Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #15

Congrats on the first trip !! It will get easier and more relaxing ! As far as the backing thing, don't worry, the fun of watching, is that all of us have been there before !!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
As far as the backing thing, don't worry, the fun of watching, is that all of us have been there before !!!!
No doubt. And some of us will be there again!
Old 06-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
No doubt. And some of us will be there again!

This... On the hardest back in's i make it look like a pro driver and on the "easy" jobs the wife starts screaming because I've run over half the other campers.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Only half? You need to try harder!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Only half? You need to try harder!
I go on vacation June 16th... Consider it my mission.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Get it done!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
This... On the hardest back in's i make it look like a pro driver and on the "easy" jobs the wife starts screaming because I've run over half the other campers.
Omg. The wife and I have been laughing hard at your comments. Especially this one. Thank you for making me feel normal again.

I have to be honest, I took the TT out today to dump two door down as my neighbor has a dump hole on his lawn, and I backed in to my drive way first time and felt really confident. I felt like superman.

Now....back to the mods!! 😨😨😆😆
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:59 AM   #22

Matrix, how long was your trip ! We just back from a 4 day stay at our favorite local CG ( Crooked River )about 40 miles,

A good indicator ( that you will find yourself ) that you and a nice long trip, is when you return home and try to flush the toilet with your foot !!!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Yeah I know you're right. I'm dreading the day I put a dent in any of my vehicles including my RV. And yes, I probably would start crying lol.
I made my first dent last summer. I had borrowed my dad's 32ft Winnebago for a week. As I was backing into a tight sight with a pretty good incline at night, I stopped and asked the wife "Are we still clear?" She yells "All clear !!" I hit the gas and hear crunch on the front drivers side. I bashed in the hubcap with the camsite marker. Took the marker right out of the ground. Funny, it was inches from the RV and at least four feet high - she still didn't see it.

I'm still trying to convince her that she needs to see both sides of the rig when guiding me in - especially at night.

My lesson, I should have got out and looked around the rig myself before driving.
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Matrix, how long was your trip ! We just back from a 4 day stay at our favorite local CG ( Crooked River )about 40 miles,

A good indicator ( that you will find yourself ) that you and a nice long trip, is when you return home and try to flush the toilet with your foot !!!
I did a 3 day trip to Paul Lake (Kamloops BC). It's 30 mins from us incase we had some major issues, wanted to be close to home for the maiden voyage.

I have so much to do in the house/yards/business yet I keep getting distracted with doing stuff on the RV. Lol. I must have the bug by now hey?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post
I made my first dent last summer. I had borrowed my dad's 32ft Winnebago for a week. As I was backing into a tight sight with a pretty good incline at night, I stopped and asked the wife "Are we still clear?" She yells "All clear !!" I hit the gas and hear crunch on the front drivers side. I bashed in the hubcap with the camsite marker. Took the marker right out of the ground. Funny, it was inches from the RV and at least four feet high - she still didn't see it.

I'm still trying to convince her that she needs to see both sides of the rig when guiding me in - especially at night.

My lesson, I should have got out and looked around the rig myself before driving.
Omg that's depressing! Was it just the hub cap or did you break some outer skin?