Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I like that setup. That's what I call making it work, lol.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
I like that setup. That's what I call making it work, lol.
Thanks Bigg, it is work to RV, most folks only see the relaxing part of RV (when you are setup), have no idea how much work it actually is to RV especially with a toyhauler...I have hauled two Quads stood up and a Polaris RZR in my 10ft box cross country at least 3-4 times...the folding tire rack really helps and the removable folding beds/dinette/couch helps as well...it is nice to get somewhere and setup the dinette and couch in the toy box and a backporch with steps are nice too...kinda like a man cave...

Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #31

Why?

Keystone Fuzion 383 (40') Chosen mainly due to floor plan. Garage converts into open living room when unloaded (ent. center, 2 recliners, carpet, etc) offering much more living space, BUT, there are only two of us so need for extra kids bedroom. We love it for full timing and hauling my Yamaha RSV dresser, but if you have kids, probably not for you. Some folks have had trouble with Keystone products, but our Fuzion has been a gem. Always some little stuff we've had to keep up with, but less than a stick house. Only main recommendation I can tell you to make is whatever you buy, get the crap TS tires off of it and put LT's on it. Light Truck tires are more $ per hoop than Trailer Service tires, but cost in the long run will be less, as will the grief. TS tires, no matter what the mfg tells you, were never designed to haul boo-coo weight down hot highways at 60+ mph. They will fail on you no matter what brand...not a matter of if, just when and more importantly....where. Save yourself some pain and change out the TS's for good quality LT's. Sell the high rubber TS's you take off to a used tire dealer for whatever they will bring and go buy dinner with that $$.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
I bought my Cyclone 4100 because it has a residential King Size Bed and my Mule fit in the 12' garage. Several brands I looked at with 12' garages had height issue that would not allow the Mule to fit, mostly due to the bunks or the loft at the front of the garage.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFPD View Post
Keystone Fuzion 383 (40') Chosen mainly due to floor plan. Garage converts into open living room when unloaded (ent. center, 2 recliners, carpet, etc) offering much more living space, BUT, there are only two of us so need for extra kids bedroom. We love it for full timing and hauling my Yamaha RSV dresser, but if you have kids, probably not for you. Some folks have had trouble with Keystone products, but our Fuzion has been a gem. Always some little stuff we've had to keep up with, but less than a stick house. Only main recommendation I can tell you to make is whatever you buy, get the crap TS tires off of it and put LT's on it. Light Truck tires are more $ per hoop than Trailer Service tires, but cost in the long run will be less, as will the grief. TS tires, no matter what the mfg tells you, were never designed to haul boo-coo weight down hot highways at 60+ mph. They will fail on you no matter what brand...not a matter of if, just when and more importantly....where. Save yourself some pain and change out the TS's for good quality LT's. Sell the high rubber TS's you take off to a used tire dealer for whatever they will bring and go buy dinner with that $$.
Spot on, on the tires, I changed to 17.5" Load Range H, with 6000# Alcoa RIms and never looked back...the RV Manufacturers should be responsible for all the tires that I see blown on travel trailers and 5th wheels...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I bought my Cyclone 4100 because it has a residential King Size Bed and my Mule fit in the 12' garage. Several brands I looked at with 12' garages had height issue that would not allow the Mule to fit, mostly due to the bunks or the loft at the front of the garage.
Thats a good point Scotty, the height in the gargae is very important for clearing roll bars. Some folks let the air out of their tires just to squeeze units in...not too handy, but I guess it would help the UTV stay in place better...
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Thats a good point Scotty, the height in the gargae is very important for clearing roll bars. Some folks let the air out of their tires just to squeeze units in...not too handy, but I guess it would help the UTV stay in place better...
Funny thing. I hauled my Mule to the dealer to load it before closing the deal. I was concerned about the geometry of the height, when driving up the ramp and I didn't want any surprises later. It turned out fine with a few inches to spare. However, my mule is 10' 10" in length. After loadin it and closing the 3 season doors, I have about 1" of clearance in front and 1" in back, in my 12' garage. The patio railing, 3 season enclosure, and sliding glass door in front all reduce the 12' garage to about 11' 0" clear space. Don't take anything for granted.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Funny thing. I hauled my Mule to the dealer to load it before closing the deal. I was concerned about the geometry of the height, when driving up the ramp and I didn't want any surprises later. It turned out fine with a few inches to spare. However, my mule is 10' 10" in length. After loadin it and closing the 3 season doors, I have about 1" of clearance in front and 1" in back, in my 12' garage. The patio railing, 3 season enclosure, and sliding glass door in front all reduce the 12' garage to about 11' 0" clear space. Don't take anything for granted.
Lol..ain't that the truth Scotty!...my RZR is the same in my 9'6" garage and I get to full size sport quads in there as well stood up...you can't slide a sheet of paper in between them! But been cross country several times...tires run hotter due to extra load, but the Load Rnage H Tires hold up really well...
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #37

KZ Sportsman 26P (for sale)

We liked the low height of this toyhauler, and the separate garage! No Dining room, but can put table in front of the couch, we have used the garage, once the toys are all out, as a sleeping area for our son & 3 of his friends, and also as a dining room (we have a full screen & storm flap zip-in enclosure, it makes the garage into living space. the kids love going in & out without walking through the trailer, & wife prefers it too!. Originally thought we would put 2 snowmobiles in the back, but never did- the wheelwells would prevent pulling in nose first, and backing sleds up a smooth ramp would have been too difficult. we have carried quads, kayaks, go carts, and more in the back, but have now gotten a separate trailer for the sleds, and are going to sell this, and get an RV we can tow a cargo trailer behind... This is a great trailer if you need a toyhauler! see post on CL or iRV2 http://utica.craigslist.org/rvs/3965781491.html

CNY HPYcampr is offline   Reply With Quote