Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
1977 Coachman Cadet

We just did a barter for a 1977 coachman cadet. It is really in decent shape, although it does need some work. But i'd say its about 75% in good condition. I could not find any forums for coachman travel trailers So I figure I can start a thread for it Ok back to the camper, It needs some rewiring of the electrical & the hubby is not really confident he can do it. lol does anyone know of a place i can get a diagram for the wiring for this year? Also would it be best to redo the walls and ceiling with paneling or can drywall be used? (former owner started to use dry wall). We are also converting the main bedroom into a triple bedroom for the kids, a bunk on one side and a single on the other, Then we are making a perminate bed were the couch used to be. If anyone has any helpful hints on our remodel please feel free to let me know. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper9.jpg
Views:	1868
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	41201  
mammabearof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #2

Definitely do not use drywall. You want to use paneling that makes the trailer as light as possible. Good luck and have fun!
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thank you :)

I was thinking the dry wall would add unwanted weight to it. Thats why I was tearing down the drywall someone started to put up and replacing it with paneling. Thank you for the advice, if you have any more tips i will gadly except them
mammabearof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #4

Good luck getting electrical drawings, can't even get them for newer units. Agree, no drywall, just too heavy. Remember that you will be driving down the road, an extra screw here and there won't hurt a thing and stay away from using nails. Good luck