Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2018, 06:45 AM   #15

Looks great.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
Looks great.
Thanks. It was a slap together.
I also made a bed cover for the truck.
Covers and Shells were, are out my $ reach right now.
I call them one day wonders (both batteries box and cover). Built painted in one day and then installed next day.

Real bad hip knee and back issues. I can work about 5-10 minutes then haft to sit and wait for the pain levels to come down. I have found I can push through that and hit a point were I kinda just get numb. Then I can get a lot done. But boy is there hell to pay afterwards. I do that a lot.

Ken
Kenp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #17

If you are going with two batteries wired in parallel, You will definitely want to have them both the same brand, size, capacity, and age (buy both at same time). Otherwise, you will have problems with amp hour capacities and battery health.
NomadBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #18

Yep, kinda live and learn ( or more like RElearn).
The smaller battery was on the trailer when we bought. And I have unintentionally gave it rough treatment. Thought I had everything turned off on to find I still had a drain that flattened it a couple of times. Then I just removed it be sure or disconnected one lead.
Then I thought I was good to go only to come our in the morning to find the propane leak detector buzzing. And I had the trailer plugged in. Go connection. 110 sockets working. Blown 30 amp fuses on the converter. Some never to be named don of gun had dropped the battery in backwards and consuquintly hooked the cables backwards.
Fixed that vowing to never ever make that mistake again.
2 days later same alarm going off. A little trouble shooting and double checking and I was able to determine that I had a blown diode in the converter.
I had just installed led lights in the trailer. I unhooked one battery lead and they started flickering at about 60hz to the eye.
Replace the converter with a much better one. Good to go now.
But yeah I do expect the original battery to give up the gohst before it's time

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadBD View Post
If you are going with two batteries wired in parallel, You will definitely want to have them both the same brand, size, capacity, and age (buy both at same time). Otherwise, you will have problems with amp hour capacities and battery health.
Kenp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You will learn another costly lessen when that already compromised battery takes your new one with it. You will be better off removing it and in fact may have longer battery life between charges with one good one than you would having the compromised battery included.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery