RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #1

Aftermarket TPMS for both truck & trailer?

My 2004 Ram does not have factory TPMS. I am looking to add an aftermarket system to both it and my trailer. Has anyone had any luck using two different 4-sensor systems? I'm assuming I would need to get sets that run on different frequencies.
I found a couple of 8 sensor systems on Amazon that are VERY expensive, just wondering if there is a cheaper (but still functional!) solution out there?

theflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #2

My 2006 GMC 2500 HD didn't come with a TPMS system either. I went with an 8 sensor system. Yes it was not cheep but does work for the truck and trailer. I went with the TST system.

volks1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:58 AM   #3

Just get one that supports 8 sensors .
Old 03-26-2019, 04:44 AM   #4

TST-507, it can handle over 40 tires at once. Love ours.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:25 AM   #5

EEZ is another brand, and supports multiple sensors, and has the option of turning off the trailer display when not towing....you see just the truck.....push a button, and back in business monitoring both.....they offer both non flo thru, and flow thru sensors....a lot of folks take the non flo thru anti theft covers off to keep from using the special wrench for installing and removing, and that makes the sensors footprint smaller...
Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I didnít want one more monitor on the dash so I went with Tire Minder Smart TPMS it uses an app on either my Galaxy or My wifeís Apple phone. Had it for about 5k miles and work great.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:45 AM   #7

My truck has one but what about this one for the trailer? https://www.amazon.com/Favoto-Monito...s%2C164&sr=8-3

it's listed for cars and wonder if it would work for the trailer.
Manana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #8

#1 If its listed for autos, it the sensors probably are not strong enough the send the signal from the TT to the dash of your car. #2 It's cheap, real cheap. When you are sitting on the side of I-95 with your tire blown off and the wheel-well shredded, you will wish you had not gone cheap. Buy something decent like what as been recommended above, you'll will be glad you spent a little extra in the long run.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:58 AM   #9

We have this basic 4 sensor unit and it has worked great for 2 seasons now. Wood never be without one !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5120.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	239722  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:21 AM   #10

I've been using the EEZ Tire for 2 years now and it works great. Can be set for up to 22 tires. I have it set down in my console because you don't have to actually monitor it, you will hear the alarm if a tire go's below the set limit.
Mine are set to 59 psi and it works very well.
I wouldn't tow without it!
Old 04-02-2019, 07:25 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have used the Tireminder for 2 seasons now and am happy with it. I find it relatively simple to use and adjust when necessary. In talking with fellow travellers there are a number of good ones out there that seem to work well.

Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms, trailer