Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Ha ha! What your choice? Red or white?

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Ha ha! What your choice? Red or white?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #3

Well look who the cat drug in!! Hey Dave...long time no talk to!! How's thing's going?

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Dude!(thats SoCal talk right?) Great to hear from ya. It's been a long winter but it's been raining for 2 days so I guess spring is here. Never know about the high desert though. Things be good. Been outfitting my new truck. I call it Blue. I went to town the other day and there he was sitting by himself looking lonely. So I took him home. Blue is a new '06 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Quad Cab Longbed with the Cummins 5.9. The color is Atlantic Blue. I'll post a pic as soon as it's approved. Our newest rv is a 1996 HR in very nice condition. Can't wait to take our first trip.
Been lurking around the forum keeping up with things. How are things your way. Best to you and family Sean. Am very happy to see our resident Marine back home.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #5

LOL!! The cartoon is great!!

'05 Fleetwood Mallard 180CK
ThunderRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's Blue. I just had the bed sprayed with an Ultimate Liner,installed stainless nerf rails and installed a Prodigy controller. Sean are'nt you the one who said "Not to worry,it's only money" Be

Old 02-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #7

Dave,

What a beauty!!! Nothing is as fun as a new toy, especially a new truck!!! Enjoy that bad boy. Give my best to the DW...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good there Dave, loved the cartoon too. Boy, its good to hear from you again.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks folks and Donna is doing great. The newest MRI suggests she has whooped that cancer threat. We are always grateful for the support and prayers offered by the folks on this thread. You the best!
This is my first diesel so I got some learnin to do. How many miles would you suggest I drive before I tow our 8k# trailer? The book says 500, I'm thinking 750 to 1000. Also what are opinions on engine oil. Delo is I'm sure the most popular, with Shell maybe 2nd. The local dealer uses Pennzoil unless requested otherwise. My personal choice would be Valvoline 15W40 or Mobil 5W40. I consider folks here to be diesel wizards so what are you're thoughts. Also, do these new engines require any fuel additives such as Marvel Mystery Oil or others?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoverbug:
Thanks folks and Donna is doing great. The newest MRI suggests she has whooped that cancer threat. We are always grateful for the support and prayers offered by the folks on this thread. You the best!
This is my first diesel so I got some learnin to do. How many miles would you suggest I drive before I tow our 8k# trailer? The book says 500, I'm thinking 750 to 1000. Also what are opinions on engine oil. Delo is I'm sure the most popular, with Shell maybe 2nd. The local dealer uses Pennzoil unless requested otherwise. My personal choice would be Valvoline 15W40 or Mobil 5W40. I consider folks here to be diesel wizards so what are you're thoughts. Also, do these new engines require any fuel additives such as Marvel Mystery Oil or others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave- that's great news for you and Donna...glad to hear it!

As far as oil for the new truck...go with what Dodge suggests- they've got their reasons. With the Fords, there's defintely a particular spec they require (the 05's are a CI4+, the new ones are a CJ4 I believe). Additives shouldn't be a requirement at all.

Good luck...nice ride!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
also Dave, I love hearing that Donna is feeling well !!
and a beaut of a truck!, them oil-burners are sure a joy to haul with.
and how is the Klamath area these days? I sure would like to move one of these years, I guess I'm just a chicken. Keep on talking about Klamath though, last time you sent me an email about the town, I logged on to their 'property for sale' part.
again ... great truck and GREAT to hear about Donna
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote