Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #463

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Bobby there is another forum that gets more traffic "Winnebago Minnie Towables". You may want to pose your question there. Sorry I don't have the model you're asking about. The Facebook page for Winnebago Minnie's is also very popular.
jaysheridoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtoolman View Post
Anybody think the 2 tread stairs on Minnie's are to high? Our 2351 dks first step is high and was looking for a extension step to make it a 3 stair setup , before buying a new 3 step pullout kit
I know this was discussed in the other thread a while back with pics.
I never had a problem with the stairs. And I've been on some sites where a third step would be in the dirt.
Easier to just make a box/step and keep it in the pass through if needed.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheridoc View Post
Bobby there is another forum that gets more traffic "Winnebago Minnie Towables". You may want to pose your question there. Sorry I don't have the model you're asking about. The Facebook page for Winnebago Minnie's is also very popular.
Thanks...
already long time member... and FYI.. there are actually three FB forums too...
BobbyD16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
I know this was discussed in the other thread a while back with pics.

I never had a problem with the stairs. And I've been on some sites where a third step would be in the dirt.

Easier to just make a box/step and keep it in the pass through if needed.

I already do that , but thank you for the reply
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #467

Leaking slide out

I have a 2013 2101FBS. The slide was in all the way, but there is a bad leak along the bottom of the slide under the slide floor. the top of the galvanized wheel well was wet, Slide seals look perfect to my eye all around. Under the slide the trim on the bottom of the open has water on it. Any ideas?
przero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #468

Jack up the right side of your TT a bit, that will stop the leak. Mine does the same. When you figure out how its leaking and from where, let me know!!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by przero View Post
I have a 2013 2101FBS. The slide was in all the way, but there is a bad leak along the bottom of the slide under the slide floor. the top of the galvanized wheel well was wet, Slide seals look perfect to my eye all around. Under the slide the trim on the bottom of the open has water on it. Any ideas?
That would be the first thing that I would try also. If the trailer is tipped toward the right, water could be following the trailer side and flowing in around the seal somehow. Make sure that the trailer is at least level or tilted left. Also check the gutters. I would also check the roof line on the left as well as any seams on that side, even the windows.
LJMinniePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #470

You mentioned that the seals look good. I assume you extended the slide and made sure no debris was under the top gasket...?
The water most likely comes in on top and runs down the side.

As was mentioned, definitely store with right side higher.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #471

Winnebago Minnie Travel Trailer Owners This is group I belong to on FB. I do not know if anyone mentioned this on previous pages but thought I would share it.

Lot of good info and fixes and tips on this group. We have narrowed our search down to Winnebago and Lance. Quality in building is the issue. Even though both brands have issues as all seem to, they seem to have less. We like the numbered auto type wiring harness' for troubleshooting . The pex plumbing. Availabilty of replacement parts. Overall quality of build in each mnf's products. Lance also has a forum for owners and those looking to buy Lance and want info.

Lance at this time is our first choice but we looked at Winnie Towables first and really like them and their price points. Have eliminated most other brands as just being poorly built rolling headaches. We are seniors and not interested in playing Russian roullette with TT's. Quality counts. Buy One and Done.
sejac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #472

I have a dual-branded Sunnybrook Harmony 21fbs, 2012 model. Winn bought out Sunnybrook so they could sell a line of towables. I suspect quality and design has suffered under Winn management.

Lance was just bought out by Thor. I can't see how this will result in anything but lower quality and higher production rates at Lance. Get 'em while you can.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by przero View Post
We have a 2014 2101DS and had the same problem but I don't think it was leaking along the bottom of the slide. I completely stopped the leak by marKing off the side of the trailer where the slide seal touches the trailer and installing 3/4" by 1/4" foam self sticking weather stripping all the way around the rectangle. No more leaks but $3000 + too late.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:46 AM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
I have a dual-branded Sunnybrook Harmony 21fbs, 2012 model. Winn bought out Sunnybrook so they could sell a line of towables. I suspect quality and design has suffered under Winn management.

Lance was just bought out by Thor. I can't see how this will result in anything but lower quality and higher production rates at Lance. Get 'em while you can.
Does THOR own REV Group? REV is who bought out Lance.
sejac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #475

I don't believe THOR owns REV.

www.revgroup.com/rev-group-best-luxury-rv-man
cdoorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #476

I have had a 16 Winne Drop for 19 months (bought 16 May 2016). We have been to 17 different campgrounds 31 different sites. Total miles 8930. Mostly through the Fla Panhandle, central Ala and MS.
I had to fix a small piece of wallpaper. I came off a steep drive and cracked the gray drain pipe a few inches from the tank. Repaired with a rubber fitting.
iflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, winnebago