Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #43

Welcome to the forum and purchasing a Winnegago! Nice to hear that the first trip went smoothly. We've had our trailer for over a year now, and haven't been in a campground with another Winnebago Winnie! But, we'll keep looking. Hope to hear more from you as you take more trips with the Winnie.

scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #44

You have similar set up to mine. I have the 2101 DS and a 4 wheel drive grand Cherokee 6 cylinder. Only one trip so far and no problems. I like the picture. Our Minnie is blue.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa1 View Post
You have similar set up to mine. I have the 2101 DS and a 4 wheel drive grand Cherokee 6 cylinder. Only one trip so far and no problems. I like the picture. Our Minnie is blue.
Welcome, Papa!
Is yours the new dark blue? I saw a picture of one at our (new) local dealer that the guy had on his phone, but have not seen in person or any real pictures.
It looked really nice.

I think they are going to be very popular. Still adding a splash of color without being too bright. I like them all, but I know some potential buyers shy away from the louder colors.

Post some pics, please!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Can't wait for sring

Already booked nine trips to pa state parks. Can't wait to get started
Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #47

We have had our Winnebago 28DDBH for a little over a year. We have only been able to go on 3 trips close by. We love it so far. Going on our first long road trip next week. Excited but nervous!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #48

We almost got the 28ddbh. Hope you guys have a fun and safe trip.

If I can make a recommendation, make sure tire pressure is set to 50psi and grease the wheel bearings. It's fairly easy to do, and often overlooked on a newer trailers.
We did a bunch of local camping and when I did my wheel bearings before our 5300 mile trip, I was surprised how much grease I needed. I figure it will be the same for most.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #49

7 Months In

Greetings,

We bought our 2101FBS in May and got to take her out 5 times before the weather turned. Very happy with the Minnie, we looked at RV shows for about 3 years before making the leap into a TT (from tent camping). We were very impressed with the quality jump over some of the others we looked at, especially the couch. Haven't had any real problems, 'cept the trip to Shenandoah (no hookups) where I crosswired the battery and we had no power till the next day.

It's just me and the wife, so it's been excellent for 2-3 day weekend trips.

We're just hoping the Ground Hog lied!

Tim in Va

2014 2101 FBS
2014 Grand Cherokee (V6)
Old 02-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #50

New to us

Hello,

My wife and I just purchased a yellow 2013 Minnie 1801fb. This is the first RV that we've personally owned, although we both grew up around them. We have tent camped for many years and decided it was time to get a little more comfortable. We've not been camping with it yet, but we spend about every evening in the camper getting the feel for it.

Based on experiences I had being around my Dad's camper growing up, I've made a few upgrades. First off I swapped out the manual tongue jack for an electric one. A real back saver! Then I changed over the incandescent lights to LED bulbs and changed the shower head to one from Oxygenics.

We have mostly tent camped in State and National parks and are looking forward to getting out there this coming season in our new (to us) Minnie!

Neil B.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #51

National RV Owners Club
2minnie, Welcome to the world of RVing and to the (endless) world of MODS!
Sounds like you have a good start; let's see, paper towel holder, garbage can on inside of undersink cabinet door, towel rack in bath...now the fun starts!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #52

Tim and Neil welcome to the irv2 forum. Congratulations on your new Minnies. As cruzbill said it is time for the mods to begin. I also put an electric jack on my Minnie. I found that the truck tail gate would not let down all the way because of the motor so, I turned the jack appromixately 120 degrees. Tail gate works fine now. I did add a paper towel rack over the sink. Had to move the light to do so. Added a towel rack to the bathroom.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:19 AM   #53

It's great to see so many new owners!
Old 02-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #54

2101DS upgrades

Nice pictures of upgrades by Bigbird65. I just bought a 2015 2101Ds and the only thing I've changed so far was modifying the couch on the slide out. I took the bottom panel off and installed hinges. Now when we're on the road I have extra storage under the couch. I use the space to store the items I use for set up (levelers, chocks,...) because when the slide out is out I lose the storage. I will get around to towel racks, that is something that the trailer really needs. Did you have to find studs to anchor the screws in? How did you do it?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #55

Best advice I can give - if you don't have an awning over your slide out - get one. It's expensive but it's the one area where you can easily get a leak. The top gaskets are just two wipers and if you gat a small stick stuck in between them the water will pour down. Also even with an awning be sure to clean off the top of the slide before you close it. Enjoy your Minnie we love ours.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa1 View Post
Nice pictures of upgrades by Bigbird65. I just bought a 2015 2101Ds and the only thing I've changed so far was modifying the couch on the slide out. I took the bottom panel off and installed hinges. Now when we're on the road I have extra storage under the couch. I use the space to store the items I use for set up (levelers, chocks,...) because when the slide out is out I lose the storage. I will get around to towel racks, that is something that the trailer really needs. Did you have to find studs to anchor the screws in? How did you do it?
Great idea about storage under the couch but we need photos.

Here are some details about moving the light and installing the towel rack. I bought my towel rack at ACE Mart in Arlington TX. I did not want a cheap plastic rack.

First, take out the panel on the left. Remove the light and tape up the wires. Pull the wires back. Drill a new hole near the back for the wires. Re-connect and mount the light toward the back.

Install the towel rack toward the front. There is a nice thick piece of wood inside where the towel rack screws go so that the rack is very sturdy.

I'm never quite sure in which order the photos will appear when I post them.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, winnebago