Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #1

which one for fulltiming

HI: We are looking at fulltiming in the near future,and are looking at a toyhauler,40 ft range.Right now we are looking at a Raptor Velocity or Gulfstream Enduramax. Anyone have any experience with these manufacturers about quality and reliability or do you have any suggestions for a good fulltime toy hauler?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #2

Howdy!

Don't know much about the TH's you have listed. But as a fulltimer myself I have researched them a bit. At the top of my list is New Horizon and they also do custom builds. The other two are Excel, and KZ Escalade TH'ers. Don't know if it helps but something to consider.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Old 03-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to PugPug
Toyhauler

I have a heartland 3950 which has treated us well with few problems. I was at a rv show here in tucson yesterday and saw the new heartland 3800 which is a triple axle 40+ft, dual bathrooms, extra beds, etc. I was quite impressed with the new features, longer slides for more living area. Google heartland 3800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldhat View Post
hi: We are looking at fulltiming in the near future,and are looking at a toyhauler,40 ft range.right now we are looking at a raptor velocity or gulfstream enduramax. Anyone have any experience with these manufacturers about quality and reliability or do you have any suggestions for a good fulltime toy hauler?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #4

Fieldhat,
We own a Keystone Raptor Velocity 40 foot and love it. We just recently became fulltimers and are loving every minute of it. I converted the garage space to an art studio for my wife. The trailer is plenty large for me my wife and kids. Good luck on finding the right one. Our model number is 380lev.

R,
Avopsldo
Old 03-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Thanks for the info-have looed at the kz but not the others-will now
Old 03-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Hi,
I just placed my order for a New 2012 Excel W41GKE Wild Cargo TH'er. Rated for full time and -10F. Have a look at some of the details here.

Rick
Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #7

We have a 2011 Heartland Road Warrior 361 and are Full Timers. We have over 3,000 miles on it so far and are very pleased with the way it's held up. The interior is very homey also, so we don't feel like we are living in a movable "Lounge".
It features triple axles, 3,000 lb. garage capacity, screened garage with electric couches and bunks, and exterior fridge and electric fireplace inside.
Heartland also makes a Cyclone too.
Most High end Toy Haulers are great, the best thing to do is get inside them and see which one feels like home. That's what we did!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #8

As I wrote before in another topic we just put in an order for the Open Range Rolling Thunder H345MPR.

We looked at so many toy-haulers and what I didn't like about most was that they did not give me that 'homey' feeling. All seating was right across the kitchen giving me the feeling that I was sitting in my kitchen all the time.
The Rolling Thunder did not give me that idea, it has an obvious living area to the left of the kitchen with sliding doors to the 'garage' or in our case my husbands office and sliding door across the kitchen to the patio, which gives it a really spacious look and feel. We have an optional kitchen island, meaning we can move it if we don't need it or if we find it annoying we can take it out.
It has a fireplace to make it cozy during the chilly nights. The patio is a godsend to me, I am disabled and this makes it so easy for me to be able to sit outside without having to get up and down the stairs because I wanted a drink or forgot something. The dogs can keep me company without having to tie them up outside. A real nice feature.
The trailer is a good 42 ft long, Open Range doesn't list their trailers as length but as sq ft. because they say, they are wider than most trailers. I haven't checked if that was true so forgive me if it isn't.
The furnishing are high quality, I especially like the non-brocant and non- flowery fabrics and valances as I 'm not that type of girl. :-) I like stylish modern looks and that's what we got.
Here is the link ours is the H345MPR. I changed the white cabinets and the fridge to their regular wood panels. http://www.openrangerv.com/Rear-Garage/floorplans.aspx

We also had a peek at the Cyclone also a very nice trailer. I especially liked their patio as well only this one had no awning because they used the back ramp to create a patio. Very big, but I would have to pass through my husband's office all the time disturbing him in his conference calls or whatever so we didn't choose that one.
I liked the Newmar but it was totally out of our budget! But beautiful trailer nevertheless!

Another great looking trailer is the Dutchmen Komfort really nice furnishings and beautiful cabinets and a gorgeous bathroom area, very roomy!
While looking for a pic of the Komfort I just realized it's a bunk trailer, we wanted to convert the front bunk to an office for DH. Sorry about that, still, it was a great looking trailer. :-)

If you have any questions about the Open Range feel free to ask! Good luck on your search, while it was fun, I'm glad it's over. Besides fun I found it stressful! :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #9

New one

Looked at Dutchman Voltage recently-very,very nice looking toy hauler-prices close to Raptors but is more elegant,more refinement.Definitely top of the list right now-have looked at Heartlands and they have good floorplans but Dutchman feels of better quality
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #10

Fieldhat...do not buy the Voltage!!! It may look nice but it has severe slide problems. They only use little motors with gear reductions that only pull 5 amps. They will stop if they hit anything. So, what does that tell you? They will stop if you are not level, if the carpet binds up or if dirt gets in the tracks. Coachman is working on the problem but so far they have not come out with any fixes. How do I know this? I am an RV Tech that works on these pieces of you know what every day. So, do not waste your hard earned money right now. Also, any Heartland product would never get a penny of my money.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #11

Under the surface

Thanks Hitman for info,I work for John Deere and know all the mechanical side of technology. I questioned the salesman on the slides,mainly hydraulic vs electrical.In Ag industry,hydraulic propulsion is by far more reliable and trustworthy. My wife wonders why I spend so much time looking in,over,and under the manufacturing of-well anything.As the saying goes,a house is only as strong as it's foundation.As I tell my customers and my personel-if it's made by man, it can and will fail sometimes. Your expertise is a much needed voice on forums like this. We are still looking, Open Range looking better all the time,will maybe rattle a few cages with Dutchman on slide issue. Again thanks.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #12

Hi! Fieldhat,

I currently fulltime in a Raptor 3812 and it has been a great unit to live in with few minor problems. The unit is roomy for a single guy and I really like the garage for storage space.
H308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #13

Hi Feildhart
I have a V3200 Voltage "smaller one" and me and DW love it, had no issues with it yet keeping fingers crossed ... Dont know about the bigger ones, Good luck on hunting for what you want
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #14

Oops FIELDHAT .... darn fat finger typing

Tags
heartland, kz-rv