Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM   #29

Hey Griz
My dealer tech called me today and wanted the serial number off my gen. After much poking and prodding she told my that she had to replace the fuel pump and WW want the s/n so she could get paid for the new pump. Apparently this was before my PDI. Just thought you would like to know so you can check that first.

Rod

BTW, I could only get about 14 gallons in mine before it started spilling out all over the floor.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #30

Thanks Rod Maybe I should have tested some things alittle sooner than leaving for Pismo Thur Morning....Oh well I can plug in to My brother in laws if Murphy shows up. I've just been so busy moding and packing the dang thing! I have all of tomorrow off and now that I have fuel I'm going to test everything. If I have problems I might can call warrior and run up there if they already know it's a problem part.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #31

Have fun in Pismo, and take lots of pictures.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #32

Hey Guys:

I've read more times than not that Onan has had problems with their fuel pumps on the 5500 series...I've got one, but haven't had any problems lately- now that I've posted this, I'll run mine all morning tomorrow before I take it in in case Murphy lifts a leg behind me..

I sure wish WW would have let me upgrade to the Marquis Platinum genset without charging me a leg and a knut...it's a $700 adder, but they wanted $1700. BTW...it's the fuel injection model, and even though you've got an altitude adjustment on the Gold, it's alot more convienent for high altitude camping. Oh well...

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #33

I'm bummed you and Deb arn't comming. oh well riding season is almost upon us. Will all get together i'm sure.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #34

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
oh great .... potential fuel pump problems

And Sean, that high altitude adjustment is a bit hokey. A LOT hokey compared to an injected version.

Don, you are going to LOVE that Pismo. That place is just plain fun. Have a good one there buddy!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:10 PM   #35

Oh Grizzy Baby:

Yeap...good time to go to Piz too...not too late, and certainly not a holiday weekend...will you guys hoist one for us?

Don't worry about the sand...it's just sand...nothing that some shovel work can't take care of. Oh...and take some 2x6's, and consider them the next peep's firewood- once you get going- DON'T STOP MAN!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #36

Thanks All I gotta go find blocking wood tomorrow

Now someone explain how the heck you get those dang emocons to work!!!!!

06 LE 3505
Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 AM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Gotta chirp in here and give my 2 pennies. I was introduced to Marvel Mystery Oil by my step father as a puppy. Been using it since in gas for mowers,boats and since rv'ing, gensets. It keeps the gas fresh like Stabil and also inhibits rust and corrosion in the tank and fuel system. I add some to the auto tanks a few times a year. It's a red bottle available at Napa,Schucks, WalMart KMart ect. I've never had a diesel, but it purports to be a good additive there too. Check it out.
Griz, Happy Trails!! @ the dunes!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #38

I started having problems with my Fuel station about a year ago. Took the pump to WW and the swapped with me for a new one. I hooked it all back up and NOTA... nothing..
Found a clear Silicon clogging the line. It took some time but I thing I finaly have all the stuff out.
My 5'er is going into Perris on Sept. 14th for some Damage control.. some from me.. some warrenty work and Have them do a good go over on everything.
If anyone else has takin theirs in,, what all did you leave in the rig or did you empty it out completly???
Thanks

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote