Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:55 AM   #1

I picked up my WW Monday, spent Tues. & Wed. evenings loading it up, the Barker 3500 tongue jack I ordered over the WEB arrived Thur. and I got it mounted (it sure makes it a breeze hooking up the Reese Dual Cam) and just before we headed out noon Fri. my trailer license plate arrived in the mail and I got it mounted.

I had it loaded to the max.(the max. I will ever put in it), ATV, 100 gal. water, 20 gal. gas, ice chests etc. The Titan pulled it fine, the Reese performed well, no sway at all with 18-wheelers passing me at 65MPH.

As my luck would have it we had record highs (99 deg. Sat. & Sun) so the genset and the AC got a good test and both performed flawlessly.
The wife and I love the trailer with the exception of two minor things. We don't like the tables, as soon as we can find a good light freestanding folding table, the Warrior tables will be put into storage. The only other problem was when I went to put gas in my ATV and I was almost rubbing paint with the ATV and TH and could still barely get the gas spout into the ATV tank. I only have 3' of hose outside the storage compartment. I have already called the dealer and he is going to get Warrior to send me a longer gas hose.

We had a great time. Another couple joined us Sat. morning. We took and good ride around my lease late Sat. evening, got cleaned up and went to dinner at the Wildcatter Steakhouse. On another thread I explained that it was our anniversary and I had planned a surprise dinner for the wife. Man was it a surprise, they took us to our table in the back of the restaurant where the whole back wall was glass and we had a beautiful view of the hills and valley below. My friend Ruzek said the view reminded him of an area in the California wine country where he is from. When we got to the table and my wife saw the roses, she burst into tears. The dinner was great and when we got back to the lease we opened a bottle of Champaign and toasted our 21 years of marriage with good friends.

So all-in-all I would say the maiden voyage was a great success.

I will post some pictures this evening if I can get my home computer working again.

Happy and safe traveling Y'all.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2005, 04:55 AM   #2

I picked up my WW Monday, spent Tues. & Wed. evenings loading it up, the Barker 3500 tongue jack I ordered over the WEB arrived Thur. and I got it mounted (it sure makes it a breeze hooking up the Reese Dual Cam) and just before we headed out noon Fri. my trailer license plate arrived in the mail and I got it mounted.

I had it loaded to the max.(the max. I will ever put in it), ATV, 100 gal. water, 20 gal. gas, ice chests etc. The Titan pulled it fine, the Reese performed well, no sway at all with 18-wheelers passing me at 65MPH.

As my luck would have it we had record highs (99 deg. Sat. & Sun) so the genset and the AC got a good test and both performed flawlessly.
The wife and I love the trailer with the exception of two minor things. We don't like the tables, as soon as we can find a good light freestanding folding table, the Warrior tables will be put into storage. The only other problem was when I went to put gas in my ATV and I was almost rubbing paint with the ATV and TH and could still barely get the gas spout into the ATV tank. I only have 3' of hose outside the storage compartment. I have already called the dealer and he is going to get Warrior to send me a longer gas hose.

We had a great time. Another couple joined us Sat. morning. We took and good ride around my lease late Sat. evening, got cleaned up and went to dinner at the Wildcatter Steakhouse. On another thread I explained that it was our anniversary and I had planned a surprise dinner for the wife. Man was it a surprise, they took us to our table in the back of the restaurant where the whole back wall was glass and we had a beautiful view of the hills and valley below. My friend Ruzek said the view reminded him of an area in the California wine country where he is from. When we got to the table and my wife saw the roses, she burst into tears. The dinner was great and when we got back to the lease we opened a bottle of Champaign and toasted our 21 years of marriage with good friends.

So all-in-all I would say the maiden voyage was a great success.

I will post some pictures this evening if I can get my home computer working again.

Happy and safe traveling Y'all.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:00 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like a great trip! ... Cool!

We use only one of the tables in backwards and it works better for us. Though we didn't like them either even prior to purchase. Was supposed to get a nice heavy free-standing one but they pulled out of that promise! Figured it wasn't worth fighting for as it wasn't on paper and also they let that 1st salesman go.

Now, I can't seem to find a heavy free standing table!!! So, please do tell if you find a good one! I might have to make one, though I'd rather buy it! The one we liked was on/in/for a Zeppelin but so far no luck finding even similar. All found so far are light and unstable.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:18 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
bubba,
Very cool report.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...When we got to the table and my wife saw the roses, she burst into tears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I almost did too reading it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... I only have 3' of hose outside the storage compartment. I have already called the dealer and he is going to get Warrior to send me a longer gas hose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
jese, YOU THINK??? seems like the guy in charge of cutting chunks off the roll of gas lines got a little quick on your trailer. It wouldn't have killed them to have given you 6' or so in the first place.

Glad to hear your truck did good. You had a good load in your trailer.
And try and post pics of your trailer out there, the hunt, AND of that Barker tongue jack. I'd like to see how that jack worked out.

Welcome back to a work week
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #5

Twin:

Good deal...roses at dinner!! What a way to break it in!

I'd be a little po'd at a 3 foot hose also- like Fatdog said, sounds like the guy lost his place on the tape measure!

Glad to see the trip was a success- sound slike you did it right!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twinbubba:
We don't like the tables, as soon as we can find a good light freestanding folding table, the Warrior tables will be put into storage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

twinbubba....... I like the rose part of the story. Sound like you had a great time.

The table you might be looking for are at Costco.
We know several people who have done the same thing as you're planning.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #7

it really seems like that rose part of the story certainly passed muster here at the ol' review board. Have your wife post her side of the story too

but now i'm starting to wonder about this table thing. Am i just too complacent with life? I never realy thought it was bad how those two apposing tables work. Those funky table legs sometimes roll around the trailer as i used to drive around if i didn't stow them correctly, but i kinda liked the way you could reverse them and make a card table or just keep them as two seperate eating tables.
I don't have this 'concern' any more as i have the peewee table that comes with the captains swivels and just one 'funky' table with the slide. Whats the big beef with the 'funky' tables?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #8

Seems like you might be able to modify those tables by installing a slide on it and then shortening the leg so it's not to tall. That way you could sit down between the table and seat easily and then pull it closer towards you to keep the food out of your lap. Just a thought.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #9

Max:

Ohhh...good idea! The biggest prob with those things is that they're either too far or too close depending on the 'use'. I suppose you'd want some bulletproof way to 'set' the distance, otherwise it could get 'away' from you!

Dawggonit...just another reason to hang out here, right?

Sean
Old 05-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #10

Sounds like project time. Shouldn't be to hard to set the position using a spring loaded pull pin or a simple thumb screw. Maybe you could even integrate a fold down table wing too so you can have more space when required.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #11

Max:

Well...certainly sounds like it...we've got our resident in-gen-neer here on iRV2- 56Nomad, and he obviously doesn't have enough to do, so I nominate 56 to tackle this problem for us!

Fire up that camera 56!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Congrats on the trip and anniversary, nothing like a good plan coming together. I thought those tables were cute until my wife looked at them and said she didn't like them. After she pointed out the drawbacks I could see what she meant. They kind of limit what you can do with them because of the shape. We had extra mounting holes put in the front so we could use two tables back to back even though we have the cocktail table, just pull it up and put the other in and use the rockers on that side. Well, I still think they look cute anyway.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #13

when i look at the picture of the 'funky' table in TyCreek's photo, well i mean it just kinda makes sense to me. Its adhered to the ground solid so my 105 pound pooch don't knock it over (or me at various conditions of the evening), it has a reasonably useful shape

no doubt Clarks's Alfa doesn't have any of these, but for a thin 'do all' table, i'm happy so far

maybe when Doctor Howie is done with his new prototype with a swivel lamp attached to its top I'll change my mind, but for now ...
and speaking of TyCreek's table, ....
.. i see we're sporting the Breakfast of Champions.
We got the Oreos, the Coors Light, the menthol cigs, and a sprite. And a sleeping hound dog.
If there had been SlimJims on the table too, i would have known it was lunch time instead of breakfast.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Mike, I don't think you've figured out what we are talking about. You know, the shape of the tables. Maybe I'm wrong but......I'm outa'here.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote