Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
4th Camping trip to Tomoka state park

Ok guy's just got back about an hour ago,but i want to tell you guy's this review is not going to be like my other one's.We forgot our camera's sim card so wasn't able to take alot of picture's.So the one's that i did take are from my phone.
Ok here we go:
My husband was able to get off early so we could be at the campsite before it got dark.My inlaw's had already been there 2 whole day's before we showed up.So they had some extra day's to enjoy the park.But it didn't really seem all that long to travel to get there.Only took us about and hour and 15 minute's.
It did make me nervous getting onto old dixie highway with all the tree's so close to the road.But we finally got to the park and let me tell you if your trailer is bigger than 30 ft you are not going to fit.Even in the campground area of the park the tree's are really close to the road.We had lot number 2 and my inlaw's had lot number 1.

The site's are really nice and private but they are tight to get into.We haven't really done much since my husband had to go to school.So just me and our boy's hung out with the inlaw's.We did go out last night and saw alot of deer.But my boy's did go fishing with there grandpa while me and my mother-in-law went to go find a gas station that had diesel.Then we just came back to the campground to just sit around.My boy's did catch alot of fish though,they caught a red,a croaker,a trout,a catfish,and last but not least a black drum.

It has been really peaceful at this park.There has been alot of car traffic that come in and outmore than any other campground that we have been to.I guess it would seem that way since we were at the front.But it's nothing to complain about they would come in real slow and quiet.And actually the bug's are not that bad out there which i was really surprised about.Now as for the bathroom's i personally didn't go in them but my husband and in law's have and they said they were really nice and clean.We really didn't do that much the rest of the day.Once my husband got out of school they went fishing again and me and my mother-in-law went to publix,CVS,and walgreen's which really those store's are only like 10 minute's away.Plus if you drive a diesel you will only be able to get diesel from a gas station that is around 95 and toward's Daytona.They don't have a diesel gas station close to the park.
Well i guess that's about it sorry for it not being like my other review's but that is what i had to work with,plus my mother-in-law didn't feel like going around taking picture's.We don't plan on going back there well atleast not with our camper,it's just to tight to fit through.So i hope you enjoyed even though it's not like my other review's.
My pro's:Quiet,peaceful,and private.Great place to go fishing.
My cons:Wasn't able to take alot of picture's.Too tight to fit.
campingmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!