Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #141

When we were shopping, the dealer had an orange 2201DS. It was last years model and he had it marked down about $2,000. I was real tempted but being a loyal UGA fan, there is no way I was going to take home a trailer with Tennessee colors.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #142

We got our Champagne colored 2106DS a little over a month ago. It was the first trailer we looked at and then looked at a BUNCH of others. Ended up coming back to the Minnie. Its just a great 2 person trailer and we are very happy with the build quality.

Mike

Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #143

Congratulations Mike, great choice. Post a photo if you can.

Ken
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #144

Congrats, Mike. We have a 2012 Winnie 26RK, best camper we have ever had, and we have had plenty.
GWDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #145

Making the DW happy in our 2201DS

Today's project was adding a shelf in the two storage cabinets in the bathroom of our 2201DS. The 2201DS has two upper cabinets to the left of the shower. I added a 12" deep shelf to each cabinet using wooden cleats, bolts and screw. So now the DW is happier. We store linens in the upper cabinet and groceries in the middle cabinet, and the lower cabinet came with a shelf, which we use for other stuff.

And, for that "dead space" between the cabinets and the shower, we hand a long shoe organizer with a hook that hangs on the shower wall frame.

I'm still looking at a couple of other mods to improve use of space. I'm going to add a slide out rack to the lower section of the pantry (across from the fridge) and in the recessed area below the tv, to the right of the tuner/dvd player), I think I'll add a couple of spacers and cross bars to make it and are for the cell phones and tablets.

It's always fun trying to figure out how to improve the living area and creating better storage!
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #146

That's a good idea. Those cabinets are huge and putting an additional shelf in there would make a better use of the dead space.

I'm still mulling over installing drawers in the bench seating. I'm putting it off right now since we don't really need the additional storage space but having all that wasted space under the dinette seat just bothers me for some reason. I suspect as we start taking longer trips and accumulating more camping stuff, I'll see the need.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #147

I've posted before about this, but I put a door on each end of the dinette benches. On the right side, I installed a slide out basket. On the left, there is a small box that sticks up, so we use that area for the vacuum, broom, dust pan, fox tail and a small fan.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #148

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
I'm scratching my head over this one. You bought a Bunk House trailer but you don't need/want bunks, and you got an optional outdoor kitchen that you never intend to use?

I find the outdoor kitchen and second fridge are used all the time, though less in winter camping, obviously. Even just being able to wash my hands or fill the dogs' water dish outside is great.
TDI: Wife (and dog) sleeps separate from me. Sofa bed on previous was uncomfortable. So the large lower bunk fit need. That was main criterior, o/s Kit. was an extra plus. And it is winter camping now. Didn't say I never intended to use, just never needed one before. I see using o/s stove for cooking smelly fish,etc. and sink (or o/s shower) for cleaning up. Mostly would use fridge for cold drinks. So now she has her own bedroom. Doubled up on the mattress, hooks on wall, step stool for dog.
Sorry for so long to reply,Log in is case sensitive.
Have had shake-down trip and all worked well. Open Roads did good job of prepping. Only hitch was sensors on grey tank didn't seem to work. Three days of sink and showers didn't register on guage. Not imperative but useful. Happy campers.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
That's a good idea. Those cabinets are huge and putting an additional shelf in there would make a better use of the dead space.

I'm still mulling over installing drawers in the bench seating. I'm putting it off right now since we don't really need the additional storage space but having all that wasted space under the dinette seat just bothers me for some reason. I suspect as we start taking longer trips and accumulating more camping stuff, I'll see the need.
Same thoughts. Waiting to see how much MORE storage we need before putting door on dinette seats. So far haven't needed any. We did get cabinet maker to make a "half table" to make U shape more useful. The TV table wasn't makin it. Matched counter top and bought additional top socket. Would use full table for company.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #150

Has anyone solved lack of on/off switch for o/s fridge? Does thermostat cut it off? Which direction is colder?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
When we were shopping, the dealer had an orange 2201DS. It was last years model and he had it marked down about $2,000. I was real tempted but being a loyal UGA fan, there is no way I was going to take home a trailer with Tennessee colors.
or worse........Fla.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil 1024 View Post
Has anyone solved lack of on/off switch for o/s fridge? Does thermostat cut it off? Which direction is colder?
Maybe yours is different, but mine had a thermostat dial inside with off and defrost features.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Maybe yours is different, but mine had a thermostat dial inside with off and defrost features.
No dial as the owners manual shows. A small slide under the freezer compartment is the only adjustment visible. I have to take the panel off under the bunk to unplug the fridge. PIA. If no one can tell me the thermostat setting, I will cut the line and install a switch.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #154

The fridge that came with my Minnie died. When I went to replace it, I found that the opening for the fridge is just a bit small for most of the fridges that are out there....especially any fridge with the controls located inside the fridge where they belong. If the cheapie fridge I bought dies, I'll bite the bullet and remove some of the existing trim and make the opening bigger for the fridge of my choice. I think Winnebago made a mistake by making the opening so small and customized to the cheap fridges they are supplying....at least for my 2014 model 2201DS.

I solved the problem of on on/off switch by using a short extension cord which allows me to keep the ends of the two cords above the access panel in the wardrobe. So, I can open the wardrobe and plug in or disconnect the fridge.

Tags
tow, winnebago