Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Scorpion 3480

Anyone bought the Winnebago Scorpion 3480 this year? Wondering about any issues you might be having with the fresh water holding tank.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #2

We are considering a Winnebago Spyder, just curious what your thoughts are as far as build quality and quality control. They sure look like a well built unit.
I have been searching the web for owner based reviews and would really appreciate any info you would care to share.
Thanks

Old 07-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #3

Winnebago

We have the Scorpion, not the Spyder and are enjoying it immensely. For the most part the quality is excellent but one thing to double check is the fresh water tank. According to the dealer we had a 140 gallon water heater, first weekend out out we ran out of water in 2 days, even though it was coming out of the overflow when we parked. After much investigating, phone calls to both the dealer and Winnebago, turns out we have a 100 gallon tank with a design flaw. The vent was put in the side of the tank, not the top. Consequently, 80 gallons max and we're coming out the vent. This is not a flaw in only this tank but all tanks for this model, year. Double check that. Make sure all your awnings work before you leave the dealer. Other than that we love love love the 5th wheel toy hauler. Quality is so far very high in all aspects other than these.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #4

Thanks

We will be checking out a few different Spyder 28SC's here in California, the dealers with stock are either 3.5 hours north or south. Want to make sure things are dialed in when I drive home with one.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #5

Did you buy the Spyder 28SC
Old 10-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #6

No not yet, may go down to the Pomona show this week and take a look around. How do you like yours so far?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #7

I have a spyder 28-sc and absolutely, positively love this TH. Ive had it for about 2 months and been out in it about 6 times already. I had a jayco sl octane 222 before. Everything about this Winnie is better but its also a pretty penny more too. I had my jayco for about 10 months and saw this one day at a dealer on my way to the track. on the way back the next day I stopped in,,,big mistake,,haha. The following week end I went back and picked it up. They gave me enough to pay my Jayco off so I was happy. Those 3480s are super nice.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #8

Did anyone go get a 3480 ? I'd like just to hear about what you think of it good or bad. I kinda wish I would of waited a couple of months and got the 3480 instead of my 28sc. Thanks
Old 12-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #9

I just put a deposit down on a scorpion 4014 I'll let you know everything I think about it when I pick it up dec 17 I'm waiting on my new 2017 f350 srw to pull it. Also have to put 1000 miles first break in time
Old 12-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #10

we bought the Winnebago 3480 this past spring and for the most part we absolutely love it. There was a huge issue with the water tank that we fought both the dealer where we purchased it and Winnebago for 3-4 months before anyone would admit there was an issue. the tank was plumbed wrong and had a design flaw, overflow was on the side causing the tank to lose most of it's water before you got where you were going. so instead of 100 gallons of water you might have 30. Other than that and a few smaller things that you get with any trailer, we couldn't be happier with the 3480
Old 12-05-2016, 11:31 PM   #11

I wonder if that's something I need to have looked at before taking delivery at the dealer of my scorpion 4014?

Tags
winnebago