Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Andersen TT levelers

I just ordered a pair of Andersen levelers on Amazon last night. They look really neat in the video I saw. If they work as good as they show, they will be a real timesaver.
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #2

Please let us know how easy they are to use. I'm intrigued.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #3

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will try to get a pair of these before my next trip out. Then I can throw away all those boards and most of the lego blocks if the levelers work like they look like they should.
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #4

They work great!
oweninthekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #5

Do you have one or two axles? I have two, and was curious if these would fit between the tires so.
DanFromGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #6

I use them on a double axle trailer. They work great. You don't have to lay them flat to roll on them, you can just wedge them in at an angle. The only issue I have is that to get them out from under your tires you roll forward off them, and they kind of pop loose. I see some small plastic shavings on the ground afterward, so I think this will be the thing that eventually wears them out. But they are very easy to use for leveling.

Andre
Heymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #7

The Anderson levelers work great. My TT has spread axles, so it is easy to put one behind or in front of both wheels. My wife gets out, checks the bubble levels, places the Anderson levelers under appropriate wheels, guides me back until level, then places included chock under opposite side of wheel, leaving wheels cradled on leveler. Set up is very quick and easy. No pulling forward to place more boards under wheel.
bob3346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

Used ours for the first time last week. We got two for our single axle trailer which is low to the ground. We used them to raise and level the trailer so that my waste pipe would run down hill into the waste pipe at the site.

Worked great.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #9

Ordered me a set for my dual axel Evergreen I-Go Lite a few weeks back ...They are better than I imagined.. So easy to use... If you camp on slopes it may be a problem ,but at most campgrounds the sites are fairly level and these are perfect..I totally recommend these levelers..
Scoobyd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #10

Will they hold up on large rocks or rocky dirt? I was at a beach campground a few months ago and the ground was really unlevel with large rocks under the dirt sticking up. I had to put down a bunch of wood that split and broke in half due to the rocks. I wonder if the Anderson levelers would hold up to that. Soft ground and solid ground - yes. Other than that - ?
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #11

Honestly they look tough and are a thick red plastic.. The campground we stayed at had small and medium rock mixed and I just wedged it under the tire and backed up.. I looked at them after they were used for three days and could only see little indents in the plastic.. I then used them in the back yard and they sank into the ground just a little but stayed firmly in place.. You might have a problem on large rock but for the normal camping trip they will be fine.
Scoobyd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyadamn View Post
Will they hold up on large rocks or rocky dirt? I was at a beach campground a few months ago and the ground was really unlevel with large rocks under the dirt sticking up. I had to put down a bunch of wood that split and broke in half due to the rocks. I wonder if the Anderson levelers would hold up to that. Soft ground and solid ground - yes. Other than that - ?
I think the Andersen levelers would hold up better than any other method in the situation you described. I used them on some fairly rocky terrain (think railroad ballast and slightly larger) and they did just fine. Way easier to use than other methods, lightweight, and don't take up much storage space. Downside is you can't burn them if you run out of firewood.

Andre
Heymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #13

These are by far the easiest levelers on the market. A pic is worth more than all the comments combined to show how great these things are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Andersen Levelers.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	72587  
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #14

Love Mine Too!

Another pic:

happybooker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags