Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
You're kidding right? Have you seen my avatar? I'll make it bigger beow... XLR WILL DO any color you want. You have to go with their design of swirls and swooshes but ANY color you want will be done. Mine is Ford Ingot Silver to match my truck with Ford Magnetic Metallic as the secondary. I dropped the third color as I didn't want it that busy. If you go to their Facebook page they also show many other custom paint jobs they've done to match owners rigs. I'm not sure if all FR lines offering full body paint will do this but XLR will. Oh, and they will also do a double clearcoat for an even deeper finish if you want that upgrade. So I'm afraid it is you who is wrong about this. LOL indeed.

Off list options WILL be added IF they fit the floorplan you want. Of course they are not going to redesign a floorplan to add something for you. LOL again. On mine, I got auxiliary rear electric jacks to supplement my level up, a power rear awning over my party deck as opposed to the standard manual unit that was offered at the time I ordered, an LP quick connect for my grill, and a fantastic fan over my loft bed. All off list options. They also do MANY other off list options like slide toppers, double clear on the paint, etc. if you ask.

As to the discount, it's a MINIMUM of 35%. That's what the little "+" meant next to my 35% in the above post. Yes you can get more as both you and I did but that's a safe place to start. If you got 40% off a Tesla you are in a different region that I am. I couldn't get anyone within a thousand miles to go over 25%. 40% likely works out to the same as 35% on other brands though as Telsa is more expensive from the get go so they need a higher discount to make them competitive. And, since said high discount is hard to get on a Tesla, it makes them less competitive in the market.

Lastly, no, not an XLR salesman. I'm just a guy from MA who's been very happy with the XLR buying and owning experience. I'd love to work in the industry and for XLR in particular but IN is just too flat for my taste.... If they offer me a job as traveling salesman, I'll take it though... and that's no LOL...

That is a beautiful rig! Love the paint matching the truck.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you VERY much. The paint option is the biggest thing you can do to an RV to make it different from the mass of gray and white fiberglass out there. It wasn't cheap but really, it wasn't expensive relative to the size of the RV. I think it added about $6600 which is a lot but again, relative to size, not so much. Car's cost more to paint.

Now, I just have to pray Ford doesn't drop Ingot Silver when I'm ready to replace the truck in a year or so. If that happens, there will be some cursing...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #17

Which would you buy?

Quote:
Thank you VERY much. The paint option is the biggest thing you can do to an RV to make it different from the mass of gray and white fiberglass out there. It wasn't cheap but really, it wasn't expensive relative to the size of the RV. I think it added about $6600 which is a lot but again, relative to size, not so much. Car's cost more to paint.

Now, I just have to pray Ford doesn't drop Ingot Silver when I'm ready to replace the truck in a year or so. If that happens, there will be some cursing...

You need a silver Platinum F450, that would be the truck to go with that trailer! I love my F450 but driving it daily as I do I'd like the 3.73 gears for driving to work and back. But, for towing it's awesome. It has slowed me down though, I drive slower (65-70 mph) to get around the same fuel mileage as my F250.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
You need a silver Platinum F450, that would be the truck to go with that trailer! I love my F450 but driving it daily as I do I'd like the 3.73 gears for driving to work and back. But, for towing it's awesome. It has slowed me down though, I drive slower (65-70 mph) to get around the same fuel mileage as my F250.

An Ingot Silver 2017 is planned as soon as the order banks open... As long as they don't drop the color. Then we got problems...
Old 08-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #19

Quote:
You're kidding right? Have you seen my avatar? I'll make it bigger below... XLR WILL DO any color you want. You have to go with their design of swirls and swooshes but ANY color you want will be done. Mine is Ford Ingot Silver to match my truck with Ford Magnetic Metallic as the secondary. I dropped the third color as I didn't want it that busy. If you go to their Facebook page they also show many other custom paint jobs they've done to match owners rigs. I'm not sure if all FR lines offering full body paint will do this but XLR will. Oh, and they will also do a double clearcoat for an even deeper finish if you want that upgrade. So I'm afraid it is you who is wrong about this. LOL indeed.
Taken - what a very nice set up you have there. I like it when I see someone who has gone beyond the norm to put together something different. We were lucky on our TH purchase and how close it matched our Tow Vehicle.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks Bill! You do match up pretty well too...
Old 08-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Thanks Bill! You do match up pretty well too...
Holler at us if you're ever out this way. We are contemplating a trip to the Moosehead Lake area possibly next summer??
Old 08-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Moosehead Lake in Maine? Aren't you in CA? If so, that's quite the trip! We are up in that area all the time both during ATV and Snowmobile season. If you are indeed heading east, let us know when... I Googled Moosehead Lake CA and didn't find one...LOL.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 AM   #23

You're right, there is no Moosehead Lake, CA. Small world if you are familiar with the one in Maine. We've been there a few times, some of my favorite places are Greenville, Shirley, Rockwood, Pittston Farm and Seboomook Lake. Anxious to take our ATVs there.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosilfuel View Post
You're right, there is no Moosehead Lake, CA. Small world if you are familiar with the one in Maine. We've been there a few times, some of my favorite places are Greenville, Shirley, Rockwood, Pittston Farm and Seboomook Lake. Anxious to take our ATVs there.
We absolutely are very familiar with all the places you listed! My wife was born in Maine and lived the first 5 years there. She was actually born near Shirley on Pleasant Pond while here parents were on a fishing trip. She came a bit before expected LOL. She lived in Solon and we frequently ride in anywhere from Solon to Jackman on the 201 corridor. We also head up to Greenville frequently both on sleds and ATV's. We know Pittston Farm too as we stayed there on a snowmobile trip two years back. You can't do better than Maine. Over 14k miles of sled trails and over 6k of ATV trails. You will love riding there...
Old 08-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #25

Quote:
We absolutely are very familiar with all the places you listed! My wife was born in Maine and lived the first 5 years there. She was actually born near Shirley on Pleasant Pond while here parents were on a fishing trip. She came a bit before expected LOL. She lived in Solon and we frequently ride in anywhere from Solon to Jackman on the 201 corridor. We also head up to Greenville frequently both on sleds and ATV's. We know Pittston Farm too as we stayed there on a snowmobile trip two years back. You can't do better than Maine. Over 14k miles of sled trails and over 6k of ATV trails. You will love riding there...
Tis a very small world! I was born in Greenville, lived at Pittston Farm for a short time, then moved to Shirley.
We spent our summers at Pittston Farm to spend time with our Dad who worked for the GNP Co. so we were a small part of the pulpwood drives on Seboomook Lake.
We spent a few weeks there in 2014 and are anxious to return.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
That's too funny. Boy, you couldn't have ended up further away eh? We have a million photos but here are a few of the same area...

Old 08-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
We have two trips this fall for ATVing. One to The Evergreens Campground in Solon and one to Abbot at Balsam Woods Campground. We tend to only go up in the fall. Great foliage, most of the bugs are gone, and nice cool days. Just registered online for this year. At only $69 per ATV, you can't beat the value for the amount of trails Maine offers.

Sorry to the OP for the thread hijack... LOL...
Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #28

My apologies to the OP also - we should start a new thread for Maine vacations.