Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #1

Moski brought out the photo albums from years past, and although there's a poop-load of memories (some I'd like to take a Sobe-Torch to), and I've got all my best-ist of friends that I rely on day-to-day for the fondest of memories, AND not to get sticky or anything, why do I feel like our group here is a BAR-NONE, no holes-barred, "gotta-know-you-so-we can-have-some fun-in-the-future" group? I've only met a handful of ya, and like Sandy_Feet was @ Dove, "Aww...give me a hug-we're old friends!", why is it I feel this way? I mean, a whole bunch of internet people- most of who I've never met, but we have a great time, and unless some of us only know how to communicate on a keyboard, what is the spell?

I'm having a blast, and only hope you 'guys' and 'gals' are having the same....

God Bless You iRV2 TH'ers!!!! (Even Senoir Tomas!!!)
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #2

Moski brought out the photo albums from years past, and although there's a poop-load of memories (some I'd like to take a Sobe-Torch to), and I've got all my best-ist of friends that I rely on day-to-day for the fondest of memories, AND not to get sticky or anything, why do I feel like our group here is a BAR-NONE, no holes-barred, "gotta-know-you-so-we can-have-some fun-in-the-future" group? I've only met a handful of ya, and like Sandy_Feet was @ Dove, "Aww...give me a hug-we're old friends!", why is it I feel this way? I mean, a whole bunch of internet people- most of who I've never met, but we have a great time, and unless some of us only know how to communicate on a keyboard, what is the spell?

I'm having a blast, and only hope you 'guys' and 'gals' are having the same....

God Bless You iRV2 TH'ers!!!! (Even Senoir Tomas!!!)
Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Aw, you dog. Its the same way I feel. Like its talking with a group of my best buds. You guys can't get any better. We don't care if you're spaced or whatever, we love you!

Don't make me get all crazy now. Lets get it on.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #4

I feel the same Sean......Gawd, we just have to get together and yack. This is a great bunch-o-guys-n-gals here. Were going to the 2nd annual Dove Springs Rally this year.....Hope to meet you all there.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
And if not, Moab! Love ya man! I think we are all family here.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:39 AM   #6

I joined this forum in April after stumbling on to it while trying to figure out what a good TH and price was. I have a few forums I go to for info about my truck and the Quads. I also visit the other RV forum. Hardly ever post on those forums unless I know for a fact that I can help someone out in a bind. This forum welcomed me with a friendly glad to meet you sprit. We all throw an idea or topic out there and we seem to really make the best community decision on the best recourse to use...IE best buy for the buck, best materials to use, where we buy things, the smartest procedures to use etc. What amazes me is we all do this in a fun loving respect for one another that enables any of us to be the brunt of a good ribbing from time to time that is meant with admiration not spite. I can't say that about other forums out there. Seems to be people just lurking ready to pounce. That does not happen here. This aura we have just makes us special and triggers friendships. We want to meet one another for that reason. I can only hope when I go back to Iraq I can still log on and see how that Moab plan unfolded, because if I can't......I'm going to be missing all my friends!!!!!

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Don, I was about to respond to Seans post but you have expressed my feelings entirely. I don't know what I could add to your writing.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why Is It That I Feel Like You're Family So Much?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it because they show up at your house uninvited, eat your food, drink your beer, kick you dog, trash the house and ask to borrow money?????

twinbubba

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it because they show up at your house uninvited, eat your food, drink your beer, kick you dog, trash the house and ask to borrow money?????
twinbubba </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i thought i had apologized to all you guys about that day

Bubba, you recovered yet from the mosquitos eatin' you alive ??
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #10

Now...Twin!!

You just hit the nail on the head!!! LMAO!!!

Griz: Now Twin just gave away the secret...if I chould've known where you live last weekend, I wudda dropped by and headed straight to the refer first thing (hey...I really wudda've asked you if you wanted a beer!).

Aw...too funny!!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #11

If you've ever used Tabasco sauce as a mesquito repellant, you might be a redneck.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
If you've ever used Tabasco sauce as a mesquito repellant, you might be a redneck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...that's funny!

Here's another one...

"If you warsh your dinner at the spray car warsh before you EAT it....you might be a redneck!"

Hey Twin...I didn't have anything to do with the "Only in Texas" branding in the pic!

But I gotts to share another good one that I saw on another froum's user sig:

"Please don't tell my cattle I've got leather seats!"

I just about bust a gut with that one!!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #13

Who here has hesitated when trying to explain to someone else that:
"they must be Ok, I met them on the Internet."
"Oh no, I've never met them before, but we're like old friends."
"Yeah, we're meeting up in the middle of the nowhere to go camping."
"No, cellphones probably won't work there."

If any of your kids told you any of this, they be locked up.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who here has hesitated when trying to explain to someone else that "they must be Ok...er, I met them on the Internet..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Diirk
a lot of us had a big laugh about that a couple months ago when a handful of us met for a weekend camp.
A lot of the guys come runnin' up all with hands held out ready to shake, and a few of the wives, probably of few of EVERYONE, was wondering the same thing ...
.. " sure hope i make it back alive..."

Two days later, we're best friends, we are all going to be in each others family Xmas cards this Christmas, we're godparents to each others next kids, we're all going over to Sean's house and drinking all his beer every Saturday, and in a couple months we're going to roust Tom and Bubba in OK and TX. Youse guys better start stocking up now !!!
Or were we going to Wes's house first ???
Actually, we're going to diirk's place!!. Sweet Mother of Mary ...get ready good buddy
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote