Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMerritt View Post
We just purchased a 2017 2104RG Travel Trailer.

I am exploring the possibility of installing a Fantastic Fan in the bedroom, in place of the non-powered vent.

I see a 12v light above the headboard, under the cabinet.
I see another against the wall of the bathroom.

Where might I find diagrams on the best way to get access to the 12v circuits?
Winnebago will tell you that there are no wiring diagrams available. I installed the deluxe Maxxair fan in our bedroom. I just pulled one of the puck lights that was about two feet from the vent opening and tied onto the power there. Then ran the wire with a coathanger over to the vent opening. The hardest part was scrapping/cleaning off the putty and caulk on the roof to install the new fan. Works great. I also replaced the 4" exhaust fan in the bathroom with a deluxe Maxxair fan. I can really move the air now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil 1024 View Post
8 months now w/ the 2016 2455BHS w/ absolutely no problems. We camp in SP/COE only and are loving the Minnie (our 3rd TT) . Open Roads-Acworth did the prep and I had told Ronnie I didn't want a new trailer for depreceation and bugs. and he said HE would work all the bugs out before delivery. I told him I was goin to hold him to that, and he did. Bravo to Winnebago for putting one together right. Still haven't used outside kitchen to full potential, but DW loves her "bedroom" w/ top bunk removed. Happy Camping, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Away View Post
We also purchased our blue 2201DS from Open Roads and call Allatoona our home. :cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil 1024 View Post
Mine is white, but haven't seen any post or "on the road" 2455 owners. We live in Newnan(home of Chatt. Bend SP) but have not trailer camped Allatoona. Raised in Cartersville and spent many years on the lake, but since the move here West Point was easier. We will be trying Red Top soon. No boat.
We bought our red 2455 from Open Roads in March and have been calling Allatoona home quite a bit also. Sweetwater, Red Top and Victoria campgrounds so far. McKinney is next. We've also had zero problems so far.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #255

We bought our 2201DS from Open Roads in Ackworth. The must have done a good job on the PDI because we haven't had a single warranty issue. We've been spending a lot of time at the Corps of Engineer campgrounds around Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell. They are really nice campgrounds.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #256

2016 2106FBS Minnie

Purchased in Aug., pulled nearly 4K already. This TT tows like no other I have ever pulled. Super impressed with that. Common comments: the mattress is really uncomfortable, that problem was fixed with a $50 padded mattress cover. Have a problem with the light covers constantly falling off during towing. not a big deal.
I think the doors over the couch and over the bed are set up for design and not practicality. Putting 3 doors in each area would allow the ability to get into the cupboard and reach everything with ease. Over the bed could use a 2nd shelf or tad bigger cupboards for just a little bit more storage which I believe this TT could use. I am only 5'2" and I have to climb on the bed to reach anything.
I also think the bed could be a bit higher which would allow for more storage under neath. I am going to put a light at the side of the bed for reading, the one over top does not allow that.
I heated some sausages in a pan on the stove and there must have been a few splashes and i have several stains on the right side wall..that surprised me. Will have to change that somehow.
We added a Trailer Valet, it permanently attaches to the tow hitch. It is not electric but does do the job. That was an expensive add that we really like. Had to relocate the LP tray to put the bracket on to hold the Trailer Valet.
We also just purchased a cover for storage.....
I would appreciate comments with ideas. We downsized from a 34ft Colorado and that was no easy job.
Spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #257

Wow, great report Spartan11 and welcome to the thread. Sure glad you are enjoying your new 2106FBS. We have made a lot of little improvements to personalize our Minnie and that is part of the fun.

I see you are from Florida. At the end of August we completed a 3 week 2777 mile vacation to Lake Placid Florida. We missed the flooding near Baton Rouge by a few days going down and missed the hurricane by one week that went through Apalachicola. Spent a week there and enjoyed some great fishing.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan11 View Post
Purchased in Aug., pulled nearly 4K already. This TT tows like no other I have ever pulled. Super impressed with that. Common comments: the mattress is really uncomfortable, that problem was fixed with a $50 padded mattress cover. Have a problem with the light covers constantly falling off during towing. not a big deal.
I think the doors over the couch and over the bed are set up for design and not practicality. Putting 3 doors in each area would allow the ability to get into the cupboard and reach everything with ease. Over the bed could use a 2nd shelf or tad bigger cupboards for just a little bit more storage which I believe this TT could use. I am only 5'2" and I have to climb on the bed to reach anything.
I also think the bed could be a bit higher which would allow for more storage under neath. I am going to put a light at the side of the bed for reading, the one over top does not allow that.
I heated some sausages in a pan on the stove and there must have been a few splashes and i have several stains on the right side wall..that surprised me. Will have to change that somehow.
We added a Trailer Valet, it permanently attaches to the tow hitch. It is not electric but does do the job. That was an expensive add that we really like. Had to relocate the LP tray to put the bracket on to hold the Trailer Valet.
We also just purchased a cover for storage.....
I would appreciate comments with ideas. We downsized from a 34ft Colorado and that was no easy job.
Appreciate your review of the 2106FBS as we are anticipating potentially trading for one in the spring. Our Winnie Drop 170S is so easy to tow and the retro styling makes it a real hit at the campgrounds. In fact, we really enjoy everything about it except the sleeping setup. Arthritic knees and back make climbing into and out of the bed somewhat difficult for both of us. Anything else you would offer in terms of review/advice?
Old 09-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #259

Looking at your icon Scratch I thought you might appreciate this photo.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:11 AM   #260

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Looking at your icon Scratch I thought you might appreciate this photo.

God Bless Texas
Old 09-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #261

2106 Hey Florida is just about as big as Texas (tee tee)

Got a laugh out of the TX Flag, ...Our trips almost always take us to Texas, Luckenback We are able to store our guitars under the bed...perfect fit.
Comments: the table that comes with our 2106 model is a waste of time inside the TT. It is the length of the couch and leaves absolutely no room to move. There is a 4" gap behind the couch to place the table, but during travel it would bang around so i wrap it in a quilt and store it on the bed during movement.
I find the storage areas lacking and the ones we have are mostly awkward. I am putting hooks in hidden places like in the back side closet to make up for lack of space. We also had covers put over the two vents...
Another one that just has me scratching my head is that the window covers allow no privacy, you can almost see through them at night, and in the day the heat penetrates. I have put up non light filtering fabric as much as I can. Oh and on that note, the TT is lite up like a christmas tree at night with a light on the frig, a light on the tv and a plug for the TV, both alarms have lights, one that is blinking and thank goodness I figured out how to turn off the radio system light. The vent over the bed has a permanent coveAnd I have to unplug the microwave because that is extremely bright at night. Also I would comment that that plug for microwave is totally wasted because it is really high up in the cabinet over the sink and not easy to use for anything else. I plug an extension cord into the only plug located by the sink just to reach the coffee pot, or crock pot if I am cooking......
If you are taller than 5'10" try out the bed, it works perfectly for me, but it is short.
Seems like it is always live and learn.
Spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #262

Any new owners of Winnebago towables????

Just a small tip for the post above.

Regarding the light on fridge and microwave and really any other small light.

We just use a small piece of electrical tape to cover these items and it's nice because you can remove it after if needed without a bunch of residue.

Been doing this for four years.

Not sure about your overhead vent on your bed.

But on ours we had the with lid replaced with a black one. And then topped it with a black max air cover.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #263

Thanks for the feedback, Spartan and FastOne. The 2106 is about as big as we can go with our small(er) truck. The retirement budget doesn't permit a replacement truck and trailer combo, so we're limited to only a few models and we really want to stay with Winnebago. Besides, I don't want to give up the Sport Trac; we really like it...

Spartan: We frequently ride the motorcycle to Luckenbach. Great place... I play also; on Thursday evenings you can sit around open mic style with a bunch of other ole pickers and have a great time. Love the Texas hill country...
Old 09-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #264

About to take delivery of a 2106FBS myself :)

Thanks for sharing your impressions Spartan, my wife and I are about to pickup our 2106FBS saturday!

We really fell in love with the 2500RL, but I was concerned about the weight with my truck. I have a 2003 f150, and while it probably *could* have barely squeaked by, we like to do a 2 week desert camping trip, and by the time you add in 40 extra gallons of gas, a couple Honda eu2000s, cases and cases of refreshments and art projects and whatnot... i think I need those 1400lbs

Anyhow, the 2106 layout is really nice for us (a couple with no kids).. the only other serious candidate we considered was a similar LivinLite (i liked that it had the TV across from the couch and closer to the bed) but ultimately, we didn't think this was worth an extra $8000 or so.

I've read this whole thread, and found a good pre-delivery checklist. Still a little nervous about making the second biggest purchase I've made in my life, but we are excited for the adventures ahead!
robrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrob View Post
Thanks for sharing your impressions Spartan, my wife and I are about to pickup our 2106FBS saturday!

We really fell in love with the 2500RL, but I was concerned about the weight with my truck. I have a 2003 f150, and while it probably *could* have barely squeaked by, we like to do a 2 week desert camping trip, and by the time you add in 40 extra gallons of gas, a couple Honda eu2000s, cases and cases of refreshments and art projects and whatnot... i think I need those 1400lbs

Anyhow, the 2106 layout is really nice for us (a couple with no kids).. the only other serious candidate we considered was a similar LivinLite (i liked that it had the TV across from the couch and closer to the bed) but ultimately, we didn't think this was worth an extra $8000 or so.

I've read this whole thread, and found a good pre-delivery checklist. Still a little nervous about making the second biggest purchase I've made in my life, but we are excited for the adventures ahead!
Robrob, please let us know your impressions when you pick it up. And congratulations!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #266

Bah! Ladder hasn't shipped from factory yet, so had to cancel this weekend's plans.
Have folks in town next week, so inspection /delivery is now 10/15. so it goes :/
robrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, winnebago