Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #1

2014 Jayco Eagle repainted cap

We love our Jayco 2014 Eagle for the last couple years but the brown front cap faded horribly. I was not a happy camper (pardon the pun). We were almost done with our 2 year warranty and Jayco agreed to repaint our cap. Jayco has stood behind their product for 2 years and I can't say enough good about their 2 year warranty. I also had the front cap painted a light cream which is the same color as the sides. I really like the way it came out and wanted to share. I also think it will help keep the bedroom cooler in the sun. The dark brown fiberglass cap would get incredibly hot in the sun.

Thank you Jayco and thanks to Garick RV in NJ (an excellent dealer my opinion).
Now let dewinterize and go camping again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459373895182.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	122741  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Looks great! Wish i had gotten mine repaired before warranty expired. Never thought of it until it was too late.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknj View Post
We love our Jayco 2014 Eagle for the last couple years but the brown front cap faded horribly. I was not a happy camper (pardon the pun). We were almost done with our 2 year warranty and Jayco agreed to repaint our cap. Jayco has stood behind their product for 2 years and I can't say enough good about their 2 year warranty. I also had the front cap painted a light cream which is the same color as the sides. I really like the way it came out and wanted to share. I also think it will help keep the bedroom cooler in the sun. The dark brown fiberglass cap would get incredibly hot in the sun.

Thank you Jayco and thanks to Garick RV in NJ (an excellent dealer my opinion).
Now let dewinterize and go camping again.
Looks brand new again Congrats.
Honestly, I was about to but a Jayco Eagle HT after doing months of research. You can't go wrong with the quality of Jayco and the 2 year warranty.

Eventually we bought a 2016 Lance 1995 TT. Only because I just love the floor plan of the Lance TT and the build quality. If it wasn't the Lance it would be Jayco. Those are the only two I Considered. I'm sure there are excellent brands out there but those two really caught my eye!
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #4

@dayacomguy - if I had a do-over card I'd give it to you. I came close to being in the same position.

@theMatrix - the right Floor plan makes all the difference. I've recently seen a rear kitchen that was calling to me....buy me. I fixed up the things that bothered me most in our camper like the junk Jensen stereo in every jayco. I replaced it and am sooooo happy with the sound now. Every faucet handle cracked so I replaced them with household quality and expect them to last a long time now. The plastic sinks are next on my list and I think I have all I want and need for now. The most important ingredient is being outside somewhere camping with friends and family. Enjoy your Lance - it's a nice camper.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #5

Recently purchased a 2015 (new) with the brown cap. Through forum reading etc found that some years had paint issues, essentially not enough UV protection in the nose cap paint. Raised this concern with the dealer as part of the purchase. During our walkthrough I noticed spider cracks in one small area and that the tank cover was a differing shade then the cap.. Asked Jayco/ dealer to verify the cracks and rectify the colour difference. With no complaints or push back the nose is being repainted.

Have previously owned two trailers from a different manufacturer and the quality was horrible, ultimately requiring replacement long before we anticipated. I can attest that so far Jayco has been wonderful to work with.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #6

@robus the first thing I noticed was the tank cap a slightly different shade of brown even at the time of purchase that only got worse over time. I feel that was initial sign the cap paint was missing UV inhibitors and the problem would only degrade more from there. Make sure you get this addressed within the warranty period. If you are told it's not a problem get it in writing. Jayco has been great to deal with so far but that doesn't guaranty the same will hold true in the future as the economy tightens. Congrats on your purchase and get ready to enjoy a great summer of camping.

Tags
jayco, jayco eagle, paint