Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
xzilon coating

I'm purchasing a new camper and the dealer is trying to sell me xzilon coating on my new unit. I normally don't buy extras like this. Anyone heard of this and have an opinon of this? This cost an extra $829. I don't think I'll get this but looking for thoughts. Thanks!
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
It's not a new product and generally not long-lived. I would personally save the money and use to towards future waxing. For that kind of scratch you can pay someone to wax and detail the coach for 3 times or so.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I googled it and have yet to find anyone who recommends it. Everyone says waste of money. When the dealer told me it could be added into my payment I knew then it was something I wouldn't buy. I clean and wax my camper, I'll buy a cover instead of this coating.
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With a name like "xzilon" it just screams out SCAM.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to cdfdonnie
I had a product called Super Poly Steel exterior gloss preserver applied to our Voltage 3200 by the dealer. It came with a 3 year warranty. Then while I was sitting around bored one day I decided I was going to wax everything I could reach with a good Name Brand carnuba wax. A couple of weeks ago we had some very warm weather in the area, and I decided I was going to go out and start cleaning on the RV. To my amazement I found that everywhere I had waxed was black streaked and the areas that I couldn't reach that still had the Super Poly Steel had no black streaks what so ever. The streaks did wash off fairly easy where I had waxed but I ended up ordering a kit from the dealer so I can re apply the coating myself, and I think I will continue to use this product. Don't knock it until you try it.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
These coatings and such are big money makers for the dealer. Save the money and spend it on something useful. When they guarantee the finish for X years, read the warranty carefully. They usually require a recoating every 6 to 12 months by their "agent" to maintain the warranty.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote