Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsinger44 View Post
I wont have the internet to search for answers when I am out camping. I dont have that sort of phone. Always nice to have book you can flip open and look for answers to questions.
Ok, I get it. You're right, the book doesn't require a connection, but it also can't answer questions the book doesn't cover, and no book will cover everything.

Eventually, you'll have to come to town. Go to the library, use their computers to access the internet.

I was a nervous full-timer in August last year. I lost sleep, had knock-down drag-out fights with my stomach over how it was reacting to my anxiety, and when I hit the road after the house sold, I was almost literally shaking.

But after the first month, I realized all that anxiety was completely unfounded. I'll be the first one to admit that having a great travel trailer was extremely helpful during the transition and early days for me. The rest so far has been no big deal ever. The worst thing that has happened has been outside of the RV (weather, neighbors, road conditions).

Now, you might think I've been, at least, highly opinionated in my responses on this topic. If so, I'm sorry. I can be blunt with my opinions, and I know these are only opinions.

So, do what I did before hitting the road, if you want to. Research your particular RV on this forum. Print out the things that you want to keep with you away from a connection to the internet. Put them in a notebook with blank pages so you can make notes and write down questions, and ask them here when you are back in reach of the internet.

And hopefully you won't have much trouble at all. But if you do, IRV2 will always be here, it will likely always be free, and it will always be full of people that have the answers you need, even if that means telling you were else to look to find your answers. Just like you are experiencing now.

I'll wish you the very best luck, both in finding a book that fills your needs, and in enjoying your RV. If you have half as much fun as I have had, you're gonna have a lot of fun!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
newbie, newbies