Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Any photos of your setup in the back for the girls? I would be grateful...
Give me a couple of days for some pics. I got it parked right now, and need to put some furniture back in it. So, while its out, I'll shoot some and send them your way.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #16

If you upgrade to a Rzr4, you probably already thought this through,....but just make sure you get the height and length measurements for that Rzr4. That was the 1st thing I did before I bought my Fuzion. With stock suspension, it fit in there with an inch and a half clearance below the double bunks. It was toward the back of the roll cage where it came close because it slopes up, plus it has a hard top on it. Once we get it tied down, then that added more clearance. Lengthwise, it was short enough to get good angles for the tie downs to pull in all directions. With the new long-travel on it, I don't think I'll have the clearance that I had before, since I definitely can tell that it is taller. If so, I'll load it down with gear, and maybe even have to deflate the tires.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
Give me a couple of days for some pics. I got it parked right now, and need to put some furniture back in it. So, while its out, I'll shoot some and send them your way.
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
If you upgrade to a Rzr4, you probably already thought this through,....but just make sure you get the height and length measurements for that Rzr4. That was the 1st thing I did before I bought my Fuzion. With stock suspension, it fit in there with an inch and a half clearance below the double bunks. It was toward the back of the roll cage where it came close because it slopes up, plus it has a hard top on it. Once we get it tied down, then that added more clearance. Lengthwise, it was short enough to get good angles for the tie downs to pull in all directions. With the new long-travel on it, I don't think I'll have the clearance that I had before, since I definitely can tell that it is taller. If so, I'll load it down with gear, and maybe even have to deflate the tires.
Will do...still on the fence with a Bunkhouse DP and trailer as well, just can't convince myself that is the way to go, the new toyhaulers really look great beside my ole Komfort Karry-All...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
LTZ 470, I'm not sure I understand the basis for your comment that the heavy Toy Haulers need 17.5" tires.
My trailer has 6 Goodyear Marathons load range E - each rated at 3480 pounds when inflated to 80 psig. Total tire capacity is 20,800lbs, against my actual measured weight of 15,830 lbs (includes the Harley in the back, food, pots&pans, beer, 3 cases of wine, clothes, tools etc loaded for 3 months in Florida). I don't know if it is physically possible to load this trailer up to the 19,000 lbs max rating unless you cram a Smart car in the garage.
Note that of the 15,830 lbs noted above 2570 should be deducted since it is pin weight carried by the truck. So in short, my tires are rated for at least 7,000 lbs more than they are carrying.
Thats a good safe margin Bill on even uncrowned flat surfaces...the China made aluminum rims are questionable on most RV's, the standard for Large Hauler RV's should be 17.5" Load Range H (4800 lbs) with Alcoa Rims rated at 6000 lbs...
Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #20

I Just bought a Keystone Fuzion FZ331 last week, I upgraded from a Keystone Laredo 266, I liked the way the Fuzions were built compaired to the Voltage, XLR and Venom toy haulers that we looked at. I like having a north south bed as opposed to the East west that most trailers have.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesvp View Post
I Just bought a Keystone Fuzion FZ331 last week, I upgraded from a Keystone Laredo 266, I liked the way the Fuzions were built compaired to the Voltage, XLR and Venom toy haulers that we looked at. I like having a north south bed as opposed to the East west that most trailers have.
Nice setup with good capacities as well...short enough to get into some tighter camp grounds as well...
Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #22

Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #23

Very nice set up.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #24

We started out with a 2007 Four Winds 31C Fun Mover. It was a good first step into having a motorized toy hauler. After a few long trips, we decided we enjoyed being able to travel with our Harley's and that the 31C was just a bit tight on sleeping space. We now are very happy with out 37LS Thor Outlaw Class A. We Have taken a trip to Frisco TX to tailgate for a Jimmy Buffett concert and will soon be heading from Colorado to upstate NY with our bikes. We convert the garage area into a master bedroom when the bikes are not in it. A great toy hauler with lots of options.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
We started out with a 2007 Four Winds 31C Fun Mover. It was a good first step into having a motorized toy hauler. After a few long trips, we decided we enjoyed being able to travel with our Harley's and that the 31C was just a bit tight on sleeping space. We now are very happy with out 37LS Thor Outlaw Class A. We Have taken a trip to Frisco TX to tailgate for a Jimmy Buffett concert and will soon be heading from Colorado to upstate NY with our bikes. We convert the garage area into a master bedroom when the bikes are not in it. A great toy hauler with lots of options.
Those are really sweet, wonder why they did not make a Diesel Pusher in that model?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Those are really sweet, wonder why they did not make a Diesel Pusher in that model?
I believe that because of the garage and loading height it can't be a pusher.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
I believe that because of the garage and loading height it can't be a pusher.
You are probably spot on with that assumption, it would have caused a loss of space in the garage and also higher loading height...How do you think it would do pulling an 8k trailer behind? or a Toad?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #28

Quote:
You are probably spot on with that assumption, it would have caused a loss of space in the garage and also higher loading height...How do you think it would do pulling an 8k trailer behind? or a Toad?
I think a toad would be no issue. The hitch is a typical class II 5000 pound setup.