Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #1

Will it ever stop going up

03 Dodge 2500 HO 4x4 SB QC, 3.73, LS, SunCoast Auto, Billit input shaft, Edge EZ, Juice/Attitude, A-Pillar, AutoMeter Trans/Egt/boost, Afe PG7, HOGS 4" SS W/ 5.5" SS tip, Brite Box w/ Fogzilla,Tuff Country 2" lvl, BFG 315's, B&W Turnover ball, Firest
PClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #2

Will it ever stop going up

03 Dodge 2500 HO 4x4 SB QC, 3.73, LS, SunCoast Auto, Billit input shaft, Edge EZ, Juice/Attitude, A-Pillar, AutoMeter Trans/Egt/boost, Afe PG7, HOGS 4" SS W/ 5.5" SS tip, Brite Box w/ Fogzilla,Tuff Country 2" lvl, BFG 315's, B&W Turnover ball, Firest
PClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
According to those supposedly in the know, NOPE!
Looks like we are going to be stuck with $3/gal +/- fuel costs for some time to come.

World usage is outstripping it's ability to get the fuel out of the ground and process it.

I guess we shouldn't feel to bad, fuel costs have already risen to around $6/gal in two European countries. Sure is making Tania and me (full-timers since 1999) take a hard look at our travels with the RV though.

Long trips and fixed incomes don't seem to be very compatible right now. We were lucky to lock into a one year rate at a campground outside of Kissimmee, Florida for $325/month plus $45 for electric in March.

Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #4

Not that many years ago, around 10 oil refineries were shut down in California. The reasons were bantied back and forth as to whether or not it was the environmentalists or the equipment was outdated. This effectively placed a cap on output for many years to come. New refineries are in the planning stages, however the total time involved seems to be several years;planning to production. The Canada website shows gas prices in major cities. Calgary lists the equivalent of $4.25/gal.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:07 AM   #5

PClayton,

That's funny. I had to draw my own version to use on another site...
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:21 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
I see now that diesel fuel is finally cheaper than gasoline. That I like....

don
Old 08-21-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeah Don,

But when regular gas is $2.75 a gallon, I don't think I am getting much of a bargain on diesel at $2.63.

When I bought my truck in Sep 2003, Reg gas was $1.49 and diesel was $1.29 - diesel has more than doubled in price in less than 2 years.

Of course if you want to travel, you just pay it, grumble, and go on.

I think what this country needs real bad is about a 3 day "gass out" like over labor day where no one in the USA and Canada bought fuel products for 3 days. It will never happen but if it did it would get the oil industry to take notice.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #8

Wouldn't bother them at all. Cause they know on Tuesday after Labor Day we'd all be FILLIN' IT UP.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see now that diesel fuel is finally cheaper than gasoline. That I like....

don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Don, I don't like it at all. In fact I think we've been had, but can't do a darn thing about it. I hope it goes up until the whole darn economy collapses, then we'll see where the price goes. I realize this is where I bite my nose off to spite my face but...too bad!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:51 AM   #10

Diesel at BP actually went down this weekend. Was $2.54 last week, I filled up yesterday for $2.39. I'm in Virginia Beach. BP station is on Princess Anne at Baxter Road.
chuck
Old 08-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #11

$2.95 for diesel, $2.57 reg unleaded. Good ole So Cal. Last week it was $3.15 for diesel. I haven't driven my truck in so long I don't even know if it'll start. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #12

Here it is. They are gouging us. They can pump plenty. They can refine just as much. IT goes like this. They wait for something to happen, even a minor event. Then they push the prices up daily or weekly till they think they are just below the point that we will start really screaming. You know call our congress man/woman and the such. They let it sit for a couple of days just to make sure they got all they could and then they back it off by about half of the increase. Now we all are running around thinking we are getting a bargain and everyone is happy again. What are you going to do we need the stuff.

Black 1997 F250 H/D 4X4
markclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #13

Sorry for all the spelling in the post above this. I should be doing this with my glass's on.

Black 1997 F250 H/D 4X4
markclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #14

Mark, no problem with the spelling, I also take off my glasses. List all you want, but if you filled up the lines you could drop from 15 to maybe 3-5 lines and sure could speed up my reading. Thanks

F250 7.3,32' New Horizons FW
Ron1247 is offline   Reply With Quote