Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #1

2013 Keystone Springdale Manual Slide

How do you manually retract the slide on a 2013 Keystone Springdale 212RBLSWE trailer?
Thanks,
John

rblswe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You might find some help here:
Owner's Manual

Old 05-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #3

That's the first place I looked but there are no specific instructions for this particular model, only refer to the manufacturer for info.
I was wondering if anyone had actually retracted this model manually and how they went about it.
Thanks,
John
Old 05-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #4

We have an older Keystone but probably the same slide mechanism. I had to do this once. use a wrench, like a big cresent wrench, not for size but leverage, on the square tube that connects the gears on both sides of the slide. it will take awhile.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
We have an older Keystone but probably the same slide mechanism. I had to do this once. use a wrench, like a big cresent wrench, not for size but leverage, on the square tube that connects the gears on both sides of the slide. it will take awhile.
Dont happen to have a picture of this do you charlie? Not having slide problems but id just like to know how also...
Old 05-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #6

No but it will be obvious just looking at it. the square tubing is probably 3/4 or 1 inch maybe
Old 06-04-2016, 01:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl_keystone View Post
Dont happen to have a picture of this do you charlie? Not having slide problems but id just like to know how also...
If you crawl under the trailer it'll be obvious as to what needs turning. It takes about 3 days to crank it in or out! Just kidding of course, but I've tried it. You can do it with a 12" cresent wrench, a bigger wrench makes it a lot easier, but a bigger wrench is heavy and awkward. I tried mine some time ago and it seems to me there is an area on the end of the shaft you can (if your handy) build a socket to fit on a 1/2 drive that will fit the square shaft. Now that I have a really good 1/2" cordless impact gun I may look into making up such a tool for when mine takes a dump.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:54 PM   #8

If yours is like mine a 1/2' ratchet fits perfect inside the square tube. it turns pretty easy, but it'll take a lot of turns to close it.

Tags
manual, slide