Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #15

Well gas is finally under $2/gal but don't expect it to stay that way for long. Diesel is still about $2.29. Anybody use biodiesel? Any special mods to truck motor? Seems like if it works, it would be a great way to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

'02 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC-D/A
Rockfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rockfarmer:
Well gas is finally under $2/gal but don't expect it to stay that way for long. Diesel is still about $2.29. Anybody use biodiesel? Any special mods to truck motor? Seems like if it works, it would be a great way to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are past you warrenty period on the truck and you heat you home with oil. Some friends of mine are using #2 from there house tanks and it is a lost cheaper than the pump.No good if you still have warrenty though because of the color. Any one else have experience here. I have a gasser so I can't varify.

Black 1997 F250 H/D 4X4
markclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #17

Had picked this Willie Nelsons "BioDiesal" off the news. Looking on the map of stations they are few and far between right now.[IMG:right]C:\Documents and Settings\sclark\My Documents\My Pictures\Willie%20Nelson.jpeg[/IMG]

Willie Nelsons BioDiesel

Get_er_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #18

Seems to be getting worse. Some one is happy with the prices but not the customers. We will still camp but close and will not go far.
Linda

2006 Cedar Creek 34CKTS
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:38 AM   #19

Windy
Fred Barnes over on FOX news was one of the happy ones as he said they need to get the word out that American people have no rights to low gas prices. Rich folks like that have no idea what continued high fuel prices is doing to the average and low income folks and long term damage to American business. Hope someone can nip the rising price of crude. Thats the biggest pusher on high fuel costs.

JIM
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

There is more than enough oil. There are ships in ports full of it. We just don't have enough refineries to process it.
Thank you, environmentalists.
Until there is a "softening" of the demand the price will continue to rise. And when there is less demand the oil companies will stockpile the refined oil (gas/diesel) in tank farms. Outside of me town there is a tank farm being built. It consists of 7 tanks that hold 600,000 gallons of fuel.
There only way the costs will stabilize is for the demand to go down.
So, summer is here. Fill'er up and take shorter trips.
I am 60 years old and ride my motorcyle to work and most everywhere else. I plan my trips/vacations closer to home. If I was on a fixed income I would probably be taking more vacations on a motorcycle rather than my RV.
Chet
Old 04-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep, thank the enviromentalist for part of the problems with building new refineries in the US. They have regulated to the point that it is not economically possile to build here, so we have not had a new refinery built here in close to 15 or 20 years. So the oil companies only do wah t they can and build over seas.

Ken
Old 04-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #22

I would imagine that the environmentalists are all kicked back by now, with their chests all puffed out, patting themselves on the backs and telling em selves what a FINE job we've done!!!

Get_er_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #23

Jim you are right the wealthy have no idea what the prices will do to the ordinary voting citizen. The OILMEN IN OFFICEare lining their pockets for their upcoming retirement!!!

The wealthy can pay whatever the price might end up being.

Linda

2006 Cedar Creek 34CKTS
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #24

This is more reality than ficton...

Here's a little tool that might help you find the lowest price (which is all relative at this point and juncture).

Sean