Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #1

My wife wants a tv / dvd in the bedroom of the Warrior (LE).Not a lot of room in the cabinet, Nor have i found a tv/ dvd combo that will fit. I have been scrathing my head for a while on this one. Maybe mount a skinny dvd player under the cabinet, and change out the original tv that came with it, (no jacks on it). Anyone else done anything with thiers ?
Thanks
KNUCKLEHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #2

My wife wants a tv / dvd in the bedroom of the Warrior (LE).Not a lot of room in the cabinet, Nor have i found a tv/ dvd combo that will fit. I have been scrathing my head for a while on this one. Maybe mount a skinny dvd player under the cabinet, and change out the original tv that came with it, (no jacks on it). Anyone else done anything with thiers ?
Thanks
Old 06-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #3

I would recomend getting one of those drop down Kitchen type DVD/LCD TVs... may cost a few bucks but what doesn't. Or,, Go with the new DLP ceiling mounted projector.. 4K lumens.. cost about 6K.. aaahhhh, the good life.

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aviator:
I would recomend getting one of those drop down Kitchen type DVD/LCD TVs... may cost a few bucks but what doesn't. Or,, Go with the new DLP ceiling mounted projector.. 4K lumens.. cost about 6K.. aaahhhh, the good life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought about that, then shyed away from the idea thinking the screen would be to small, But now that you said it, I think im going to go that route, great idea.
Thanks.
P.S. Have you changed the pipes on the fat boy yet ?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #5

Found it !!, After looking around for a while, i found a 15" flat panel that fit's like a glove. I will be installing a compact dvd player under the cabinet, out of the way. Sam's club had them philips model 15pf12/28 if yer intrested.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #6

Looks similar to my set-up.

I installed an inverter behind the TV with a hole drilled in the under side of the cabinet large enough to pass through the DVD cables and my finger to turn off the inverter.

I got a 12v powered DVD player. We can watch TV until we are tired WITHOUT running the generator then turn it and the DVD off with the remote and roll over and go to bed!

My LCD is cheap but, it does the job. Don't need a wide range of vision for watching TV in the bed.

Cool think about the set-up is the TV can be viewed from the mirrors above the bed as well!

I had to put some spacers between the DVD and the under side of the cabinet so I could get the DVD's out and so it had ventilation.
DuneMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #7

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KNUCKLEHEAD:
Found it !!, After looking around for a while, i found a 15" flat panel that fit's like a glove. I will be installing a compact dvd player under the cabinet, out of the way. Sam's club had them philips model 15pf12/28 if yer intrested.

Talk about a custom, clean & sanitary install.Nice...very nice Brian. DD
dieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:05 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dieseldude:

Talk about a custom, clean & sanitary install.Nice...very nice Brian. DD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get a room you two
Socal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socal camper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dieseldude:

Talk about a custom, clean & sanitary install.Nice...very nice Brian. DD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get a room you two </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur a wrong forum their Socal....Senior moment or something?
dieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #10

Thanks DD !
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #11

Hey Dogg!

I gotta admit that's about finer than frog's hair right there...are you sure you didn't have to get the sawsall out to custom it? You're poopin' in tall cotton now Jethro!

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Hey Dogg!

I gotta admit that's about finer than frog's hair right there...are you sure you didn't have to get the sawsall out to custom it? You're poopin' in tall cotton now Jethro!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, negative ! Thats why i made the post with the model #. That baby fits awsome
Old 09-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #13

I removed the TV cabinet completely as any TV in it would be too small

Next project is to put a 24" to 26" LCD on the wall. Has anyone done it? Aviator might have the solution........

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
I removed the TV cabinet completely as any TV in it would be too small

Next project is to put a 24" to 26" LCD on the wall. Has anyone done it? Aviator might have the solution........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Howie:

Funny you should ask...(hey, you're back! You owe us Mammoth pics BTW)...when I took my SLC in to the service center, the service writer mentioned they'll rip out the cabinets over the sink and mount a 42" LCD TV for only $2500-$3000!! I thought that was mighty white of 'em! Sure good thing that Brian's about the only one who watches alot of TV in the coach...thought I was gonna have to do it!

BTW...where the heck is Del lately?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote