Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #1

2019 Dutchman Kodiak Furnace problem

Hey all,

We just picked up our new 2019 Dutchman Kodiak Cub 175BH. We decided to fire it up at the house before we took it out to make sure everything is working as it should.

Everything worked fine and the furnace was blasting hot air for about 5 minutes or so and then just stopped. Right before it stopped it was blowing cold air with just the fan for a minute. It seems like it shut the gas off first and now nothing, no fan or anything.

It is cold here in Colorado and cold in the trailer so I think we can eliminate the thermostat. I also lit the gas stove and that works fine,. Propane bottles are full. I also just charged the batteries.

Any suggestions?
SurfColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #2

I think you have covered all the bases a user can be expected to do. The problem could be any one of a dozen malfunctions. It could be as simple as a loose wire connecting the thermostat or an electronic failure on the control board.
You should contact the dealer you bought it from or another dealer/service place to get it fixed. Dutchman / Keystone support will only advise on where to get warranty service. Suburban / Atwood support will do the same.
I tried to get technical help on wiring for my Cub furnace and neither would talk about it. You have proven some furnace systems are working such as the wind switch and furnace internal burner controls, but the support folks don't care what you have done. They will only talk tech with a "trained" technician (dealer). Plus Suburban will blame it on the hose wiring and Keystone will blame it on the furnace without doing any troubleshooting.
Hope you get it fixed soon.
Paul Bristol
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They all blow cold air for a minute after shutting down to cool the heat exchanger so that part is normal. Is the thermostat turned up all the way and still no more heat? Try turning the power to the trailer off, including the battery cutoff switch and then restore power and try again.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #4

*Update*

I took it in and the technician found that a thermostat wire within the wall was severed. They fixed it and it is now working as it should. Thank you for all of the replies.
SurfColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfColorado View Post
*Update*

I took it in and the technician found that a thermostat wire within the wall was severed. They fixed it and it is now working as it should. Thank you for all of the replies.
Thanks for updating us. So glad you got it quickly fixed and keeping you warm.
IBTripping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace, problem