Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #1

A/C Problems ????

Hello All
Bought our new 2015 Grey Wolf 26RL in Nov. and was sure to get the 15K air conditioning unit, due do living in Southern Ga.
Well our first use of the air this week, blowing out ice cold air, so great,but as time went on it seemed to take a lone time to cool down the unit ( although the outside temp. was only in the high 70's ) it finally shut off ,and never came back on, as the temp inside went well above the thermo. setting. Got nice and cool that night, so just turned it off.

Got home and did the same test, same results, and saw a lot of condensate still dripping from the gutters well after the unit shut down ?, frooze up ??? Only in the 80's, brand new unit, under warrentee

Opinions please !!!!

Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Measure temperatures at the outlet and inlet and see the difference. It sounds like you might be freezing up the evaporator coils, which is usually a result of restricted air flow and high humidity. Make sure all vents are open fully. The temperature drop difference after the first minute or so should be the same after an hour or two. If not, then it's freezing up. The systems are closed systems, coolant can't be added to them. If you get repeated freeze ups, take it to a service center for your A/C brand.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freeze ups are possible.. Where in Southern GA are you.. I am in Townsend/Darien area... I can not fix an air conditioner save for a couple of very minor issues... But I do housecalls with diagnosis help.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #4

Can't see it being either of the two, all vents open and low humidity this time of year for southern Ga. ( Just to the west of Brunswick ). Have had the unit on several trips since nov. when we bought her, heat works great and this was the first time we tried to use the air. Will try it again tomorrow, then it's back to Camping World under warrentee.

Our old 2000 Springdale never had any a/c problems !!!!

Jim
Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The RV AC units always work, until they don't. Tell them to R&R the unit.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:48 AM   #6

you said you were in the high 70's outside?

Could be the AC was overcooling and freezing up.

Happens to my home unit and my RV 13.5 when it gets below 80 outside....

try opening a window...lol
Old 03-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well.. if you are just west of Brunswick then you are near me.. I'm in Townsend/Dariean area..3 miles north of Interstate 95 exit 49 Just exit and turn north,, When the road curves right,, Continue straight to the far end of the white rail fence....Log in park and say hi to me... We can check it out.