Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 05:33 AM   #1

Any Grand Design Reflection owners?

We’re considering trading up from an Element 26RBSS to. Reflection 315RLTS. Have been hunting for reviews online.

Any GD owners here? Would love to hear from you.
Lilrhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 05:48 AM   #2

Grand Design Owners Club
We have a 2017 27RL. Have about 4300 miles towing and 30 nights on it in 6 months of ownership. So far so good. Minor issues that I have repaired myself.love the floor plan. Tows really well. I did replace the Chinese made tires before our first trip and installed a TPMS.
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #3

Lpts of em here;
https://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/forum.php
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post

Thanks - had poked around there a bit - but since it is a manufacturer sponsored site was looking for additional sources.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

We have a 337RLS Reflection and absolutely love, traded in a Keystone product, night and day difference in quality and Grand Design is a super manufacturer to work with. Had one issue, emailed them direct and they sent me the parts to do the repair myself. I don't think the grandjdesignowners forum is factory sponsored, it may look to be but it is run by individuals. Grand Design does however monitor it, they have a "tech" section and respond to owners quite often.
rleagan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think that Grand Designs is a good product but it is now owned by Winnebago.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #7

Nothing wrong with Winnebago buying into them, they still let Grand Design run independently. I checked and the forum is definitely not manufacture sponsored, it is run independently and there is a ton of GD info on there, the good and the bad. No manufacturers are perfect, all RV’s will have issues, but if you dig in you will see that their quality is somewhat on the upper end of the spectrum and the way that they take care of their customers is really what sets them apart. We looked at most of the different vehicles out there and very glad we went with Grand Design,
Old 11-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrhody View Post
Thanks - had poked around there a bit - but since it is a manufacturer sponsored site was looking for additional sources.
I am not sure that is correct. GD does comment but it is owned and run by GD owners not GD. It cost 12 dollars a year to "join" which means you get to see pictures and some extended access. GD is better than some producers but what seems to be an enduring trait is the after purchase support. No RV is going to be without issues but some seem to have more issues than others. So after sales support is important.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdavet View Post
I am not sure that is correct. GD does comment but it is owned and run by GD owners not GD. It cost 12 dollars a year to "join" which means you get to see pictures and some extended access. GD is better than some producers but what seems to be an enduring trait is the after purchase support. No RV is going to be without issues but some seem to have more issues than others. So after sales support is important.

[emoji1303]
Old 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #10

Thanks all. I figured out that it isn’t a GD owned site - and have found lots of helpful info there.

Nice to see the good GD comments here too!!
Old 11-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #11

We have a 2018 315RLTS. We haven’t experienced any problems with it. There haven’t been any surprises, and we haven’t regretted the purchase for a second.
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #12

Just became a new owner yesterday of a 2018 Reflection 297RSTS.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #13

Picking ours up tomorrow morning, can't wait!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Picking ours up tomorrow morning, can't wait!
Congrats and Enjoy! Even figuring out where to put things in the new unit can be fun.

We are happy with our Grand after 2 seasons of use.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote