Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: OK...I'm gonna try this "poll" thing...let's see how it goes, at the risk of having this post moved
Tan 3 25.00%
Blue 2 16.67%
Tiki 1 8.33%
Billet 5 41.67%
Pink w/ Purple Pokadots & Bead Curtains 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #15

Okay, we have blue right now in our FB2200 but I think I'd go with tan for the LE(*whichever one we decide on*) and dress it up with maybe some rich deep burgundy toss pillows here and there -- and plush up that bedroom a little, too. ( Woo-woo!!!) Anyway, Big Bro Nomad has ordered blue again and I feel a need for change.

However, my BIGGEST dilemma has always been (after a night of imbibing adult beverages around the campfire) trying to find MY rig out of all the WW's parked in our camp. I can't tell you how many times I tried to open Nomad's locked door (why the heck is my rig locked?) before I realized, oh heck, this is the bay window FB2200 ... duh ... NOT MINE! I guess now that you all are moving up to the big-a** fifth wheels, that won't be such a problem anymore. SOB!!

And FatDog, you certainly do sound like a billet-style-cigs-in-your-T-shirt-sleeve-James-Dean kinda guy! Lucky Cordie!

Sandy Feet
What a long, strange trip it's been

Chevy 2500 D/A 4x4 EC/LB
Weekend Warrior FB22
KTM 450 EXC
Honda 400EX
Honda 250EX
And on occasion when the big kids come - Yamaha WR426 and a KTM 525 EXC

SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #16

OK Fatdog, you found me lurkin!!!
Count me in for blue. I get a kick reading your posts Mike, how have you been? Even though I turned on you guys, I have to admit I do miss the toybox every now and then, although kicking back in the Alfa has been really nice.
Mike, were going to South Carlsbad again this Oct 20-23. It would be great to see you or even camp with you and anyone else that wants to. I'm not sure how open the campground is, but check on Reserve America if your interested. It's a great place to camp on the beach.
Sure do see alot of new WW out there on the road. Went to Montana recently to visit the daughter and SIL, many WW on HWY 15.
I won't be taking the Alfa into the sand, wife has already put her foot down on, but we have still been doing the National Park thing and traveling the roads of the US. I can't wait until fulltiming (still 10 years) but we try to go as much as possible.
Were also doing Mammoth in June, 16-20. Hope to play golf one day and ski the next. It would be fun to get a group together sometime with all the new rigs everyones getting and check them all out. Maybe someplace that Tom could join us also (Arizona ish), maybe Palm Springs (Emerald Desert is a nice place).
Hi Sandy!!! Hope thigs are going good for all of you guys.

WWFAN, hope you enjoy your new rig. We used to go to Dumont all the time when the kids were smaller. Still have the quads, just need to figure a new way to get back out there. It's still my favorite place to ride.

Be safe out there folks, keep the rubber down and the pretty side up.

Clark

PS: Even though I've gone to the High End side, I'm still a toyboxer at heart!!!

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:42 AM   #17

SandyFeet:

Yes...those "cocktails" sure can make a trailer hard to find- not to mention that after quite a few of 'em there's ALOT more choices (like one for each eye?). And when they look all the same, wow..the numbers are 'staggering'! But it seems that with this group, you'd be fine no matter which one you pick- just don't go outside the circle- there aren't any guarantees if you do that!

Clark: FatDog's posts keep me goin' also. Like I said before, one of our 'regulars' just got his Alfa last year, and the only way he'll let me in it is if I wear a bib. Got to sleep in it a couple of trips ago, and I counted Catepillar's all night- slept like a baby. And talk about but-scratchers...whew!! How all they've got to do is make an Alfa with a ramp on the end of it- you'd be all set!

Hope everything's going fine for everyone. I'm gonna try to keep pokin' my head in here once in a while after tomorrow- going to Connecticut Sunday for two weeks, and that dialup will be murder! I'm gonna probably opt for a couple of nights of high-speed @ $11.95/night.

Sean
Old 04-22-2005, 08:35 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Yea '56, that was an unexpected Tiki analysis. Very nice
Tiki ! Boy oh boy !!! theres a wild one.
I'm pretty sure you don't mess with anyone who has the Tiki interior
And thanks '56, that was a good story and it even had all the necessary info on the little umbrellas and thatched roofs.
Now THAT though is a darn good idea though, who pitches a little side tent next to their trailer made with bamboo poles and roof thatched with palms? Kindof a cross between the Pismo (beach) native and someone who is a Dumonts (extreme heat) regular. Speaking of, Wait to you see my mobile sauna-( I understand too much desert dwellin' can give your mind too much free time) water pump spraying fine mists of water enclosed with a pony wall with the prerequisite moons cut out of the panels, looks like a half-outhouse with bench seats and a sauna, and no i've never drunk one beer while in it.

Clark !
Nice! And correct, you can never leave the Toy'led life completely behind. And I presume you tow a miniture Alfa behind your big one for the help? Nice to see one of the guys stepin' up
And I will check out your regular spot at the beach for that weekend, I know they book full real soon though. And I like that idea of eyeballing a group together sometime and getting it some place so that Tom could come on out as well. Tom, where's your vacation ideas over the next year taking you??
Clark, you are one of the GoldRushGang. Its fun hearing from you again

And Sean is a stout Rver and aint shy about having a good time, and that is a safe Vegas bet. I'm looking forward to checking out the interiors of everyone's rigs, even IF Martha didn't help, and we have to wear bibs in the fancy ones.
Time for a roust
I think everyone almost has to gravitate these days to getting different low-level hanging lites for their awnings just so everyone can find their own trailer at night. I have red/white/blue lites but obviously the most prized ones are the chille pepper and cowboy boot lites. I know, I know, you guys are going to claim the Tiki light with the hula dancers so I can't get those,. We'll see what active imaginations can cook up.
Sean, you starting a poll on low-intensity trailer lites? And what gives with the Connecticut travels? business?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #19

and Sandy,
something tells me that a Jerry poster graces your interior wall somewhere??
only a guess mind you, one certainly travels with us.
I never have stapled or taped anything to our walls (intentionally) but we have some laminated prints, one a 1940 style 'model' type pic and one of jerr.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #20

Mike:

Gawd!! I just found out I can't type and laugh at the same time- had to take a breather before getting back to the keyboard! Whew...I'll try sommore..."unexpected tiki analysis"...

Speaking of tiki stuff- we actually have a guy that brings his portable bar that has bamboo rails and all the fixin's with it. We just can't run the risk for going' dry. I think going to all those Jimmy Buffett concerts has left him a 'lil dingy (as well as it's left me that way also!- that's another story). That's were you find not only the largest selection of bamboo and palm frons, but portable sandy beaches and lots of rum- I mean LOTS.

Yeah...I'll do the light poll..and CT- yup...biz @ corporate. Two week trip so I don't have to do that blasted trip twice- you know- the "kill two birds with one stone" thing.

Clark...dittos on the "once a TH guy, always a TH guy". I can still see it in your heart. Join in on the yackin' in the GS forum (if you haven' already).

Re: the sauna idea: I've seen people out at the river (Colorado- at Park Moabi) that actually carry as a standard option (just like a couple of cases of beer) a portable gas pump. The one with, like, a 2" hose? Of course, when it's 350 degrees outside, you gotta get real serious about movin' some water!

Oh my...
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #21

Sean,
those parrot heads do have an unusually strong liking for the beach looking setups and the Tiki type drinks. Those guys are in a world of their own, with a good decor. I followed the G.Dead from the years they started playing in GoldenGate Park. the decor of those followers doesn't have as many parrots, but does have more colors . I want to prompt Sandy into spillin' her story on 'the long strange trip its been' signature of hers. Santa Cruz puts her close to dead center of that whole decorating scheme.
We'll have to see who's sporting the avant-garde interior.
well I've always had the tan before, matches my hounds fur , but now i'm ready for billet, so I suppose i'm going to hang some of my pics as well. yea right, right after all my tools are nice and organized too. Who am i foolin', what did i do??? i'm a tan interior man at heart, maybe the billet reminded me of primer grey?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:42 PM   #22

I kinda like the tiki. it goes with my hawaiian shirts

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #23

AAAhhh...yes...Sandy needs to cough up that story...we're startin' to run outta material- gotta get re-juv'd!

Mike- you mention G'Dead and Santa Cruz makes me think of pink big-leafed flowers, Car-ba-Ques, ty-dyed shirt wearin', bell-bottomed, 'Happy-Go-Lucky' people. Hot Dam! Made me add a new option to the Poll, JUST for Sandy!

Everyone...gather 'round- grab your chais lounges, wireless keyboards, popcorn, favorite cocktail- we're gonna have story 2ooooo-nite!

Hey..I just thought (imagine that )- if you're gettin' the billet, then your exterior's Red? That'll help Sandy out BIG time- there's one TH she'll be able to pick out from the others while trying to get back to hers from the campfire!

Just too much fun...
Old 04-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #24

learnem:

Believe me..if you the rig WE saw...a 44ft'r WW CL in Tiki, you'd be tired of Tiki real fast!

Ans as much as I appreciate your opinion, it's just not for us- I can see having to go buy a blender to start making foo-foo drinks, I would stumble alot quicker than I do now, then I'd hafta put some JB on... http://www.twin-music.com/lyrics_fil...uit/fruit.html...

...not to mention everyone else at camp!

STILL havin' too much fun!

Sean
Old 04-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #25

Ooooooooh, have we got stories for YOU! It all started many years ago with a school bus painted sky blue that had a custom handcrafted interior that would put any yacht to shame. Cooking great food for the parking lot campgrounds at GD shows allowed us to travel on a little bit further.

But that's long ago and far away.

Sandy_Feet
What a long, strange trip it's been

Chevy 2500 D/A 4x4 EC/LB
Weekend Warrior FB2200
KTM 450 EXC
Honda 400EX
Honda 250EX
And on occasion when the big kids come - Yamaha WR426 and a KTM 525 EXC
Old 04-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #26

Sandy:

OOOhh...go on girrrrllllfrrrriiiieeendddd!!!!!

Did 'cha vote?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #27

You bet I did!

Sandy Feet
Old 04-22-2005, 09:16 PM   #28

...and that vote has your name ALL OVER IT!!

OK...everyone...just so Sandy knows how to get home at the CG, I'll distribute the Pink & Purple Pokadots at the next outing (don't worry..they'll be 'Stick'ems). And Drinks for EVERYONE!!