Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: OK...I'm gonna try this "poll" thing...let's see how it goes, at the risk of having this post moved
Tan 3 25.00%
Blue 2 16.67%
Tiki 1 8.33%
Billet 5 41.67%
Pink w/ Purple Pokadots & Bead Curtains 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #29

First post here on iRV. I bit the bullet and ordered the billet. I don't like tiki but I like the tan and blue interiors. Tan would have been my color if the oak interiors weren't photo paper.

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #30

high desert:

welcome to iRV2! Let me be the first to welcome you on behalf of all of us. As you can tell, we're havin' some fun (as always), so be sure to stay tuned!

A whole bunch of us are awaiting our new THs, so bear with us. Much to yack about, and you'll only find it here....

The High desert is a big place...and my specific group is dotted all around that area...where 'ya located/where 'ya have fun?

Old 04-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #31

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm waiting on an ordered WW FSC 2800 so I fit right in.
We live in Verdi NV, just outside of Reno.
Our favorite places to ride locally are Sand Mountain and Moon rocks in Hungry Valley.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #32

That's a diff high desert than I'm accustomed to...I thought you would in So Cal, which is where we have a high, medium, and low desert!

You'll need to clue us in on Sand Mountain and Moon Rocks...sounds like a 'skip" and a 'jump' for us.

I gotta apologize for the bleak showing of everyone, and except FatDog, 56Nomad, and some others, we're just sittin' at home waiting a) for our TH to sell, and b) for our new one to arrive! Myself, we just took it out last weekend, and if I gotta wash and wax it to show it again, I'll hafta get someone else to do it!

Just watching the production line at WW...

Stay tuned!
Old 04-22-2005, 10:48 PM   #33

It's all high desert and mountains around here.
Sand Mountain is about 50 miles east of Reno. The dunes are 600 feet high and cover approximately 2 miles. Enviro-wackos have been trying to close Sand Mountain because of a blue butterfly that only lives there. luckily they Haven't succeeded yet, but areas with foliage are now closed except for trails.I was going to add a link but the BLM site is down.
Moon Rocks is just outside of Reno and is a great place for desert trail riding. you can camp at both places.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #34

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
morning folk
I see we have another desert man, very nice
Welcome high desert!
and blue butterflies? we have a milkvetch plant out here that is part of what keeps large parts of Glamis closed for offroad use. I understand the need to preserve the circle of life. and on one hand of what that circle is influencing we might have a couple people hiking in the desert, and on the other and we have hundreds who would like to camp and ride out there.

hey, maybe we should work Sand Mountain into the spots-where-we-are-gonna-go one of these days
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #35

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
and Sean your poll,
and I see billet is holding a tie for front with Tan,
tan I've had before and there is no doubt that is a good color, matches the sand, my dogs fur;
its a good relaxing color
but I really want to sit down and have a cold beer or two with the Tiki folk
I am going to find the best import beer i can get here in Lakeside, thriving metropolis that we are, and a couple fine stogies (smoked outside of course), toss those fine imports into the back region of my fridge, and await the day I meet up with the Tiki
you know for that matter, Tiki is one of those neutral colors that just seems to go with everything:
billet-tiki (the retro punk look)
tie_tied-tiki (i will if you don't Sandy)
blue-tiki
tiki-tiki

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote