Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Any photos of your setup in the back for the girls? I would be grateful...
Give me a couple of days for some pics. I got it parked right now, and need to put some furniture back in it. So, while its out, I'll shoot some and send them your way.
__________________

__________________
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 112
If you upgrade to a Rzr4, you probably already thought this through,....but just make sure you get the height and length measurements for that Rzr4. That was the 1st thing I did before I bought my Fuzion. With stock suspension, it fit in there with an inch and a half clearance below the double bunks. It was toward the back of the roll cage where it came close because it slopes up, plus it has a hard top on it. Once we get it tied down, then that added more clearance. Lengthwise, it was short enough to get good angles for the tie downs to pull in all directions. With the new long-travel on it, I don't think I'll have the clearance that I had before, since I definitely can tell that it is taller. If so, I'll load it down with gear, and maybe even have to deflate the tires.
__________________

__________________
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
Give me a couple of days for some pics. I got it parked right now, and need to put some furniture back in it. So, while its out, I'll shoot some and send them your way.
Thanks!
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
If you upgrade to a Rzr4, you probably already thought this through,....but just make sure you get the height and length measurements for that Rzr4. That was the 1st thing I did before I bought my Fuzion. With stock suspension, it fit in there with an inch and a half clearance below the double bunks. It was toward the back of the roll cage where it came close because it slopes up, plus it has a hard top on it. Once we get it tied down, then that added more clearance. Lengthwise, it was short enough to get good angles for the tie downs to pull in all directions. With the new long-travel on it, I don't think I'll have the clearance that I had before, since I definitely can tell that it is taller. If so, I'll load it down with gear, and maybe even have to deflate the tires.
Will do...still on the fence with a Bunkhouse DP and trailer as well, just can't convince myself that is the way to go, the new toyhaulers really look great beside my ole Komfort Karry-All...
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
LTZ 470, I'm not sure I understand the basis for your comment that the heavy Toy Haulers need 17.5" tires.
My trailer has 6 Goodyear Marathons load range E - each rated at 3480 pounds when inflated to 80 psig. Total tire capacity is 20,800lbs, against my actual measured weight of 15,830 lbs (includes the Harley in the back, food, pots&pans, beer, 3 cases of wine, clothes, tools etc loaded for 3 months in Florida). I don't know if it is physically possible to load this trailer up to the 19,000 lbs max rating unless you cram a Smart car in the garage.
Note that of the 15,830 lbs noted above 2570 should be deducted since it is pin weight carried by the truck. So in short, my tires are rated for at least 7,000 lbs more than they are carrying.
Thats a good safe margin Bill on even uncrowned flat surfaces...the China made aluminum rims are questionable on most RV's, the standard for Large Hauler RV's should be 17.5" Load Range H (4800 lbs) with Alcoa Rims rated at 6000 lbs...
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
I Just bought a Keystone Fuzion FZ331 last week, I upgraded from a Keystone Laredo 266, I liked the way the Fuzions were built compaired to the Voltage, XLR and Venom toy haulers that we looked at. I like having a north south bed as opposed to the East west that most trailers have.
__________________
2014 Keystone Fuzion FZ331; 2012 Ford f250 FX4 w\Firestone bags; 2011 Honda VT1300CT Interstate.
Jamesvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesvp View Post
I Just bought a Keystone Fuzion FZ331 last week, I upgraded from a Keystone Laredo 266, I liked the way the Fuzions were built compaired to the Voltage, XLR and Venom toy haulers that we looked at. I like having a north south bed as opposed to the East west that most trailers have.
Nice setup with good capacities as well...short enough to get into some tighter camp grounds as well...
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100



__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
BCooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,523
Very nice set up.
__________________
2017 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually, White, Hitch Kit.
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3200 Epic II 5th wheel.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
tpspuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 196
We started out with a 2007 Four Winds 31C Fun Mover. It was a good first step into having a motorized toy hauler. After a few long trips, we decided we enjoyed being able to travel with our Harley's and that the 31C was just a bit tight on sleeping space. We now are very happy with out 37LS Thor Outlaw Class A. We Have taken a trip to Frisco TX to tailgate for a Jimmy Buffett concert and will soon be heading from Colorado to upstate NY with our bikes. We convert the garage area into a master bedroom when the bikes are not in it. A great toy hauler with lots of options.
__________________
EBRT - 2013 Outlaw 37LS
Castle Rock, CO
tpspuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
We started out with a 2007 Four Winds 31C Fun Mover. It was a good first step into having a motorized toy hauler. After a few long trips, we decided we enjoyed being able to travel with our Harley's and that the 31C was just a bit tight on sleeping space. We now are very happy with out 37LS Thor Outlaw Class A. We Have taken a trip to Frisco TX to tailgate for a Jimmy Buffett concert and will soon be heading from Colorado to upstate NY with our bikes. We convert the garage area into a master bedroom when the bikes are not in it. A great toy hauler with lots of options.
Those are really sweet, wonder why they did not make a Diesel Pusher in that model?
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
tpspuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Those are really sweet, wonder why they did not make a Diesel Pusher in that model?
I believe that because of the garage and loading height it can't be a pusher.
__________________
EBRT - 2013 Outlaw 37LS
Castle Rock, CO
tpspuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
I believe that because of the garage and loading height it can't be a pusher.
You are probably spot on with that assumption, it would have caused a loss of space in the garage and also higher loading height...How do you think it would do pulling an 8k trailer behind? or a Toad?
__________________
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
tpspuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
You are probably spot on with that assumption, it would have caused a loss of space in the garage and also higher loading height...How do you think it would do pulling an 8k trailer behind? or a Toad?
I think a toad would be no issue. The hitch is a typical class II 5000 pound setup.
__________________

__________________
EBRT - 2013 Outlaw 37LS
Castle Rock, CO
tpspuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.