Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
I read that differently. He's saying that it's more about how a company responds than the failure itself. He's saying that he's unhappy with the response that he received from the company. And due to that response he won't buy another product from Thor.

Again, his customers service experience is the issue. That's perhaps a more pervasive problem than a one-off bad unit that has to go back..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
And just to make things as clear as mud, you can find entire threads on how happy people are with Thor products:

I love my Thor | Damon Outlaw!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #31

My point is that Thor touches a lot of customers. Not saying they handled JohnBoyToo's situation right because I don't know the details of the situation. Maybe he / she is willing to share here as Thor is a site sponsor and all would see the issues. But even JohnnyBoyToo said that the unit was taken back the factory. Was that for resolution? Buy back? Never heard if the issues were resolved.

Thor is not known for just screwing everyone over with crappy products and service. If that were the case, I would not own a Keystone and no one else would be buying their other products.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
And just to make things as clear as mud, you can find entire threads on how happy people are with Thor products:

I love my Thor | Damon Outlaw!
Exactly. I think the OP is getting the point.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #33

Have owned 2 Cyclones. Other than the normal issues all RVs have, we love our 3950 (42 feet long). I always deal directly with the mfg, not Heartland. So when my rear, garage bed lifts went South, I called HappiJack. They were awesome. Furnaces goes bad, call the mfg. Our TV is a "tuned" F450. While the mileage is poor, we only run 60mph...and love/n life. We leave next week and will return to our mountain home in the Fall. BTW: 12' garage w/ bathroom)) Literally gave the China bomb tires away free the 2nd day I owed it.))
Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #34

Except for the super luxury models, the rest of the TH are about the same in quality and it's not very good.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Except for the super luxury models, the rest of the TH are about the same in quality and it's not very good.
I think that's probably mostly accurate. What does differ between the manufacturers is how they support their customers and how they handle problems.

Maybe that just matters for the first 1-3 years, but I think it's definitely looking into and can save you some frustration.

Look for models with good suspension components over fancy interiors - it's a hint to being manufacturered by someone who might care more about than just moving it off the sales floor...
Old 04-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #36

IF money is not a issue there is no comparison between the drv or New Horizons coaches,to the rest of them.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #37

Talking just about toyhaulers in general

Knowing what I know now about the rv industry and how crap is built.

My next unit will be a custom gooseneck from ATC, Featherlight, Millenium or Mirage or Forset River Wor aND Play. Toyhauler speaking. You get a great chassis to actually haul what you want without going over gvwr. You can have them built just as plush and with all the bells an whistles for near the same or less.

I will never ever buy another camper brand toyhauler.

Thor, Keyston, Heartland the whole lot of them can go belly up for all I care.

Find the best engineered and strongest frame you can find. All the glitz and glamor sidewall and roof structure construction doesn't mean squat it it's not on a good foundation.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
Curious, you'd buy a FR Work and Play (they have a triple axle big one 40' near me) - but not a FR camper/hauler?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Curious, you'd buy a FR Work and Play (they have a triple axle big one 40' near me) - but not a FR camper/hauler?
Go look at the frame. All the work and play frames are built. They are not lightweight rigs. I could be wrong but the ones I was looking at with a buddy of mine before he bought his mirage were well built frames. If I am wrong...take them off my list.

And I had a Grey Wolf 25rr before I bought my new abortion...it wasn't a bad rig just needed a tad more. I wanted a tad more rig...not a tad more headache and I got the latter.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #40

LA Gulf Coast Campers
I have a work and play 28 ft. Had a blowout no damage, because the finder well is all metal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1462125399.185240.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	125735

Harry -O-
Doing it Cajun Style!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great posts, thanks!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPRam View Post
I have a work and play 28 ft. Had a blowout no damage, because the finder well is all metal.

Attachment 125735

Harry -O-
Doing it Cajun Style!
That's huge. I don't know why they don't all do that.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote