Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Thor Owners Club
Air in Rear DV

How much air should you carry in rear Dv when pulling your TT ? should you air it up to maximum , my tires call for 80 psi, and what should you carry in your front tires , we have a 2012 Ram 3/4 t diesel with 6 speed a/t 4x4 6.7, we are pulling a 2013 27' Dutchmen TT Aspen trail.

Vetl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The tires were designed to run at 80. I run at a few pounds of that, checked cold. TT tires have a max of 65 and I run them at 65, checked cold. They run cooler at the max and better MPG.

2014 Wind River 250RDSW
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie 4x4, Snugtop shell,
One big spoiled Bernese Mtn Dog
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The tires were designed to run at 80. I run at a few pounds of that, checked cold. TT tires have a max of 65 and I run them at 65, checked cold. They run cooler at the max and better MPG.
Not all are the same and running max psi without max load just makes for a harsh ride for no reason.

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 as well and after much experimenting, mine likes about 65 in the front to carry the diesel all the time. 45 in the rear when empty (press the low tire pressure button) and about 75 when towing.

Keep in mind the tires are an important part of your suspension and that function comes from the correct tire pressure. Also, tires are your #1 safety feature and the more pressure you run, the smaller the contact patch (traction).

Keep a close eye on your tire wear over time... If the shoulders wear: pressure is too low; If the center wears: pressure is too high.

I have easy access to an air hose, so I do actually always change my tire pressure in the rears between 45 and 75 if empty or towing and loaded.
2013 Winnebago 2301BH-Red
2012 Ram 2500 Megacab HO CTD
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote