Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #29

BB: Yes...that was really nice of you!! Thanks much! You didn't have to do that!

Wes: Is the zero-offset gonna work? What was the other? -10 (and what the heck did that mean?!)...

And I think the XPS is the hot ticket...just chalk up the additional cost as Insurance- not only against damage, but all the hassle of GETTING and REPAIRING damage.

Price? and where?

Thanks! Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #30

Sean,

AFAIK WW's come stock with 0 offset rims. It's my understanding, that the peeps that are using the Eagle alloy #0550-7760 -10 offset rims, went with them because they are the only 16's that fit without lifting the coach. I really don't understand what offset is.

My trailer is in getting the lift, so I dropped by with the rims.

After they refitted the axles, I tried one of the rims and they look like they'll be a perfect fit.

I bought them at a small independent tire store I've done business with in the past, Mill Street Tire. I paid $87.00 each for them. I'm sure you could beat that price.

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #31

Wes:

as long as you're getting the lift, I guess that's OK...the offset, which in this case JAB3143 advised a -10 offset, means that the neagative offset will fit closer to the coach to clear the outside fender- I just don't know what the number '10' signifies (10mm? no...couldn't be...that's only roughly 3/8", and it's certainly not 1/10").

I won't do the lift it I can possibly help it, so the clearance will be probably more of an issue for me. I will have to know what tires I want to put on first before I size the rim.

Well good luck!! When are you getting this whole rig-a-ma-roll done? Soon?! I sure hope so for you...you deserve to have this behind you!

Take care!

Sean
Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM   #32

Sean,

The offset -10 in in millimeters, I've seen it on various rim manufacturer websites.

Today the lift has been completed. I was there this afternoon when they finished it. Looks real nice. They cut out the original 2" subframe and welded in a new 4' subframe using all new hangers on the suspension..

I called my dealer to have them pick it up so we could close the deal but he wasn't in again. The service manager said he couldn't do it till Monday. You know, After going through this **** the last couple of months you'd think he could drop everything to get me out the door.

Sooooo..... the coach is sitting at the shop over the weekend.

Wes
Old 07-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #33

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Now THAT's just pouring salt on an open wound. Do you have his cell number? I got my salesguy! If I found that to be the case, I'd start reading him the Riot Act and telling him 'how the cow is going to eat the cabbage'. Geeezz...are they expecting you to come up with some more cash to finish the deal? They might as well try!

I haven't heard anything like this...this is pure, unadultrated, baloney. If they think they're justified because you've called them to the plate (and keep this in mind- they are only an extension of WW acting as a dealer- no more, no less), then I'd just grind the he!! outta them after that stunt.

Geeezz...I don't know why this is irking me more than the CCC thing, but it is...you're right- they should be trying to get this deal done if it took until midnight tonight!

AAAgggggggghhhhh!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #34

Ricken fraken som bastaches.......Arrrrgh.

Thanks to James, I found out the wheels that Mill Street Tire sold me saying they have a weight rating of 3,300 lb., in reality, have a weight rating of only 2,200 lb. Thanks James, you saved my ***.

So, I'm back to square one.

Wes
Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #35

The -10mm offset is required to give the wheel the same backspacing as the factory wheel. That way you don't get weird bearing wear.
You can use these wheels with flipped axle or not.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #36

Lincster,

Are the stock WW wheels -10 offset? I was under the impression that the stock wheels are 0 offset.

I know that backset and offset are two different things.

I called WW and he didn't know. Huh? He did tell me they are 16x7, but that was all the info he had. Hmmmm.

Thanks,

Wes
Old 08-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #37

Warrior's stock 16" wheels have a -10mm offset to give the correct backspacing.
15" wheels have 0 offset but are more narrow than a 16" wheel, hence the reason to get a -10mm offset on a 16" wheel. This way all of your pressures are the same on the bearings for the 16" wheels as a 15" wheel.
My 16" wheels are 16X7.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Ricken fraken som bastaches.......Arrrrgh.

Thanks to James, I found out the wheels that Mill Street Tire sold me saying they have a weight rating of 3,300 lb., in reality, have a weight rating of only 2,200 lb. Thanks James, you saved my ***.

So, I'm back to square one.

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy Wes...we better get on the horn and have that preist come over and do an exorcision to get that pesky demon outta ya...man...if it wasn't for your BAD luck, you wouldn't have ANY luck.

The only thing I can ask you is "Was the salesman's LIPS moving"?

Hey...we'll trodge on here and see if we can't come up with sumpthin else, OK?

Sean
Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lincster:
15" wheels have 0 offset but are more narrow than a 16" wheel, hence the reason to get a -10mm offset on a 16" wheel. This way all of your pressures are the same on the bearings for the 16" wheels as a 15" wheel.
My 16" wheels are 16X7.
Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lincster! Well howdy! Glad to see you around these parts! Welcome (back)!

I will agree with you about the proper spacing of an offset tire, but only to the extent of positioning the tires within the wheel well. I'm in the bearing biz and 3/8" is not going to affect the load upon a tapered roller bearing one iota- there's not enough 'under-hung' load (on a negative offset) there to make any difference. But good try!

Sean
Old 08-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #40

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lincster:
My 16" wheels are 16X7.
Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lincster! Well howdy! Glad to see you around these parts! Welcome (back)!

I will agree with you about the proper spacing of an offset tire, but only to the extent of positioning the tires within the wheel well. I'm in the bearing biz and 3/8" is not going to affect the load upon a tapered roller bearing one iota- there's not enough 'under-hung' load (on a negative offset) there to make any difference. But good try!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Sean, has been a while since I posted here.
I am glad to hear you say that about the bearings. I was relaying info that I had gotten.
I love my 16" wheel setup, makes me feel much more comfortable towing.
Thanks for the input.
Linc
Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #41

I'm going to have to do the same thing here shortly before I try to get the Jeep in her...I've tried to do all the right things in getting this setup, and 16's are the only way to go.

Hey...and I've read ALOT of info you've passed that has been righteous...no problem, and thanks- there's been alot I've relied on, and will continue to do so!

Sean
Old 08-02-2005, 05:55 AM   #42

Why does this have to be so difficult, I'm totally confused.

I called WW and talked to Jason, He has no idea what the offset on the 16" wheels is. And.....it appears, no desire to find out for a customer either. Hmmmmmm.

I just can't understand why the 15" wheels would be 0 offset, and the 16" wheels would be -10 offset. Maybe I'm just dense and I'm missing the obvious.

I found a chrome steel wheel, Greenball WL1676MC, that has a 0 offset and is rated to 3,500 lb.

But if Lincster and a bunch of other peeps are running the 0550-7766 eagle alloy -10 offset wheels, maybe that's what I should go with.

My concern is that they have 225/75 16 tires on theirs, and I will be running 235/85 16 on mine.
I just don't no if the larger tire makes a difference as to fit or not.

Wes