Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #1

AC drains over my storage

Anyone have any suggestions on how i can reroute my AC drainage. Depending on how I am parked I get AC drip over my storage department and so when i need to get something out I get water dripping down on me and the outside of storage dept. There should be some easy way to transfer that water in another direction. Suggestions thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Extend the gutter? Find a way to make it turn the corner so it runs down the front or back? I would just suggest the you don't block it it any way.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #3

any suggestings on how to extend the gutter?
Old 07-09-2016, 01:56 PM   #4

I don't want to hijack this thread but I may need to know how to extend the gutter. AC water drains down the side of the mh (class C) right at the driver door. If I get in the drivers door, I get wet. '

I did not think it should do that. What is the "normal" drain method?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:55 AM   #5

I'm not sure what "normal" is. Our drains off the back, one side or the other. I always set our camper up with the front a bit higher. I haven't had the AC on with the trailer perfectly level yet.
skiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'd take a bunch of images of the "C" channel plastic gutter, measure it, head on down to CW or get on the internet and try to find the same stuff like I needed to replace the gutter. There may even be 90degree corner pieces and everything.

Now that I've thought about it some more, you could anchor somehow a piece of string that will wick the water, and run the string at a very slight angle from vertical away from you storage door, and the water should just wick down the string. If it's a lot of runoff, you might need larger string, but don't block the channel, as most of the water will slide down the outside of the material once it's wet. You could even direct it into a bucket, and then be able to move the water away from where it puddles.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #7

I had the same problem and what I did was use a pool noodle to slide over the gutter spout then move noodle so it does not drain over your storage.

Another option is raise front of trailer slightly so it drains off the back.
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #8

what is a pool noodle?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #9

Pool noodle hmmm lets see. They are foam tubes used to float on in swimming pools. They come in a lot of colors. You can find them in Walmart by the pool supplies and toys.

TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage