Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #15
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aviator:
Ok, I just had to do it.

2002 Dodge 2500 quad/4x4 heavy tow pak (1ton).
1 Polaris 400xplorer 4x4
1 Polaris 330 Trail Boss (the queens)
1 Brand Spanking New 2005 Weekend Warrior SLC-3705
1-16yo Teenaged drain
too many dogs
and Her Majesty!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations on your new rig!

Did you ever finish fixin your smashed Polaris.
Man, that was an amazing survivor story when you
crashed head on with your buddy in the middle
of the Mojave river.

We hope to see ya and Miss Vickie at Dove Springs!

2012 Itasca 30' flat towing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, I have to tell you, the cost out there is just too much for my blood although I'd sure enjoy being around you'all and playing in the offroad areas that you enjoy. Here in OK there isn't much to do unless its a planned private type of offroad deal, thats why we enjoy going to Colorado and NM where we can go and play.

Hard to believe that its been that long since I jumped on here, then flew out to Phoenix to look at WW's, remember that year talking about toyhaulers but couldn't find any info on them, now look, They're everywhere! Had the first one out here for a while, everyone couldn't believe it. Still get a kick when I go to the lake and take the Jeep and everyone looks when we unload. Nothing like drawing a crowd!

2016 Silver Ram 3500 CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker DA 349 RSB, 2014 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #17

Man...flew to Phoenix to look at 'em? Where were you when you did that?

And yes...down here between LA and Glamis on I10, there's got to be hundreds I pass on my home on Friday (sometimes even Thursday's and wow- Thanksgiving must be 1000's).

Since you've been looking at them though, I'd think there's quite the difference between 'those' days and now...not that I would equate any of them to an Alfa, but they are pretty plush now. I'd also think most of 'em were just a haul trailer with windows, huh?

You know, I just converted a friend of ours that was deadset on a conventional (he actually bought our first '77 HR 28'). They always seem to come up with the same argument- "I just gotta have the bed of my truck to haul 'stuff'". But when they understand that the 8 feet you would use to haul with, now has a bedroom in that 8 feet, and you still get the 8 feet on the trailer- but now with a built-in ramp! It really isn't rocket science if you have any toys you wanna bring witcha!

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #18
You should have seen the looks I got when I pulled mine around the U.S. back in 1998. They were popular on the west coast, but once I got over the rockies, you would have though I was pulling a space ship. I believe that I saw only one other TH the whole trip back east. Every night I had someone or a crowd of people wanting me to "open that thang up".

It was a trip!!!

2005 Alfa See Ya 313 5er

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club

The first time I pulled to New Mexico we stopped in Tucumcarie for the night and unloaded the Jeep so we could sleep all 6 of us. The next morning we had a group of people sitting there when I went out and asked if they could stay and watch us load, what a hoot! I bet we had 20 people watching me load the jeep in with the winch. Every time I go to a Corvette event they all have to come over and take a tour of the trailer, its still a riot.

2016 Silver Ram 3500 CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker DA 349 RSB, 2014 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote