Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #57

National RV Owners Club
Papa1, Congrats on the new rig; For the towel bars, I put in a double just like Bigbird65, see photo above for towel bar in bath on back wall. The towel bar mounts to a stud on the right (shower) side, but, just as Bigbird did, you have to jump over the seam in the paneling and mount the left side to the thin luan. Use a small Molly screw anchor, the metal kind that expands inside the wall. At first I used a plastic anchor, but the towel bar carries a lot of weight AND its mounted to the rear wall where all the 'shakin' goes on as you roll down the road. The left side plastic anchor almost pulled out of the wall, so I replaced it with a Molly (could be a #6 screw, its pretty small). The small Molly is the only one that works in very thin panels like the luan. Nice and tight now. BTW, you can cut the bars to make the towel bar shorter to clear the wardrobe door if it interferes. I used a small tubing cutter.

I like your disappearing couch storage, but I dislike the jackknife sofa. I have looked high and low for a recliner mechanism that will mount to the plywood that supports the sofa, but no luck so far. Now I'm trying to find some closed cell foam to restuff to maybe make it more comfy.
Keep the mods coming!

cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #58

Speaking of mods, there's one on my list that I wondering if any other Minnie owners have tackled. I'm thinking about adding doors to the ends of the dinette booth. The way the wood luan is attached over the frame, there is a square opening and I'm thinking of cutting out the luan flush with the framework. Then, make a couple of door frames, use the luan cutouts for the door panel inserts, and attaching new doors to the dinette. On one dinette, it would be a great location for our vacuum ceaner and hand broom. On the other end, I may make a slide out tray for extra pop, water, and beer storage.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #59

When we got the Minnie I wanted to make the Jensen TV audio play through the Jensen stereo. I contacted ASA Electronics and they provided me all of the information that I needed to do this. Here is what I got from them:
Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics Technical Service department. If you have verified that the RCA cables are good between the red and white audio input on the TV and the red and white audio input on the back of the AWM968, try the following steps. First go into the TV Audio Menu and turn the TV speakers to Off. Then go into the Setup Menu and change the Audio Output setting to Fixed. On the AWM968 stereo receiver, make sure it is set to AUX 1 position. With the TV in this configuration, you will need to adjust the volume on the AWM968.

Note: Photos did not post in order of description.

All of this trailer posting sure makes me want to flush the pink stuff and hit the road.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #60

I have sort of the opposite problem. When watching a DVD, I don't want the sound to come from the overhead speakers, but only from the TV. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but the previous post has given me an idea or two to try. This situation really applies when watching a movie from the bed which creates a situation where the speakers/sound are behind the partial call (entertainment center).

Actually, what I may do at some point is hook up a pair of better speakers that would be part of the entertainment center as I just don't care for the sound coming from speakers in the ceiling!!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM   #61

Great, now I have to go out in the freezing cold, hook up my battery and start playing with the TV and stereo settings!
LOL ;-)
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Fretz RV finally agreed with me that the water pump was too noisy. They replaced it with a new pump and everything is fine. New problem that everyone with a minnie should check, make sure your shower drain and trap is firmly secured under the shower base.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
I would like to put an access door on the outside that would allow me to get under the back bench of the nook.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz908 View Post
I would like to put an access door on the outside that would allow me to get under the back bench of the nook.
That would be a great idea! I wonder if Winnebago could tell us whether it would be safe to cut a hole in the wall. Then it would just be a matter of getting a door kit.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:34 AM   #65

National RV Owners Club
Fritz908, Sounds like you bought from a good dealer; do you know the make and model of your replacement WP? (possibly Surflow 4008?). I put foam pipe wrap on my water lines to help stop the racket.

You can use a good stud finder to survey the area for door cutout, it should find both AL and wood. As for the compartment door, check here:http://http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=4562&Retu rn=97
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:14 AM   #66

Cherry red 2101DS

We bought ours 2years ago. We love it. Had to have the DVDs player replaced but otherwise all works well. We have had it out for several weekends and several longer trips.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:17 AM   #67

3300 mile trip on new 2101FBS

Hello all. My wife and I are new to the RV world. We decided on the Minnie 2101FBS for or 2 week Vacation to Vermont from south Florida. We pulled with a 2013 Explorer V6 4x4. Round trip was 3300 miles, 7 KOA campgrounds 1 flat tire and a whole lot of fun. Love the Minnie just one complaint.
In heavy rain the pop out leaks. Does anyone else have this issue? Need to take in to the dealer to have it fixed just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with this issue and how they fixed it.

Cant wait for the next trip!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #68

Congratulations on the new Minnie. We love ours too. Ours has been through some major gully washers and I never noticed a leak. Can you tell where yours is coming from?
Old 07-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #69

It comes from the bottom under the couch. Even when I lean the trailer to that side in heavy rain it still comes in.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #70

CS, I climbed a ladder and took a photo of the slide seal on our trailer. This is what yours should look like. Make sure it is solidly attached to the trailer wall. Looks like they designed it well since ours has never leaked. With a close inspection you should be able to see where yours is leaking. By the way, what name do you go by?

Tags
tow, winnebago