Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #1

2006 to 2008 slide question artic fox

ok im stupid i have a class a i inherted a silver fox artic fox where are the stops eo release the slides when you are stoped alao what is your tow vehicle 1200 lp toung weight
thanks dave

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

Arctic Fox Question

I would suggest that you go to Northwoods Manufacturing (maker of Arctic Fox) site, and post this question on the forum. You will get your answer. I have an Arctic Fox and this site has been very helpful to me. Good Luck

Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

Gad, I am not sure what you are asking, stops? Never heard of anything like that on any modern slide outs. Push the button to go out and push it the other way to go in is all I know. I am sure Ron Nash buys his components from Lippert like almost everyone else.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #4

i inherited this with no paper work a decal is right by the button to extend the slides says to remove travel stops before extending slides i have looked under trailer in bottom of drawers above slide ill ask the manufacter
thanks dave
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
i inherited this with no paper work a decal is right by the button to extend the slides says to remove travel stops before extending slides i have looked under trailer in bottom of drawers above slide ill ask the manufacter
thanks dave
I believe they are talking about adjustable bars that would be placed inside the unit between the lip on the slide and the outside wall. This is not an automatic lock. They would have to be put in place after the silde was brougkt in and then removed before extending the slide. I believe that most owners do not use them after delivery from the factory.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #6

from what iv read else where you are right i just cant find them yet thanks
dave
Old 06-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
CD

Have you tried to move the slide? Our Nash has a round bar that we put at the front end (I think it was supposed to go on the top but end is easier). If it is in place when you try to move the slide it will activate the slip clutch (at least in our case) and make a noise. If you don't have one it should move.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #8

yes i tried didnt hold the button appears bottom moves top doesnt i looked all over the top for the bars iv boon told they look like curtain rods not in a hurry would like to clean it i dont have a turck to pull it yet (i do have a class a)
thanks to everyone
Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
CD

There must be 1 or 2 bars (we got 2 but only use 1) in place on either end or top. Reach over the top and down until you feel the top of slide and go across the slide and the same on the ends. The rod we have is about an inch in dia with rubber tips on the ends and the length is about the same as the slide travel. It is a tight fit when properly placed.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #10

thanks i did crawl up there and look ill reach up there and feel around i just got electricity to it been around 100 here
thanks again
dave
Old 06-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
i have a class a i inherted a silver fox artic fox
To my knowledge, Northwood Manufacturing (makers of Arctic Fox, Nash, and Desert Fox) never made a Class A.

Here's the direct link to the Northwood Owner's Group: http://www.afnash.com/forum/
Old 06-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #12

sorry i didnt mean that i ment i have a fleetwoos class a never ovned a pull behind trailer i inhereted this one i did find the owners manual it is a 2008 now it was 130 degrees in trailer turned in fans for a while. looked for the stops again to no avail waitine for responce from manufactor as where they are. owners manual does say to remove but no more like i said im in no hurry my truck wouldnt pull this beast just wanted to clean it up
thanks to all
dave