Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #1

Why did you choose the Toyhauler you own?

What aspects of design, options, structural reasons did you choose for the particular toyhauler you own now?
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #2

I chose a Keystone Fuzion 399. I liked it because it came with a 14' garage, which gave it that extra room to properly fit and tie down a Kawasaki Teryx4. Aesthetically, it was better than our Skyline Rampage 385 that we owned for seven years. DW liked it for some of the options also, compared to our previous toyhauler,...especially the setup in the back for our girls. If I could, I would've kept our previous toyhauler.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-limo View Post
I chose a Keystone Fuzion 399. I liked it because it came with a 14' garage, which gave it that extra room to properly fit and tie down a Kawasaki Teryx4. Aesthetically, it was better than our Skyline Rampage 385 that we owned for seven years. DW liked it for some of the options also, compared to our previous toyhauler,...especially the setup in the back for our girls. If I could, I would've kept our previous toyhauler.
Any photos of your setup in the back for the girls? I would be grateful...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #4

Eclipse attitude name says it all really nice good quality the price a little high but worth it for less problems 2009 eclipse attitude

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_141318.png
Views:	285
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	42058
pappapump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We chose the KZ Stoneridge Sportster 41 CKS: TV in the living area is across from the main seating so you don't have to sit sideways or turn your head; garage area is separated by a 5 foot sliding glass door that seems to open up the living area; MBR has a window over the headboard for good ventilation while sleeping; garage area comes ready for washer (we installed a Splendide); interior colors are lighter than most we saw so it doesn't seem so dark inside; visited the factory and was satisfied with construction materials and workmanship. Spent 3 months snowbirding in Florida and we're still happy with the unit.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
What aspects of design, options, structural reasons did you choose for the particular toyhauler you own now?
Garage layout: Many have the same.
Bedroom layout: wanted to Walk on both sides of bed without tip toeing.
seating: 4 reciliners! not the U we had (Forest River Wildwood Sport 32SRV).
Deck: many have.
Bunk: None! woo hoo, we did not need, got cabinets instead.
Hydraulic landing gear.
Only 2 slides.
Only 36'

Been to Hershey 3 years running and 2 years in a row that was the one we liked.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Jayco Seismic 3914

We wanted the garage for additional living space. The bedroom is spacious and the bathroom has more room than our previous 5'er

Never owned a jayco before but after only 2 uses found the quality of materials to be great. Our previous 5'er was a Forest River (coachman) Brookstone and the Seismic makes the Brookstone seem like a cheap toy. (Just my opinion....not meant to flame anyone).

Garage made a great party area for friends at the campgrounds. We had plenty of rain in the first week of July and it was great to be able to open the back tail gate in the "porch" mode, open up the recliners inside the garage, and view the great outdoors without sitting in mud or wet grass.

I hope to one day have a Harley loaded in the back.

Not one bit sorry on this one.

Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #8

[QUOTE=Bigg-limo;1636817]I chose a Keystone Fuzion 399. I liked it because it came with a 14' garage, which gave it that extra room to properly fit and tie down a Kawasaki Teryx4./QUOTE]
Thats a great reason to upgrade...and one that has crossed my mind plenty I would like to upgrade my RZR to a 4-Seater..
Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappapump13 View Post
Eclipse attitude name says it all really nice good quality the price a little high but worth it for less problems 2009 eclipse attitude
Nice setup I see those at the sand dunes a lot...
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
We chose the KZ Stoneridge Sportster 41 CKS: TV in the living area is across from the main seating so you don't have to sit sideways or turn your head; garage area is separated by a 5 foot sliding glass door that seems to open up the living area; MBR has a window over the headboard for good ventilation while sleeping; garage area comes ready for washer (we installed a Splendide); interior colors are lighter than most we saw so it doesn't seem so dark inside; visited the factory and was satisfied with construction materials and workmanship. Spent 3 months snowbirding in Florida and we're still happy with the unit.
These are nice units, although my brother in law return his to the factory, they treated him well...I really like the KZ, the Stoneridge looks awesome, I see the up the Fresh Water capacity as well...short 10ft garage like I have though..on these heavy units they should come with 17.5" tires standard...
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Garage layout: Many have the same.
Bedroom layout: wanted to Walk on both sides of bed without tip toeing.
seating: 4 reciliners! not the U we had (Forest River Wildwood Sport 32SRV).
Deck: many have.
Bunk: None! woo hoo, we did not need, got cabinets instead.
Hydraulic landing gear.
Only 2 slides.
Only 36'

Been to Hershey 3 years running and 2 years in a row that was the one we liked.

Hydraulic Landing Gear, 36', prime candidate to pull a Toad behind, Dutchman seems to be decent quality for sure!Really nice setup with stand alone bath...like the master bed layout as when you have windows on both sides it's noisy at the sand dunes or sleeping beside the highway..these things look great with their paint jobs...
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
We wanted the garage for additional living space. The bedroom is spacious and the bathroom has more room than our previous 5'er

Never owned a jayco before but after only 2 uses found the quality of materials to be great. Our previous 5'er was a Forest River (coachman) Brookstone and the Seismic makes the Brookstone seem like a cheap toy. (Just my opinion....not meant to flame anyone).

Garage made a great party area for friends at the campgrounds. We had plenty of rain in the first week of July and it was great to be able to open the back tail gate in the "porch" mode, open up the recliners inside the garage, and view the great outdoors without sitting in mud or wet grass.

I hope to one day have a Harley loaded in the back.

Not one bit sorry on this one.

Ken
Sweet setup Ken, the capacities are over the top, Jayco did an exclt job on that for sure, you could dry camp for days...yes love the backporch mode, that really is a plus for us as well...I have scissor steps on mine for a back entry..
Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
LTZ 470, I'm not sure I understand the basis for your comment that the heavy Toy Haulers need 17.5" tires.
My trailer has 6 Goodyear Marathons load range E - each rated at 3480 pounds when inflated to 80 psig. Total tire capacity is 20,800lbs, against my actual measured weight of 15,830 lbs (includes the Harley in the back, food, pots&pans, beer, 3 cases of wine, clothes, tools etc loaded for 3 months in Florida). I don't know if it is physically possible to load this trailer up to the 19,000 lbs max rating unless you cram a Smart car in the garage.
Note that of the 15,830 lbs noted above 2570 should be deducted since it is pin weight carried by the truck. So in short, my tires are rated for at least 7,000 lbs more than they are carrying.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #14

My old roommate's stepdad went to trade in his A class DP and his Salem toyhauler he towed with the A class to downsize to a dually and a 5ver toyhauler. The salesperson made a fair offer for his A class, but insulted him with a really low offer on the Salem toyhauler. So, he told the salesperson he would sell it to someone he knew for that price, knowing the salesperson wouldn't believe it because it was so low of an offer. Well, he offered it to another person, who failed to buy it after 6 months. I had looked in when he showed it and commented "Nice". He called me and I jumped on it. 1/4 to 1/3 of book value. He had kept it inside for the better part of the first 4 years! Almost immaculate! Bunch of upgrades all over it. The deal found me, I wasn't looking. Just had to upgrade from a paid for 1500 Z71 to a 'New-to-me' 06 Dodge quad 4x4 to pull it safer.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote