Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #1

I had posted on this forum previously about the front of my WW FS2300 being damaged by hail during the delivery from California to Texas. After only 3 months the dealer finally got around to getting the necessary parts and I took it in a couple of weeks ago for the repair.
I didn't notice anything was missing until I needed it the following weekend at my hunting lease. I got the Racing Package with my WW and the dealer didn't put my light back on the front cap, just covered the wires up with the new metal facing. Rather than let the dealer have my RV for another couple of weeks, after giving the service manager an ear full I told him to send me my light and I would install it myself. The light arrived UPS last Friday.
Thank goodness I had a picture of the front of the RV and had a good idea where the wires should be. I cut a 1/2" hole in the location where the light used to be and spent about an hour fishing the wires out thru the 1/2" hole with a coat hanger, hung the light, sealed it with thumb gum and it works off the switch.
So who do I send the bill to for my labor?

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #2

I had posted on this forum previously about the front of my WW FS2300 being damaged by hail during the delivery from California to Texas. After only 3 months the dealer finally got around to getting the necessary parts and I took it in a couple of weeks ago for the repair.
I didn't notice anything was missing until I needed it the following weekend at my hunting lease. I got the Racing Package with my WW and the dealer didn't put my light back on the front cap, just covered the wires up with the new metal facing. Rather than let the dealer have my RV for another couple of weeks, after giving the service manager an ear full I told him to send me my light and I would install it myself. The light arrived UPS last Friday.
Thank goodness I had a picture of the front of the RV and had a good idea where the wires should be. I cut a 1/2" hole in the location where the light used to be and spent about an hour fishing the wires out thru the 1/2" hole with a coat hanger, hung the light, sealed it with thumb gum and it works off the switch.
So who do I send the bill to for my labor?

WW FS2300
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
the dealership, if they had put the light in as they were supposed to, would have invoiced WW. They probably have a reduced rate for service work but they would have generated an invoice.
And that light in the front is very handy.
What other stuff came with that Racing Package?
Mine has those lights all 4 sides and we end up using them. There is a few of them on the door side. That one in front is handy too.
Out of curiosity, why didn't the dealer put the light in? That dealer doesn't appear to be trying to win any awards from you for going above and beyond the call of duty.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #4

FatDog,
I have no idea why the dealers service guy didn't put the light back on, he obviously had to cut the wires to remove the dented panel. Both times I have taken the RV in to them for service I have had to clean up their mess. The first time I took it in for them to repair a broken rear bed, loose panel on the kitchen cabinet and poorly installed screen at the front bed, they left a 5 gal. bucket in the middle of the cargo area, loose screws and wood shavings and other trash all over the cargo area. They did a half a$$ job fixing the kitchen cabinet and I had to wait about an hour while one of their service guys glued the kitchen panel. This last trip besides not installing the light they left an empty caulk tube on the roof and loose self tapping screws laying on the tougue just waiting to fall off and give me a flat tire on the way home.
With the race package I got the front light, a light over the rear ramp door two 12v flood lights under the canopy, stabilizer jacks, dimond plate on lower half of front cap, roof rack and ladder.

WW FS2300
Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #5

Hey TB-
Seems like there is a lot of this going around in the TH world. We had problems with a Detector the very day we brought the 5er home. Rod got so tired of hearing the beeping he clipped the wires and called our dealer. They reassured us they would send us out another detector right away (they had known about the problem and thought they had fixed it). Needless to say that has been almost 2 months ago and we still haven't gotten the part! I guess it is time for another reminder call...we would have been better off sending the WW in for them to fix it...it probably would have been back by now. Think of all the time/space/money we are saving all of those dealers out there by doin' the repairs ourselves! . O'well thems the breaks. Happy fixin'.

Deb
Old 09-16-2005, 06:13 AM   #6

its sad but true,
non of these dealers care,and their employes are substanderd.

you just have to do all you own work and suck it up !!

the rv market has always been off in left field.

i could tell you some stories of what i get in my shop to repair that came from the manufacture and or a repair dealer,

its very scary out there.
02 chevy 2500hd 4x4 d/a crew cab sb srw,20k easy rider air ride hitch,air lift bags with compressor for bags and hitch,edge ez juce box and hyperchip,jena my girlfriend a 140 lbs french mastiff and a 175 lbs english mastiff. living in an 02 40' trip
kelstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:51 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
kelstr
what sort of work do you do? or rather, what sort of shop do you have? I recall that you have a long mechanical background.

I think its interesting that it sometimes seems toyhaulers seem to generally be technical or mech types. For a lot of us i think that might be from constantly fixing the messups we have done to our bkes over the many years. Then we got the helo flyers and mechs, automotive engineers, tech lovers, ...

just interested in what influences people.

and Bubba,
what did you end up doing with the invoice?
I probably would have gone over to my dealer and told them they at least owe me a favor or a new part or something.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote