Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #113

Super TDI. Congratulations. Looks like Georgia.

Ken
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #114

TDI, that's a great place to keep Minnie. Nice looking house too. My Minnie still lives outside next to the house. Plans are to extend the driveway and build a large carport for the truck and camper.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #115

Thanks
It does feel good to have it under roof.

My Minnie was built in early 2012, so it's a very early production and has been uncovered all its life. Definitely starting to show its age despite regular wash and wax as well as roof conditioning.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #116

I like the Trailer Port

Nice job extending the roof to cover your Minnie. I just poured a slab to keep mine on but I have no way to put it under a roof. I live in Miami so the sun is a factor that I have to take into account.
I would have designed my house to provide coverage like you did but my house was built in 1960!
I hope my blue Minnie doesn't fade.
Papa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:17 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa1 View Post
Miami...
I hope my blue Minnie doesn't fade.
My dad retired at Ocean Reef Club some years ago so I know what that south FL sun will do to fiberglass like on his boat. You'll start to see it fade if you don't keep up with regular waxing. Once it starts looking chalky, it's a bear to get it shiny again.
I have it starting on mine a bit but not sure if it's the sun fading the fiberglass or if it's coming off the roof and sticking to the side... or both.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:52 AM   #118

Thanks

I've had my Minnie 2101 for just over a year. No chalking yet but I am inspired now to give it a new coat of wax/UV protectant. I used to have a boat and my inlaws were members at Ocean Reef. If you know Miami, you know why I head for the mountains every summer! Have a great day!
Papa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
We bought our Winnebago 2201DS in Acworth. I'll keep an eye out for you in the State Parks come Spring.
Hi Bob. We just took delivery of our Minnie. We purchased from Open Roads at the Atlanta camper show back in January. Ordered it straight from the factory to get the colors we wanted. We are about 90 miles north of Atlanta and enjoy the state parks as well. Allatoona is our favorite. We will be easy to spot with our red, white, & blue set up. We are so ready for spring so we can try her out.
Blue Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Away View Post
Hi Bob. We just took delivery of our Minnie. We purchased from Open Roads at the Atlanta camper show back in January. Ordered it straight from the factory to get the colors we wanted. We are about 90 miles north of Atlanta and enjoy the state parks as well. Allatoona is our favorite. We will be easy to spot with our red, white, & blue set up. We are so ready for spring so we can try her out.
Well, it's a small world. We're on our way to Florida and will be stopping at the Allatoona Marine Resort and Campground tomorrow. It's fun to have the Minnie hitched up again, and tomorrow, I'll be flushing out the water lines getting everything ready for our first outing in 2016.

Maybe you can give me some advice. When I head out Thursday morning, after rush hour, should I stay straight on 75 through Atlanta or take the bypass? Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #121

Since you will be going through Atlanta after rush hour, I suggest taking I75 straight through Atlanta. The bypass is typically no less congested than I75 and will add some extra miles to your trip. Safe travels!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Away View Post
Open Roads is who we bought our Minnie from. They gave me a pretty good price but you have to watch them cause they like to add on extra fees. They did a pretty good job getting the trailer ready because I haven't had any warranty issues. We bought the champagne color with black trim. Not quite at bright as some of the other colors offered but we like it. We just got back from 5 days at Tugaloo State Park on Lake Hartwell. It's one of our favorite parks.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:05 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
When I head out Thursday morning, after rush hour, should I stay straight on 75 through Atlanta or take the bypass? Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.
I agree with Blue Away. If you can hit Atlanta between 0900 and 1500, you will be better off going straight thru on I-75. Stay clear of I-285. The perimeter is a mess most of the time and is the long way around anyway. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:27 AM   #124

Quote:
I agree with Blue Away. If you can hit Atlanta between 0900 and 1500, you will be better off going straight thru on I-75. Stay clear of I-285. The perimeter is a mess most of the time and is the long way around anyway. Good luck and safe travels.
Agreed
All the truck traffic goes around I- 285. Stay away.
Wait until at least 0900 before heading out. Tune radio to 95.5fm
Old 02-24-2016, 05:32 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
Well, it's a small world. We're on our way to Florida and will be stopping at the Allatoona Marine Resort and Campground tomorrow. It's fun to have the Minnie hitched up again, and tomorrow, I'll be flushing out the water lines getting everything ready for our first outing in 2016.
Hope the train doesn't run all night. It's a nice area of the lake except that RR crossing.

I think the water is still pretty low in the lake. It's really pretty in the summer.
We camp that area a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150409_090151.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	119764  
Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 AM   #126

Quote:
Open Roads is who we bought our Minnie from. They gave me a pretty good price but you have to watch them cause they like to add on extra fees. They did a pretty good job getting the trailer ready because I haven't had any warranty issues. We bought the champagne color with black trim. Not quite at bright as some of the other colors offered but we like it. We just got back from 5 days at Tugaloo State Park on Lake Hartwell. It's one of our favorite parks.
We did run into a doc fee that wasn't mentioned up front. Also had a couple of other frustrating things happen on the sales end of the deal. I'm hoping we don't have to deal with the service side much, but so far no complaints with the service guys.

I just looked up Tugaloo. It looks nice. Was it an easy tow? May have to check it out. I like the idea of cable hookups. That's one thing missing at the state parks around Allatoona.

Tags
tow, winnebago