Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
advice needed

I am looking for a brand to travel trailer that has both a dinette and a couch to watch TV. Also a wardrobe for wife to hang clothes. Here's the hard part. I want to spend less than 30k and i am looking for a decent trailer something cool in summer and warm in winter. what have you seen? what can you recommend? Also needs to be comonly available in the south Mississippi Louisiana area

thelostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Look for a good used Excel.

chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
Look for a Vantage 29RLS by Keystone. It has 2 chairs, a couch plus a dinette. Also this is a very solid trailer.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Take a boo at a Jayco
I have the 22FB
Queen Bed in the front with closet with hanger rod on each side
Also has a wardrobe in the rear in the Bathroom but still has the hanger Rod
Fold out Love seat big enough for two adults to watch TV or sleep a pre teen or two
The dinette is big enough and will sleep a pre teen or two
Price under 12k US Dollars
Now mine is not the full winter insulated version but it will still be under your price point I am sure

TV: 2013 F150 FX4 Screw Ecoboosted! Luxury trim
OLD TT: 2012 JayFlight 22FB SOLD
New TT: 2014 Jayflight 26RLS
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
You don't say new or used, max. weight or max. length.

I am biased, but may I suggest a look at the KZ Spree 261RKS? It is 29' overall and about 6600 lbs loaded up. All aluminum structure. It has a sofa for watching TV. TV is in a good location for viewing from sofa. Has a large closet/wardrobe opposite the bathroom. Large bathroom with walk-in shower (really nice bathroom IMHO). Bathroom has a large-ish cabinet for towels and bathroom stuff. Has a nice spacious feel to it when you enter. Has one slide. Great rear kitchen with above normal counter space and has pantry on one side. Bedroom has wardrobe on one side for tall clothing.

Available in a base model or LX model along with various options in both. For 2014, there is no more 216RKS and has been changed to 262RKS and no LX package available (it's standard in the 262) and another related simpler model in place of the 262RKS. The 2014 model has some nice improvements like vaulted ceiling and 8 cu. ft. fridge. Can't imagine it not being available where you are. New base model should be well under $30K. I have not seen info. on the 2014 models yet on the internet. Oh, and also, the Spree is available in Sandalwood exterior (light beige) which looks pretty sharp with all black accents. The 2014 model is changing to light grey/silver exterior. If you do buy one, please let the factory know so we get a nice rebate on ours, lol.

Having said this, I do believe that there is another brand out there with a similar layout.

Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS & Ford F250 supercab V10 4x4 LB
Langley, B.C.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
Jayco Owners Club
My Surveyor SV-264 has a 26" television that pulls down over the dinette. Can't watch too well from the dinette but it's OK. Couch is opposite dinette so it's really good from there. Also has a TV mount in the bedroon, and outside under the awning. Wardrobe is in the slide next to the couch, and roomy enough for us. The kitchen actually has counter space... which is why we have it... Yep, DW got her choice. Also has storage under the bed, over the dinette, couch, bed, and hanger wardrobes each side of the bed. Speaking of beds, ours came with a real matress, and we added 3" memory foam to that so it sleeps nice. It has 2" foam walls with fibergalss on the outside. Our previous TT has walls about 1" thick. I lived in the Surveyor last year for 7 weeks in the Texas heat while we sold our home and moved, as my job had already started in the DFW Area. We've been pretty comfortable in the winter when we've used it, too... down to 15 degrees outside... I paid under $25,000- a little over a year ago... It weighs about 6,000# loaded. I pull it with a 2011 F-150 with the 5.0 V-8, and 3.55 gears... Does just fine.

Might work for you... check it out.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
be certain you both can watch tv without turning your head too far to one side. A poor viewing angle is found on a lot of trailers

15 Vegas with a red toad
tooltrdr is offline   Reply With Quote