Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #1

Question 2014 Keystone Hideout

We bought the 30' Hideout with a large slide, Love the layout, big and roomy. We just got back 4 hr ago from a five day campout, I stopped and emptied all 3 tanks, hooked the water hose to flush the black tank! you can hear water going but nothing comes out. I opened all 3 valves one at a time with the water running and Nothing comes out!! where is all the water going? nothing in or under the trailer, any ideas?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #2

Are you sure it's the black water flush and not the fresh water fill?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When he says he opened all three valves I got the impression he was opening the drains for the fresh water tank, hot water tank and low point for the plumbing. He should be opening the one drain for the black tank/sewer drain when running water into the black tank flush.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

Right, I wanted to make sure he wasn't filling his holding tank. He should be hearing water flowing out if he has the black water tank open. I bought a clear elbow so I can also see the flow. Maybe close all the valves and let the tank sprayer run for maybe a minute and then pull your black tank valve only. You should hear a couple of gallons flow thru. I would only do this if you're 100% sure you have the room.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #5

I stopped and emptied all 3 tanks, hooked the water hose to flush the black tank! you can hear water going but nothing comes out. I opened all 3 valves one at a time with the water running and Nothing comes out!! hooked the water hose to flush the black tank! you can hear water going but nothing comes out.

This is why I seldom post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #6

OK, I was trying to help. I/we don't know your experience level, that's why the questions. Figure it out yourself!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

If the hose hook up was on the side of the trailer, it was your fresh water holding tank. If it was under the side of the trailer, it may be your wash out. Most trailers do NOT come with tank wash outs. It may be an option at the factory or a dealer installed option, but usually under the edge of the trailer near the dump valves.

Three tanks, could be black and 2 grey. Some trailers have them.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #8

In my new outback the clean out is on the door side of the camper, in my 11 it was on the curb side. FYI
Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #9

Rather than get irritated with those responding to help you maybe the proper course would be to get out the owners manual and read it. It should have all the info and will indicate where the fresh water fill is located and where the black tank flush is located. It shouldn't be to complicated to figure out.
If you lost your owners manual I would call the manufacturer or the selling dealer for the answer. Did the dealer not provide a PDI when you picked up your new trailer, usually they do to give the new owner all the info needed to operate their trailer.
Hopefully you will solve this quickly because my brother HAD a Hideout with a disconnected flush hose and it created all kinds of problems!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
I would suggest not adding any more water until you have discovered where the water actually went. If the flush is unconnected then you could be doing severe water damage to the trailer.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #11

Is it possible something (TP, wash cloth, etc) has clogged the black tank drain? Perhaps it emptied most of the water and waste, and then clogged, leading you to believe it was completely empty. Running water into the flush is just filling the black tank but the clog is preventing it from emptying. I would open the toilet and shine a light to see if you can tell what is happening in there. Good luck!

Dan
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab Ecoboost
2013 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE 28'
Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #12

We have a 2014 Keystone Passport 3320. Having come from an older class A that was impossible to clog, I learned very quickly that the black tank clogs easily at the Toilet/Roof Vent connection on the Keystone. You could put a tennis ball through our class A's black tank, the Passport would likely clog with a marble.

That all said, the black tank flush for ours is on the door side of the rig, water fill is on the drain side. Ours also has three valves like yours (2 grey tanks). If you're sure you're on the tank flush, it's quite possible the flush was hooked up incorrectly. Our old class A, someone installed the flush on the grey tank, instead of the black tank.... As to where the water is going....?!?!? No telling there.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #13

My 2014 Cougar X-lite 28 RLS is in shop having some punch items corrected while still under warranty .
Using our black tank flush I could see the hose pressuring up but as you nothing coming out of the black tank???
Seems to be a common problem with keystone installing the backflow preventer valve in backwards .
Mine is located under bathroom sink .
Dealer is correcting under warranty .
Hope this helps
Mike D
Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How about draining your fresh water tank and leave the valve open. Drain all three other tanks and leave the valves open. Then hook up the flush as you did, turn the water on and see where it comes out. If no water comes out, I would say something is plugged. This is a good one, let us know what it is.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote