Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have found that having XM radio is NOT conducive to good sleep. In fact, it makes you stay up real late and get much less sleep than you should. Ah....whats a person to do. It's kind of like a drug addiction, is there a group for XM withdrawal???? I can't afford to attend many more meetings!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have found that having XM radio is NOT conducive to good sleep. In fact, it makes you stay up real late and get much less sleep than you should. Ah....whats a person to do. It's kind of like a drug addiction, is there a group for XM withdrawal???? I can't afford to attend many more meetings!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #3

Drink two shots of SIRIUS a day and your addiction will go away. However, do not rid yourself of the XM as you already know it is the best.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:28 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Drink two shots of SIRIUS a day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uggg. What a nasty idea. I'd never be caught walking around with Howard Stern breath. Head over to Willie's Place. They'll be glad to pour you up a cup of coffe and put your favorite song on the juke box.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:20 AM   #5

Well Tommy Boy...you're in luck...there's a XM Anonymous Website for you... xm411.com...and I gotta agree with Charliez...Stern-Breath in the morning is a good reason to gargle with gasoline...
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Well Tommy Boy...you're in luck...there's a XM Anonymous Website for you... xm411.com...and I gotta agree with Charliez...Stern-Breath in the morning is a good reason to gargle with gasoline... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well I'll be, thanks Sean. NOT! Just what I need, more of the same.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #7

Stern just a $83 million dollar bonus from Sirius.... some one out there likes him.
I don't listen to him, but I hated XM, I love my SIRIUS.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #8

Say what you want about Stern,he is the reason for the tremendous growth of Sirius. From what I read it doesnt matter that you keep your XM,sirius is going to own it. BTW I am a huge Stern fan,that is the reason I got it in the first place, Baba booey to you.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #9

$83 million can buy alot of thing, but it can't buy you class or integrity. The day Sirus overtakes XM will be the day I cancel my subscription.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #10

take a shot of "head trips for headphones" on 40.
that and a beer, you'll sleep just fine

acjjkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #11

We got so hooked on XM that we now have 5 radios, 4 in cars and one at home. I wired in the boat so I can take it on the lake, I have a hook up in the Alfa, and a boom box to take it everywhere else. It's funny, I tried talking the wife into XM when it first came out and she said no way, after we got it, she wondered why we didn't get it earlier. I have had it now for 3 years and I never listen to regular radio anymore.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #12

I love my XM too. I'm not going to switch to Sirius even though NASCAR will be moving this season. I only listened to one race on XM anyway.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
"Uggg. What a nasty idea. I'd never be caught walking around with Howard Stern breath. Head over to Willie's Place. They'll be glad to pour you up a cup of coffe and put your favorite song on the juke box."

Well, I took your advice, I've got willie's place on while I listen to the ice coming down. Course, I reserve the right to switch back to channel 5, the 50's on 5, right on. Thats the main reason I signed up for XM. Sirrus has their 50-60's channel but nothing like the 50's on 5.

I've looked through the other channels but I tell you, that's the main reason I'm here.