Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #43

WE have a 2000 Thor 25TB TT toy hauler, and we just replaced it with a 2004 Next Level 34CKS. The Thor had issues since we owned it, the worst of all a dry-rot problem. The front corners both rotted out, and all the warning we got was when the interior front wall collapsed in the kitchen. A week later, the front outer metal wall broke free on the same vacation. The rv was taken care of and sealed every year, with the old caulking removed and replaced. When we found the Next Level, we were very happy with the build quality and the fit and finish. The paint and roof are in great shape, and it has a 2500lb capacity ramp door. The one we found took 5-6 months of searching and waiting, but it had every conceivable option. These are hard to find, but good luck to all those of you who are looking for something like this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #44

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 made by Heartland we fulltime in, we will never buy another Heartland product. That being we did not go cheat purchasing this RV. It has everything except a outside TV including fully body paint. If we had it to do over again today we would go with DRV Fullhouse TH, or go with New Horizon even if it cost more. As stayed you get what you pay for. As for Thor I don't like it but DVR is now owned by Thor and with that believe even their quality is now lacking. So looks like our next would be New Horizon.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 AM   #45

Weekend Warrior by Factory!!!!
The RV I regrettably own the 4250 which is way over priced. Purchased January 2016

1.New windows in slides a. Windows on sides of slide units open into the seals, inside frame of unit.
2. Window coverings not installed properly all are uneven and some do not work correctly
3. Redo steps
a. Floor on the stairs buckling
b. Wall on left wall of stair is coming loose at the bottom,

4. Put thicker and properly cut to size drawers bottoms
a. drawers in the bedroom all have bottoms that are coming off and had to be rebuilt/ some of the latches have fallen off completely or are loose. Re build all drawers.
5. Replace drawer slides.
a. Bedroom drawer slides and Kitchen drawer has lost ball bearings and no longer hangs straight needs new rails.

6. Install Refrigerator properly
b. Not installed right. Max ¼ inch around unit, yours 2 ½ around unit
c. Max 1 inch behind unit, yours about 2
d. Space between vents 63 inch, yours 61. Will need outside of slide modified to fix this one, with custom paint that will be a problem.
i. Quote from Manual. “the maximum clearances specified are necessary for correct refrigerator performance

7. Microwave oven is supposed to be a convection oven
8. Trim around the top of slide out in kitchen is falling off
9. Inside the kitchen cupboard on right has nails/staples sticking out into the cupboard/ missing a trim board

10. Door sill in living room has broken screws and is coming loose
11. Put in proper duct work for furnace. Which means you need more than one in the living area, and larger ducts
a. Furnace cannot be used as the ducts are only 2” and this is causing it to overheat and triggering the safety mechanism to shut it off. This is a fire hazard!!! 37 outside best we got was 62

12. Repair Air-conditioner
a. I can feel cold air coming around the ceiling vent fan in bathroom when the air conditioners are running/ Questioning the existence of any duct-work.
13. Cable for rear gray water tank release bent at extreme angle and cracking/ shut off valve will not close all the way letting dirty water leak on ground.
a. Someone has to crawl under the camper and push the valve while someone pulls the lever too close it
14. Light above outside step latter is falling off/ only one screw was ever installed
15. Nut on hydraulic unit on dinette slide fell off, Slide units are not secure!!!!
16. No lock-nut on coach stove side slide
17. Bottom of unit has covering that is not intact Water collects in it and causing it to sag/ the seals are all coming apart. Potential for mold, mildew and rodent issues!! At least one screw has popped though.
18. Leveling jacks have never worked correctly Starting on the very first day at your factory when he could not get it off his truck. It takes 2 or 3 tries resetting the system before unit is level. After talking to Manufacturer of Leveling jacks, probably installed wrong.
19. Windows in garage leak

20. kitchen drawer slides bearings falling out
21. Rear awning delaminating.
22. Awning touches slide, will cause premature wear. Loud cluck when extending.
23. Ball bearings falling out of bedroom drawer slide.

25. Light in fridge does not shut off
26. Uneven tire wear from crooked axle
27. Parts falling off cabinets in bedroom
28. Booth dinette, fronts falling off seats
29. Wall falling apart in garage.
30. Grey water tank fell out.
31. Couch slide out leaks.
32. Replace door for washer dryer closet. from improperly installed washer. No hose washers installed causing water to spray all over cabinet
33 valances falling off windows

The long list is close to 100 items and includes cosmetic issues
Old 08-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSS View Post
Weekend Warrior by Factory!!!!
The RV I regrettably own the 4250 which is way over priced. Purchased January 2016

1.New windows in slides a. Windows on sides of slide units open into the seals, inside frame of unit.
2. Window coverings not installed properly all are uneven and some do not work correctly
3. Redo steps
a. Floor on the stairs buckling
b. Wall on left wall of stair is coming loose at the bottom,

4. Put thicker and properly cut to size drawers bottoms
a. drawers in the bedroom all have bottoms that are coming off and had to be rebuilt/ some of the latches have fallen off completely or are loose. Re build all drawers.
5. Replace drawer slides.
a. Bedroom drawer slides and Kitchen drawer has lost ball bearings and no longer hangs straight needs new rails.

6. Install Refrigerator properly
b. Not installed right. Max ¼ inch around unit, yours 2 ½ around unit
c. Max 1 inch behind unit, yours about 2
d. Space between vents 63 inch, yours 61. Will need outside of slide modified to fix this one, with custom paint that will be a problem.
i. Quote from Manual. “the maximum clearances specified are necessary for correct refrigerator performance

7. Microwave oven is supposed to be a convection oven
8. Trim around the top of slide out in kitchen is falling off
9. Inside the kitchen cupboard on right has nails/staples sticking out into the cupboard/ missing a trim board

10. Door sill in living room has broken screws and is coming loose
11. Put in proper duct work for furnace. Which means you need more than one in the living area, and larger ducts
a. Furnace cannot be used as the ducts are only 2” and this is causing it to overheat and triggering the safety mechanism to shut it off. This is a fire hazard!!! 37 outside best we got was 62

12. Repair Air-conditioner
a. I can feel cold air coming around the ceiling vent fan in bathroom when the air conditioners are running/ Questioning the existence of any duct-work.
13. Cable for rear gray water tank release bent at extreme angle and cracking/ shut off valve will not close all the way letting dirty water leak on ground.
a. Someone has to crawl under the camper and push the valve while someone pulls the lever too close it
14. Light above outside step latter is falling off/ only one screw was ever installed
15. Nut on hydraulic unit on dinette slide fell off, Slide units are not secure!!!!
16. No lock-nut on coach stove side slide
17. Bottom of unit has covering that is not intact Water collects in it and causing it to sag/ the seals are all coming apart. Potential for mold, mildew and rodent issues!! At least one screw has popped though.
18. Leveling jacks have never worked correctly Starting on the very first day at your factory when he could not get it off his truck. It takes 2 or 3 tries resetting the system before unit is level. After talking to Manufacturer of Leveling jacks, probably installed wrong.
19. Windows in garage leak

20. kitchen drawer slides bearings falling out
21. Rear awning delaminating.
22. Awning touches slide, will cause premature wear. Loud cluck when extending.
23. Ball bearings falling out of bedroom drawer slide.

25. Light in fridge does not shut off
26. Uneven tire wear from crooked axle
27. Parts falling off cabinets in bedroom
28. Booth dinette, fronts falling off seats
29. Wall falling apart in garage.
30. Grey water tank fell out.
31. Couch slide out leaks.
32. Replace door for washer dryer closet. from improperly installed washer. No hose washers installed causing water to spray all over cabinet
33 valances falling off windows

The long list is close to 100 items and includes cosmetic issues

Damn...I am feeling pretty good about my wreck now.

I will never buy another camper branded toyhauler again. I may not get a nice plush rig but I will take well built over a pig in a velvet blanket anyday
Old 08-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr3406 View Post
Upon doing research upon research, I would like try another direction. Which brand of fiver toy hauler should I stay away from?
here is a cleaned up version. with a few more items.

Too much copy paste from the complaint sent to the RV Factory. on last one.

Weekend Warrior by The RV Factory!!!!
The RV I regrettably own the 4250 which is way overpriced. Purchased January 2016

1. New windows in slides, Windows on sides of slide units open into the seals, inside frame of unit.
3. Redo stepsFloor on the stairs bucklingWall on left wall of stair is coming loose at the bottom,
4. Put thicker and properly cut to size drawers bottoms,drawers in the bedroom all have bottoms that are coming off and had to be rebuilt/ some of the latches have fallen off completely or are loose.
Bedroom drawer slides and Kitchen drawer has lost ball bearings and no longer hangs straight needs new rails.
5. Install Refrigerator properly
Not installed right. Max ¼ inch around unit, yours 2 ½ around unit
Max 1 inch behind unit, yours about 2
Space between vents 63 inch, yours 61. Will need outside of slide modified to fix this one, with custom paint that will be a problem.
Quote from Manual. “the maximum clearances specified are necessary for correct refrigerator performance
6. Microwave oven is supposed to be a convection oven
7. Trim around the top of slide out in kitchen is falling off
8. Inside the kitchen cupboard on right has nails/staples sticking out into the cupboard/ missing a trim board
9. Door sill in living room has broken screws and is coming loose.
10. Put in proper duct work for furnace. Which means you need more than one in the living area, and larger ducts. Furnace cannot be used as the ducts are only 2” and this is causing it to overheat and triggering the safety mechanism to shut it off. This is a fire hazard!!! 37 outside best we got was 62
11. Repair Air-conditioner.I can feel cold air coming around the ceiling vent fan in bathroom when the air conditioners are running/ Questioning the existence of any connected duct-work.
12. Cable for rear gray water tank release bent at extreme angle and cracking/ shut off valve will not close all the way letting dirty water leak on ground. Someone has to crawl under the camper and push the valve while someone pulls the lever too close it.
13. Light above outside step latter is falling off/ only one screw was ever installed
14. Nut on hydraulic unit on dinette slide fell off, Slide units are not secure!!!!
15. No lock-nut on coach stove side slide
16. Bottom of unit has covering that is not intact Water collects in it and causing it to sag/ the seals are all coming apart. Potential for mold, mildew and rodent issues!! At least one screw has popped though.
17. Leveling jacks have never worked correctly Starting on the very first day at your factory when he could not get it off his truck. It takes 2 or 3 tries resetting the system before unit is level. After talking to Manufacturer of Leveling jacks, probably installed wrong.
18. Windows in garage leak.
19. Rear awning delaminating.
20. Awning touches slide, will cause premature wear. Loud cluck when extending.
21. Uneven tire wear from crooked axle
22. Parts falling off cabinets in bedroom
23. Booth dinette, fronts falling off seats
24. Wall falling apart in garage.
25. Grey water tank fell out. Only supported by light angle iron and #10 self-tapping screws. Black is held up same way. No under supports as a lot of manufactures do.
26. Couch slide out leaks.
27. Replace door for washer dryer closet. from improperly installed washer. No hose washers installed causing water to spray all over cabinet
28. valances falling off windows
29. Fender not installed right falling off. (first 2 weeks)
30. Support for wires on slides falling off
31. Brakes failed after 1800 miles. Windows on sides of slide units cannot open due to part still inside unit.
32. No grommets around hydraulic hoses showing signs of wear.
33. Bedroom door fell off. Ripped screws from ceiling due to the fact that they were only screwed into the thin plywood. No backup support.
34. Roof plywood so thin you cannot crawl on all 4s without cracking
Old 08-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #48

Nightmare on RV Factory

Quote:
Upon doing research upon research, I would like try another direction. Which brand of fiver toy hauler should I stay away from?
they The RV Factory is now taking a hard line on the repairs. So now running into issues.

Worst nightmare of our lives.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #49

Toy haulers

Quote:
The advice about seeing TH first hand is very sound indeed! If you can attend a major RV show, i.e. Tampa, Hershey, etc. they have 100's of all the different coaches/5er's/all makes and models. You can also get pretty good deals at these shows.
We currently own a 2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 with 12' toy area. It is just short of 44'. We needed the extra toy length to fit the 2014 Ultra Limited.
SFC V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #50

Quote:
they The RV Factory is now taking a hard line on the repairs. So now running into issues.

We have many similar issues with out Alfa Gold. It was sent back to the factory last September and we received it back early November. Less than half of the list was completed but everything was signed off. When I talked to them I was told "the tech said he did everything". They didn't have a quality person to check anything. We had factory approval to get the other repairs done. We hired a mobile mechanic to do some of the work we really needed fixed. He did a great job but he was never paid for his work. Evergreen was the manufacturer and they are gone now so we are on our own and the mechanic will never get paid.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Damn...I am feeling pretty good about my wreck now.

I will never buy another camper branded toyhauler again. I may not get a nice plush rig but I will take well built over a pig in a velvet blanket anyday
How do you know if the fridge light goes off?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa1 View Post
How do you know if the fridge light goes off?
Explain yourself....
Old 08-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
So you are stating a DRV Fullhouse is crap. Thor owns DRV.
Last month I looked at a New DRV toyhauler. Was very disappointed with the fit and finish. The door to the side of the garage fit so poorly my wife thought it was locked. It wasn't but it took quite a tug to open. It fit crooked in the opening. That was it for DRV for me. If they let that rig go to the dealer that way expecting someone to shell out $100,000+ for it, shame on them.

The sales guy blamed it on the fact Thor bought them and basically said they own 75% of the market so what are you going to do?
Old 08-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #54

Quote:

PRSS - who have you been talking to at the RV Factory?

Did you get the operational walk through of the unit at the factory?

Did you "camp" in it at their factory before taking it home? If so, did you notice any of the issues while there and have anything fixed? If so, do they do a good job with those issues?

Who is "they" that is saying RV Factory is taking a hard line on repairs?

That punch list certainly does not sound positive and I am grateful you posted it. I put a deposit on my WW and will take delivery later this year. I will use your list to look for those issues before I hand them the final payment and drive it off the lot.

Sorry you have had such trouble. Best of luck to you.