotta tell you .. that Sean is a one of a kind dude
we've all had more laughs with him then imaginable
and a number of us met up at his house on our way to the woods up there on a great campout

of course Don had to spoil that day by making fun of my broken ford, but then he's a good ol' chevy boy so its cool

vette racer, whater you thinken of the new vettes that are rumered to be rolling off the line next year??? they're saying 600 ponies or more !!

this is the best RV'n site on the 'net

Fat

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey FD, good to hear from you again. How's things?

Who say's there's no horsepower race.

Roger on this being the best RV'n site on the net!

As for Sean, well, we miss him but he has to decide for himself when he wants to come back and play. In the meantime we'll just carry on.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Speaking of one of a kind dudes, WELCOME BACK there Fat Dog!!

Maybe you can hang with Tommy a while and keep the iRV2 version of the "boyz with toyz" rolling!

We've got to keep an eye on that Tommy boy and his juiced up toys!

Good to see ya 'round these parts man......
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #18

thanks rebels !

tommie,
the HP race seems to be missing a couple pistons in too many cases for me although i might just be paranoid about the new trends -
like caddy is getting rid of their V8s i think i heard,
and this is the last year of the mighty 8.1 for marine engines (thank you i still have one )

and i still have read this board a lot looking for airstream owners
i have looked into getting an old one, but they can be a load of work and i'll just NEVER get used to something with a 30 gallon water tank after having something with 150

and i've kicked the tires on new airstreams, but at the prices they ask !!??! i'm wondering if they think they're selling Howard Hughes's Spruce goose or something

football - go Chargers! .... as this is the only time of year that it is socially acceptable to have a beer in your hand at 10am on a Sunday morning,
but i still have no problem anyway with doing it though all the other Sundays of the year

got my channel changer in one hand and i'm being called back to the tv room ...
Old 01-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sounds good there FD. Getter done! Don't be a stranger now.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #20

tom
i'm suffering cabin fever from the lack of my truck for what is about 3 weeks now, as i brought it out to a top-o-the-line-race trans rebuild shop that was essentially closed for the Christmas season
and yes it is still CHRISTMAS to me and not just 'a Holiday' ??! - we still put a nativity scene up here on our front lawn, even though we don't really have a front lawn, it is more like just cactus

got me a new tranny with a rad torque converter and primo valve body and clutches, new coolers, and switching fluid
i'm going to replace my dinosaur (3 year old) superChips modulator with a BD chip with up to a dozen presets and some intelligent punch behind it
and i get it back this Friday !!!
call me a kid at Christmas time, well,,, i AM a kid at Christmas time

first thing i'm doing is haul my boat out to the sea for the first time in a few months and i'm heading way out to the open

next i'm going to, well,,, use my truck for other stuff i guess and the list is long

great guys here, love reading up on what good folks have to say, theres some good talk here
Old 01-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
With that tranny you should be able to wake up that stroker and still keep things together.

You'll have to keep us updated with all that fun in the sun as some of us (me) just get to cut wood and stack debris when the weather permits. At least it ought to keep me busy until spring when I can shift gears to something more fun. Keep in touch.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #22

and Tom-racer, how about that Dakar being cancelled? I don't know how popular that race is with the country-folk over there but that is one good way of losing the race forever. I heard that China, russia, and a few other countries have expressed an interest in having that sort of race on their territory instead because of this. Maybe China knows how to squalsh terrorists, (since they have so much xperience in doing the same).

A guy who i sit next to at the local counter here in lakeside has raced at dakar once, and his son won one of the classes at our own Baja1000 with their '86 F150.
Now that is some good chat when i share a pizza and suds with those guys.

The papers have quoted Robbie Gordon as being bummed that his team spent many millions that are now essentially wasted because those vehicles can't really be used anywhere else. I suspect he won't die wandering poor thru thru the streets because of that cancellation, but it also annoys me. So don't drive the race thru the terrorist' countries and run it going the other way.
oh well
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeah FD, that was a shame but kind of how the world turns anymore.