Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #1

3 slide with 50 Amp & 2nd A.C. ??

Looking for a 3 slide trailer. Two of the slides are opposing in living/dining area and 3rd slide in bedroom (bed slides out).
Also need 50 Amp service.
Also 2nd Air Conditioner would like mounted into existing ceiling duct work.

Now, the only one I've been able to find is Open Range trailers.
Can anyone help me out here??
Many thanks,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #2

Checkout the Jayco 33RLDS or the 330RL Jayco built older ones with two huge slides in the living room and a wardrobe slide in the bedroom. Then the latest builds actually slide out the bed. This trailer is 33 or 34 feet long. Kinda long to tow alot.

I like the Jayco over the Open Range.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check Lifestyle Luxury RVs....The old Carriage team building trailers for Evergreen.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Check Lifestyle Luxury RVs....The old Carriage team building trailers for Evergreen.Ken
----------------------

Ken, thanks for the tip but Lifestyle Luxury RV's are 5th Wheelers - I'm looking for a trailer.
Have checked out Evergreen with their composite trailers but again they don't make a 3 slide trailer.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Checkout the Jayco 33RLDS or the 330RL Jayco built older ones with two huge slides in the living room and a wardrobe slide in the bedroom. Then the latest builds actually slide out the bed. I like the Jayco over the Open Range.
---------------------------

Hey, thanks for the tip on Jayco. We presently have a 2007 Jayco. Last month we went to the Jayco factory and checked out a bunch of trailers and no luck with a 3 slide with bed that slides out.
Based on your info I started checking around and found out that Jayco made an Eagle model 330RLTS in 2011 and 2012. Then they stopped making it. It was offered with 50 Amp & 2nd air conditioner as optional. Well I have a few feelers out trying to track down a unit now.
I also like Jayco- just wish they continued making that model. They replaced it with the 2013 328RLTS but that bed does not slide out. It just has the wardrobe that slides out and when we looked it over it was too cramped in the bedroom.
So onward & upward.
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 12-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #6

We have a 2013 Dutchmen 287re. It has exactly

What you said you are looking for. 2 opposing slides in the front room plus 1 in the bedroom. Very roomy TT. Very well insulated and has 50 amp service with 2 ac's. power jacks, awning. 10 gal hot h2o heater. Everything on remote. It's a nice rig. We like it.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #7

Bill,

I found several listed that were sold but here's one that's new and available. Floor plan is like you want but I don't know about electrical service or A/C's. It's in Ohio, southern tip.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

CRS?

Hey, Ray! You forgot to include the link.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Hey, Ray! You forgot to include the link.
OOps!!
2012 - Jayco - Eagle - 330RLTS - Travel Trailer - - - RVs | Campers | Motorhomes | Travel Trailers | Fifth Wheel | Toy Haulers__
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #10

Those trailers are 34 and 35 feet long and can weight 9,500 lbs. I would be interested in what you have as a TV. I would consider buying one of these if I thought I could tow it at highway speeds w/o too much tail waggle.

Anyway - There are still new 2012 Jayco 330 RLTS units out there. Also like mentioned before Dutchmen makes triple slide trailers. Check put Dutchmen Denali 310RES or Denali 319RLS.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #11

Correction - these trailer weigh 9,500 lbs empty and can weigh 12,000 lbs. loaded.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #12

Never mind - user error, I was looking at 5ers. In TT Denali they make the 278RE 35' 10" long, and can weigh 11,000 lbs loaded.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
http://www.excelrvs.com/travel-trailers

Look at these. Not light weight but nice.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Look at these. Not light weight but nice.
Very nice. One of the two TT floorplans should be exactly what the OP described, other than the availability of 50-amp electric service and two air conditioners.. But Excel needs to fire their webpage designer. They hid the floorplans for the two TTs on the bottom of page 7 in the catalog.

The non-availability of the 55-amp service in the TTs should not be taken as a non-starter. Excel is known for custom modifying one of their floorplans to meet the customer's needs. If you can afford the big bucks for an Excel TT, then talk to them about making you one with 55 amp service and two ACs.

And heavy is right. But remember these are luxury-class TTs, in the same world at the belly-up Travel Supreme. About 12,000 pounds unloaded and 13,500 GVWR. Now that's a heavy TT. I hope no one tries to tow one of those up I-70 through the Eisenhower tunnel with a half-ton pickup.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen, slide