Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
2016 White Hawk 28DSBH First Trip

I have but one complaint... the mattress. Even with our 4" memory foam on top of it, it's not comfortable. We'll be on the lookout for a good deal on a new one. Everything else worked flawlessly. I found no loose screws and no screws that had fallen out. The fridge took a pretty good while to cool out but it was 104... and that's to be expected. The A/C did better than I expected. We arrived about 1:00 PM and it was already 101 out, but we were comfortable in about 2 hours. By 6:00 PM it was cycling at 74. I ran the water heater on electric when we got there, and It did fine. I shut it off and drained it, filled it back up and ran it on gas... no problem. The electric stabilizers squealed but a bit of dry gear lube silenced that. It tows nicer than the Surveyor but I think I have the hitch set better. I was a bit disappointed when we were getting ready to go because the dealership had told me that tire pressure was up at 50... When I checked, they were all at 39. Maybe they have a bad tire gauge or a new "tech" that doesn't understand the importance of tire pressure... and silly me... I didn't check it before towing it 40 miles from the dealership...... Oh well... everything else seems to have been checked and sorted out. Maybe this one was built on Wednesday...

Safe travels!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #2

We were in the middle of a 5,000 mile trip in February and I couldn't take our stock mattress on our 2016 TT anymore. Stopped at the Camping World in Katy, TX and drove off an hour later with a new 10" Aveeno foam and memory foam mattress with our 4" memory foam pad on top of it. In April we traded for a new 2016 bullet and had them swap our Aveeno mattress in place of the one in the new trailer. We sleep great! The stock mattresses normally suck. At least outs did.
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
We sold a 2012 Surveyor SV-264 as part of this deal, and I miss that mattress. It was the one that came with the trailer, but we added the 4" memory foam topper. It slept better than our expensive mattress at home. Not to worry... she's already been on line and probably has one ordered...
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #4

What was your experience with the Surveyor? Why did you choose the White Hawk? Can you compare the two TTs?
acanania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanania View Post
What was your experience with the Surveyor? Why did you choose the White Hawk? Can you compare the two TTs?
My experience with the Surveyor was good. It's maiden voyage happened unexpectedly when my job changed before we even got to take it for a night's test run. I lived in it for 2 months and had no problems. I'm an aircraft mechanic by training, but an IT guy these days...(pays better)... and I kept everything in top notch shape. I did have a cracked kitchen sink but replaced it with a stainless steel sink. I think it was a good trailer. The problems I had were pretty minor and it never went back to a dealer.

I researched trailers starting 2 years ago when I traded trucks. I knew with our grand-child population explosion...(6 in 5 years)... that I'd want a bunk model. Being trained in structures I looked at frames, suspensions, construction, and the like more than amenities. I didn't want to get something that was terribly expensive so I tried to get the best made trailer in the price point that I was willing to spend. Do I think the White Hawk is better than the Surveyor? Yes, but I would buy another Surveyor over a lot that I looked at. I had good luck with mine, but I maintain my stuff pretty meticulously... and keep it in covered storage.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
At home we have a Perfect Cloud mattress that Dee Dee ordered from Amazon. I sleep well on it. I really like it and it's amazing with a 4" memory foam topper. So, she surprised me today (our 44th anniversary) with the same mattress for our new camper. It's already in there and the factory mattress is at Goodwill... It's already got the topper on it and it's NICE!!!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #7
ksw

Jayco

Hello! We are looking to get back to JAYCO. Our budget though was for a Flight or Feather. Our first was a Flight and we are looking at 26 to 28 2016 FLIGHT. Glad to hear they are still the best. Thanks for your info!
ksw is offline   Reply With Quote