Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #1

You can't always get what you want...

Ohhhh...the agony.
So many RVs...so many features, options, exceptions, limitations, upgrades...
I need a retirement from planning my retirement.
Being unemployed and totally broke, all I can do is sit here and plan...re-plan, evaluate, and re-evaluate....
T-Minus 13 days....
I should be thankful. I am thankful. Just...hate feeling useless.
Anyway...blah blah blah...listen to him ramble...

It's actually been great, having to wait--getting to do mega loads of research. I have avoided a lot of costly mistakes thanks to the people here. Many thanks for that.

It comes down to features. And, of course, they are features that aren't searchable on most web sites.
Gotta Have: 12-foot plus garage (down from 22--thanks Swivel-Wheel!)
Sliding Glass door into garage (I hate fumes, but love the open-ness)
King Bed
Residential Fridge (Or at least enough space to upgrade to one.)
W/D Hookups somewhere

And as it turns out it's REALLY hard to find all these together on the same rig.

I am open to modifying things--like taking a hacksaw to a king mattress to get it to cram into the front bedroom. Or finding a way to plumb W/D hookups into the bedroom closet if needed. But I wanted to do as little of that as possible.

And finding all of the above, in a unit that I can still get to the fridge an the bedroom in--with all the slides IN.....well...pipe dream.

So I have decided to be a little more flexible. Maybe I don't need to get into the fridge....
TwoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

I'm really finding that I have to compromise on my wants because I'm limited on the maximum weight, and total cost.

I had initially ruled out anything by forest river, and here I'm sitting looking at a Wolf Pack 325 Pack 13 because it fits almost all of my needs. Most importantly it has to sleep 6 comfortably. I wanted the W/D hookup, but after looking into it some more, an RV W/D isn't going to support the needs of 6 people.

Was limited by the max towing capacity of my F-250 (15,100) and wasn't willing to trade that in for something bigger. Oh yeah, and cost is always important.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

Sounds like you need a FUZION 385. I just went through all of this the last month. Sold my current Toy Hauler that I had for four years. It was our first one, so we knew what we wanted in the second. The 385 meets all of your requirements.

I really wanted a 385 with the second bathroom and sink in the garage, but it was going to take another 6-8 weeks to get one with the color we wanted (hate onyx).

While we were at the dealer last week, they had just received a 2017 325 in the color that we wanted. Upon re evaluating our real needs, we decided that we can live with just the central bathroom and 11 ft garage. So we put a deposit down on it.

Have fun and good luck.
Billua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #4

Fuzion

Hey all!
Thanks for the tips. I will take a look at that Fuzion 385.
Right now, my top-of-list to look at is a 2009.

2009 Heartland Cyclone 3914, Kalispell MT - - RVtrader.com

The only thing wrong with it, is that I would have to remove one side of the bedroom cabinet to cram a king mattress in there--otherwise it's got exactly what I need. Throw a 1000 watts of solar on the top and she's ready. We will see if it's still available to look at in two weeks.

Picking up all this stuff will be a fun shell game too. Starting on foot...to go into the woods to recover my motorcycle. Take motorcycle to the Truck Dealer--buy truck--put bike on truck. Drive truck with bike to the RV dealer. Then take the whole wad to the Polaris dealer. And these places are all over the country. :-(
Then once I get it home...cram it into the back yard and start moving into it--prepping for my exciting first trip...to Wal-Mart!

<film at 11>
TwoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoDog View Post
Hey all!
Thanks for the tips. I will take a look at that Fuzion 385.
Right now, my top-of-list to look at is a 2009.

2009 Heartland Cyclone 3914, Kalispell MT - - RVtrader.com

The only thing wrong with it, is that I would have to remove one side of the bedroom cabinet to cram a king mattress in there--otherwise it's got exactly what I need. Throw a 1000 watts of solar on the top and she's ready. We will see if it's still available to look at in two weeks.

Picking up all this stuff will be a fun shell game too. Starting on foot...to go into the woods to recover my motorcycle. Take motorcycle to the Truck Dealer--buy truck--put bike on truck. Drive truck with bike to the RV dealer. Then take the whole wad to the Polaris dealer. And these places are all over the country. :-(
Then once I get it home...cram it into the back yard and start moving into it--prepping for my exciting first trip...to Wal-Mart!

<film at 11>

Trailer looks nice!!

The shell game is a beautiful thing man!
Billua is offline   Reply With Quote